Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes Empty
PostSubject: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 am

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes in development from Mad Orange.

In the backdrop of the 30's Corruption and the Great Depression Jack Del Nero ex cop now investigator sits in his New York office. Thinking about his life before the bottle of whiskey sitting before him. He doesn't know he's about to receive a phone call that will change his life. The murder of his ex colleague, Little Emily and the Great Eclipse are a few of the events facing Jack on his tortuous path in the hunt for the Cat With Jade Eyes.

Read more about Face Noir On The Horizon found Here

Official Website Here

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes Facenoir2
Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes Facenoir

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks Hats

It looks promising...too bad its not in first person though Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes 542331
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 am

It is to bad about not being in 1st person perspective Sad

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:26 pm

The storyline sounds a lot like Sam Spade and The Maltese Falcon, a book by Dashiell Hammett (spelling might be wrong) and also a movie with Humphrey Bogart. Of course, I may be the only one old enough to remember all this.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:38 pm

mindysue Face Noir's storyline does sound very much like The Maltese Falcon.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:07 pm

The storyline may be familiar, but it is still good. I know the description of the game says it is a third person view, but the screenshots I've seen are all first person, not a single sprite except for one NPC. I would think by now there would be at least one scene showing the PI, or does he only show in cut scenes, maybe?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 pm

mindysue these screenshots do look like 1st person but from everything I've found out about the game it is 3rd person. I will check again but I believe you will be playing the detective the whole time. I'll see if I can get a screenshot of the detective.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 am

Actually, if you ask the opinion of this First Person lover, I can see by the camera angles that this must be a Third Person game however the puzzles look as if they revert to first person.

You can see the character in the screen titled 125th Street, Harlem New York down on the side walk.

So Miss Mindy another game for you to watch for....lucky you cheers Mean while I got a great shot in the arm watching the HD Trailer released today from Prominence a First Person, Sci-Fi Game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:53 am

mindysue at this time there doesn't seem to be a screenshot of the character except the one that GreyFuss mentioned. He is hard to see but if you look closely he is in the screenshot.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Well, yes, I do see a character near the first street light and it looks like there might be another character there too, or it could be part of the entrance to the building. There is also another character walking down the sidewalk by the second street lamp. But all that tells me is that the street view has people in it as part of a realistic style and not necessarily anythig to do with the PI, unless he interviews one of them, which can be done in first person.
I checked out the website, Mad Orange has a really neat logo! On the You Tube link there was a scene with the entrance to a bar (Red Tulip in neon) with the sound effects of rain coming down in sheets, nice, but no PI getting drenched. I'm not sure if that scene was from this game or another one as the rest was in Italian and I got the impression there was work on several games going on.
In any case, I will be keeping my eye on this game, but not on Prominence which is so not for me!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 pm

mindysue

I like that Mad Orange logo too. The Red Tulip is in Face Noir. I did find this early concept art screenshot of the detective. Whether or not he will end up looking like this in the game we will have to wait and see.

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes 12214

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes 9875

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi hatshepsut,
Thanks for the screenshot of the PI and yes, it is a little too early to tell what the final result will be. As I understand the making of a game, some artists work on backgrounds while others work on the animated sprites. When and how they finally get it all put together I have no idea. At any rate, I hope he is part of the game and not just in cut scenes, although even that makes it more third-persony than first, so I'm still very interested.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:56 am

Wow, now that's graphics, can't wait to play this one, thanks Hats flower
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:56 am

You are welcome StarLite

Your welcome mindysue. I don't know when or how they start putting it all together either but it's an interesting question.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes   Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes Empty

Back to top Go down

Face Noir: The Cat With Jade Eyes
Page 1 of 1