Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

9 More Days Until Spring!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

9 More Days Until Spring! Empty
PostSubject: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm

I can't get my mind off the fact that winter is nearly OVER!!!! cheers We didn't have a harsh winter, but it did seem very looooooong! I actually saw a robin this morning! Awesome sign of Spring!
What's the first thing you want to do once the snow melts and we get our warmer temps?
We will buy a new Grill, and then put up our gazeebo on our deck.

ML flower
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:11 pm

Well...for me the transition is from shoveling the driveway to mowing the lawn! No

But open windows and fresh air will be nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

The first thing I'm going to do is rip all the plastic off the windows open the windows and get some fresh air in the house. Then I'm going to work on my rock garden and start building another one. I got a lake swimming pass so my son and I are planning on spending alot of time at the lake and at Drury.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm

That sounds real nice, hatshepsut! sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

I always thought a gazebo would be a really nice thing to have. Or a screened in back porch.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, we had a Sunsetter awning first. We loved it and had it for years. But then a heavy rain with strong winds destroyed it. It was expensive, so we decided our next thing would be a Gazebo. So, we got this huge gazebo, and put right on our deck ( The deck is pretty big, and able to accomadate it ) had that for a few until, another storm ripped it to shreds. We always buy the kind with the screens that go all the way around. It's nice to eat out there and not be bothered by Flies or scared out of your mind by BEES and at night, it has a string of lights on one side and the screens keep out the mosquitoes. We put out candles too, it's really nice. But then, you guessed it... ANOTHER storm ripped up that one but this time the metal legs were bent but not broken. So we bought another Gazebo for the "walls" and "ceiling" and used the old skeleton.
We find these gazebos for $100.00 bucks, which when compared to to the Sunsetter awning, it's cheaper to replace the gazebos!
LOL!! We do not have very good luck with those things, but we LOVE them!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:23 pm

It really sounds nice. I don't think gazebos or sunsetter awnings would last very long around here either. It would be nice to sit outside at night without being attacked by the mosquitos.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:27 pm

It is! When we have our friends over for dinner in the summer, we make a huge pitcher of Rasberry ice tea, bring out some munchies and put on the lights, light the candles and either just sit and chat, or we play cards or board games.
When it's just my family, we play board games all the time. It's fun!
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:41 pm

That all sounds so nice! I live in a tiny apartment, so no yard or gazebos for me. The only spring-y type changes I've noticed are that the birds are coming back to my feeders (much to the delight of my cats) and that it's warmer now when I go into work (and get off).

Someday, I want to have a big yard with a screened in porch and a vegetable garden and fruit trees. Ideally I'd like to get about 40 acres and a small barn and some horses but with the cost of land... well, if that ever happens it won't be until I'm retired.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Magoozelle I always thought it would be so nice to live in the country. We had two days of spring weather here and then it turned cold again. I've been looking at gazebos and I'm seriously thinking about getting one. I think every year I'll put in a vegetable garden but I never seem to get it done.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:46 pm

flower YAY!!!! flower Today is the first day of spring!!!! The long winter is officially over!!! Soooo Happy!
My hubby and our son are going for a walk and get some fresh air!! cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Mystery Lover you are having spring weather where you are ? Congrats and enjoy Smile

Yesterday it was beautiful here. I had the backdoor and a window open. The fresh breeze was wonderful. By afternoon it was starting to turn cold. Today it is very cold and we have an inch of snow on the ground. That's life living on the Great Plains for you. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:42 pm

It's gorgeous here in NJ today at 70ยบ F. I'm airing the place out, too. flower
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 pm

That sounds really lovely Lady Kestrel. I can't wait till we get back to 70 degree weather Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 9 More Days Until Spring!   9 More Days Until Spring! Empty

Back to top Go down

9 More Days Until Spring!
Page 1 of 1