Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1

Go down 
+20
Mullane
Taio
Faust
bonsai
emmanuel5
Andromus
Camaro
lakerz
catbytes
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
AngDMC
HandsFree
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
danyboy
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
Gelert
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 9:36 am

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Bathroom1

I hope it is, because the nearest drugstore is half a mile away!

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Bathroom2

Zeppelin! My favourite brand! I’ll take a doz...WHAT!?... it’s run out of XXL size!!?? Damn my luck... Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 534817
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm

I nearly sprayed my monitor with pepsi when I saw your screenshots and read your comments emmanuel5. Very interesting...........the screenshots I mean Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 10

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 am

emmanuel5 wrote:
Quote :
And it's awful.
You mean the voice acting, right? Smile
Because everyone who has played this game will tell you that it's actually quite good!
I meant the voice acting, but if everyone likes it that's usually an accurate indicator that I won't What a Face . I liked the overall idea and the story, but unfortunately I found the gameplay very tedious and finished it only out of completism.

The screens are from Kronolog The Nazi Paradox. Have you played it (I haven't)?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 pm

HandsFree wrote:
emmanuel5 wrote:
Quote :
And it's awful.
You mean the voice acting, right? Smile
Because everyone who has played this game will tell you that it's actually quite good!
I meant the voice acting, but if everyone likes it that's usually an accurate indicator that I won't What a Face . I liked the overall idea and the story, but unfortunately I found the gameplay very tedious and finished it only out of completism.

The screens are from Kronolog The Nazi Paradox. Have you played it (I haven't)?

Are you refering to the Dutch voice acting?
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Well done, HandsFree! This was a tough one!

The screenshots are actually from the european version of the game, called “Red Hell”. It’s a somewhat obscure adventure, developed by Castleworks Gameware and released in 1993.

The game takes place in an alternative future, where communist Russia emerged as the only superpower after World War II and now rules the whole planet with an iron fist. You’re Dr. Constantine, a famous scientist whose son has disappeared, so you go to the KGB headquarters to ask for their help in finding him. There you meet a sexy blonde secretary who tells you how much she admires you and how impressed she is of your work and how she’d love to come down to your lab and see you working from up close and then she tells you that in 10 minutes she’ll take a break and have some coffee at the conference lounge which is always empty at this time of day. Why don’t you join her? She’d much appreciate the company of a gifted man like you! You rush to the mens’ room, desperately looking for a condom (screenshot 1), but -tough luck- you ‘re such a “gifted” man that you can’t find any condoms that fit your size (screenshot 2)! “Whatever”, you think, “Only an idiot would waste this opportunity”. BAD decision, dude! Six months later, the girl’s father, who happens to be some high-up in the communist party (maybe because he’s Stalin’s grandson) learns that his princess is knocked up and wants your head! You have two options: Either marry the girl or flee the country and of course you choose what any reasonable man would do in your place: Fleeeeeeee!!! See what happens when you don’t use protection?

OK, most of this is nonsense; I never got far into the game and I have no idea what exactly goes on. I had no real interest in “Red Hell” or even knew it existed when I bought it 15 years ago. I just picked it up with a bunch of other games from a videogame store that was closing down and was selling off its entire stock for peanuts. I completely forgot I even had it in my collection, until I accidentally came across it a few months ago as I was looking for some other game.

“Hmmm... “Red Hell”... let’s give it a try and remember the good ol’ DOS days!”

But unfortunately it’s a floppy disk game (perhaps there is a CD-ROM version as well but I can’t be sure) that would take ages to install and configure and I was too bored, so:

“Ohhhhh, forget the good ol’ DOS days. Let’s play “Heavy Rain” on Playstation.”

What’s interesting about this game is that the US version not only has a different title (“Kronolog:The Nazi Paradox”) but also a significantly different setting. In the US version it’s nazist Germany that won the Great War and thus the plot, character names and even graphics and artwork are different from the european version that I have. I didn’t know this until I read it on Mobygames.com.

Anyway, the game is available for download at several abandonware sites (this is how I took the screenshots), so if you’re curious about it you can give it a try.

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:38 pm

. . and it's also featured here of course . .

Kronolog: The Nazi Paradox
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:13 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Are you refering to the Dutch voice acting?
Yes, I never heard the English (American?) acting.
emmanuel5 wrote:
“Ohhhhh, forget the good ol’ DOS days. Let’s play “Heavy Rain” on Playstation.”
I never had a problem with dosgames, thanks to dosbox, it's the win95 games that are a pain. Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 916703
emmanuel5 wrote:
Anyway, the game is available for download at several abandonware sites (this is how I took the screenshots), so if you’re curious about it you can give it a try.
I think I might, depending on how much of your summary is not nonsense. Cool

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Guess18
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 am

Once again I am pretty sure I have played the game with that screenshot but can't pinpoint it. I will take a wild stab and say Myst V End of Ages?
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 am

It's not Myst V.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:57 am

Okay...drawing straws here since I am too stubborn to look these up and try to go by memory only. I am believing this is a solo first person game.....Realms of Illusion (aka Descenders in Time)
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Your first guess was closer...
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Then how about Uru: Complete Chronicles as I just don't see this screen in my head from the other Myst games.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:55 pm

No
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Guess18b
Back to top Go down
bonsai
Wanderer's Apprentice
bonsai

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:11 am

OK HF (to help you out): Myst Revelation
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 2:35 pm

lol!

That was my first thought but I was so sure that it was NOT Myst IV that I refused to guess it as such. Good Grief Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 170796
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Yes, that first shot is Yeesha's bedroom.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Could someone put up a screenn shot please while we wait for bonsai.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:11 am

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Circus10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 am

Thanks winfrey

Interesting sceen shot

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 am

lol... I thought you guessed it already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 am

lol nope I haven't guessed it yet. It looks familiar but I don't recognize it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:24 am

Is it Sanitarium?
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 1:23 pm

yes it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Next screen!
Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 0dfg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1   Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1 - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventure Screenshot Game - Take 1
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next