Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths Empty
PostSubject: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 am

The game starts with a movie intro of events that ocurred when Tony was a boy. When you take control Tony is a private detective in his office. He is preparing to prove his theory that the theft of Halloween candy from children on Halloween is an alien conspiracy to take over the world. Tony has been working on this case for many years. Tony has a pet tapir Pantagruel. Pantagruel is kidnapped. Your objective in the game is to find Pantagruel ( who Tony believes is his pet doggie) who has been kidnapped by Jack o Lantern.

Installation
Insert CD - ROM in drive. This will launch install. Click on Tony Tough install and follow the on screen instructions.
CD - ROM has to be in the drive to play the game.

You have the choice between Easy and Hard Mode. There are several puzzles that will be skipped in Easy Mode.

There are 95 save slots. Save often. If you make a mistake in some dialog choices you might not be able to get back to the question you need to ask. I found saving before starting a conversation very helpful.

Upon entering the park, where the major part of the game takes place, Tony will begin drawing a map of the park on his notebook. This will make traveling around the park much easier.

Tony Tough is a 3rd Person Perspective. The game progresses by solving puzzles. The puzzles aren't difficult but some are a little quirky.
There are many characters that you interact with and alot of dialog. It is possible to choose only the needed subject in the dialog but you will miss some some clever humor if you choose to skip dialog.

You play as Tony Tough a private detective for the last ten years.Tony has failed to solve any case that he is investigating. He believes aliens are trying to take over earth and are behind the candy thefts at Halloween. Now he must solve the kidnapping of Pantagruel his pet tapir who he believes is a doggie.

Some might find Tony annoying especially his nasally voice.. However it fits his character perfectly. The voice actor was suburb in accomplishing this

You have the option to play the game in color or sepia which gives the game an old time movie effect. Gameplay was smooth and sctreen transitions were short. I found no bugs or glitches in my gameplay. I had about 15 - 20hours with my gameplay.

If you like a colorfull cartoony type game with some humor and puzzles that aren't hair pulling this game might be for you. If you like a long deep involved game with puzzles that make you sit back and thinkthis game probably isn't for you.

Released 2002
Developed by - Prograph Research

Minimum Requirements:
Windows 9x/ME/2K/XP Compatability
Pentium 200
32 Mb RAM
300 Kb of Hard Disk free space
CD - ROM 8x
Direct X6 or higher (included) installed
Audio device with Direct X Driver
Mouse and Keyboard

Rated: Teen
Comic Mischief
Mild Violence
Suggestive Themes
Point and Click

I played on Wndows XP

Grade - B

hatshepsut .

Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 pm

This was such a hard game for me. I pretty much had to do the whole game with a walkthrough in hand, but it was lots of fun. I was thinking it would be a great game for my grandsons, but they found it way too hard.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

I missed this review. Doh!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm

Gelert lol

mbday630 I know alot of people didn't like this game much. But I really enjoy the game. It was a fun game. I just loved the humor in the game. And I thought Tony was adorable.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:04 am

Yes, me too, playing the game was lots of fun. I love the 3rd person "cartoony" type of games (like Simon the Sorcerer, my favorite) and I really enjoyed this, but I don't know if the puzzles were too hard, or I was just too old to play it. I had a really really hard time with it. But, as I said, lots of fun. Definitely on my replay list.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:57 am

I've heard that it's a really difficult game in terms of puzzles, etc.. Is that true hats? It looks absolutely my type of game though.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 2:16 am

Gelert I think Tony Tough is your kind of game. The puzzles lean a little towards on the hard side. Once you figure out just what you are supposed to do with the puzzle most of them aren't very difficult to accomplish. Most of the puzzles are a little quirky. You definely want to pick up everything you can for your inventory.
At times it's a little difficult to know where you supposed to go and getting there is confusing at times even with the map. But over all it is a fun game.

One thing to me about the puzzles. As odd as it seems the puzzles were logical in an illogical way. I know this seems strange but if you play the game you'll see what I mean.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths   Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1