Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1

Go down 
+20
Mullane
Taio
Faust
bonsai
emmanuel5
Andromus
Camaro
lakerz
catbytes
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
AngDMC
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
danyboy
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
Gelert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm

I see. Adventure treff calls it Physicus - Die Rückkehr (the return), so it's indeed part 2.
This is as far as my German knowledge goes, so unfortunately I'm also unable to try the game. Sad
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

There were many of these games (Physicus et al). There were Geographicus, a sequel to Chemicus, Mathica, Historion and others. At one time I was in Email contact with a lady at Heureka-Klett. She insisted that there would be no English versions as no publisher was interested. I even emphasised my belief that they'd be ideal teaching-game material for schools and put her in touch with a few English publishers. However, no go. She was adamant. No English versions. Sad I think I list some of them on my Translations Please! page on Adventure Point.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Yes, I'm disappointed that the sequels to Physicus and Chemicus aren't available in English. Didn't Bioscopia have a sequel, too? Maybe they're not doing it because the originals did poorly, but I really enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:30 pm

Thank you Gelert. So we know there was a sequel but not in English.

I do apologize for posting a screenshot of a non english speaking game.

Interesting screenshot HandsFree but I don't have a clue what it could be. scratch

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 pm

HandsFree,
Is that screen from Necronomicon?
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Yes it is. Hatshepsut recommended it. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Embarassed Necronomicon lol! Yes I do recommend it. Not only was it one of the first games I played but it is a favorite of mine I think scratch Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 am

I've never played it, but I recognized the face from other screenshots. I'll be back shortly with a new one.

Here it is. I think it's a non-favorite actiony scene for some.
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 AP15
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:38 am

LadyK I believe I recognize this screenshot as the one that had me Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 916703 and Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 632275

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:53 am

It's from "Still Life", the part where you have to guide a small spider robot through a corridor protected by laser beams (the red lines) and open a door or something.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:26 pm

I willnever forget that scene. It's the only game save I ever needed. I just could not get through those lasers! No
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 pm

A lot of people complained about this sequence, but it didn't give me any trouble at all. The only puzzle in the game that I really hated and made me use a walkthrough was the one with the cookies!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Finally, a screenshot I recognize! I should as I tried it so many times I was afraid I would use up the spider robots, almost afraid. I finally made it past those beams when I found a map (don't remember where it was) that showed the locations of the safe places to move to, although one still had to watch out for the laser beams and time it just so. I actually did it, but then I don't know how to install a saved game, so it is do it or else for me.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 am

You named it correctly Emmanuel5. It's your turn.
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:15 am

If you have played this adventure game, then you have seen this screen many, MANY, M-A-N-Y times!

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 Death

This game will probably be unknown to youngsters, but I’m pretty sure that older gamers will recognize it easily.
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Is that Bloodnet, Emmanuel? I haven't played it but I think I've seen that screenshot somewhere..
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Well done, Taio! It is indeed from the PC version of "Bloodnet:A Cyberpunk Gothic", published by Microprose in 1994.

Microprose is best known for its excellent simulators, like the “F-15 Strike Eagle” and “Grand Prix” series, as well as the highly successful "X-COM" games. However, veteran adventurers surely remember that during the first half of the ‘90s, Microprose was also producing adventure games of extremely high quality, on par with the Lucas Arts and Sierra games. "Bloodnet" was designed by the same team that later gave us the famous “Ripper” and it’s a superb cyberpunk adventure with strong RPG elements, like character creation, use of special skills, recruitment of allies etc. It’s one of my favourite games but also one of the most difficult I’ve ever played in my life! I only managed to finish it with a walkthrough!

(By the way, the snow effect is nice but it seriously slows down the navigation!)
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:35 am

Okay try this one:

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 Adas
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 am

I think that's Hollywood Monsters, Taio.
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:34 am

Correct Lady K!
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:28 am

An oldie, which has been cropped:
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 AP16
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 am

Is it Gobliiins?
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 am

It is indeed Gobliiins, Mullane. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 am

cheers I was finally quick enough on one I actually knew.

Here is the next screen for you guys.
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 Mysterypic-1
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 am

That cursor can only be from Dogday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next