Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

great puzzle Treasure Rebus

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
HandsFree
6 posters
AuthorMessage
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

great puzzle Treasure Rebus  Empty
PostSubject: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 am

I saw a post from the maker of Treasure Rebus on the Gameboomers forum.
I've had a look and this looks to be a very cool puzzle game, played directly on the website http://treasurerebus.com.

You have to find 9 envelopes that will help you to locate a bank safe somewhere and you do this by solving riddles/puzzles and finding real world locations using Google Maps.
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but using internet/google to find those locations was new to me.
So far I enjoyed the challenges very much (only I'm completely stuck with the puzzle/errand in the 4th envelope).

A quote from the GB-post: Treasure Rebus is a difficult game and few people will solve it if they play alone. Maybe if there are more people playing together it will be easier to solve it or at least get further in the game.
This seems to be true for me too. Anyone interested to have a look at this great puzzle?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 pm

HandsFree that looks like one tough puzzle game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I couldn't even figure out the first locatiion.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:55 pm

When I go to that page I don't find and "game" button or someway to access the game. Is it just me?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:20 pm

GreyFuss click on the book to open and read the book. It will tell you what to do.

Same with me jkeerie, the place looks familiar though.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Must be me then as I still don't see a way to start the game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:44 pm

GreyFuss do you see the picture of the building ? Google it in the google bar under the book

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:54 pm

lol!

I can still can not find a way to start this game. LOL. I see a picture of a building in the main book but when I run the cursor over it the picture turns into a map and when I click on it it just changes the page. Maybe I need some kind of update for Flash or something as this doesn't seem to be working on my PC. scratch Oh well, off to find something else to play since there are no more games left for me to play....woe is me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:29 pm

You have to identify the building you see in the picture. You see it marked on the map (red dot) plus a green arrow. You then have to use google maps, streetview, to find out what the green arrow points at and type that in the textbox.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:48 pm

Ah...so there is no way to start the game Laughing its already started but for the life of me I have read and reread everything in that book and I can't come up with what that building is. Do you have to use gew... droog...ewwgle or can you use Yahoo. I hate peeugle and won't use it.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:38 pm

The book doesn't say what building it is. You're supposed to recognize it. You can use any search engine, but once you know what the building is, you have to find out what it is that the green arrow points at. And for that I don't know what else you could use but google maps, streetview.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks HandsFree for your help. LOL I have no idea what that building is. How is one suppose to know without clues. Maybe I better stick with another game of Solitare. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:00 am

This is about internet research. If you search 'famous church' or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:42 am

Hmm. I had no trouble recognizing the building, but the puzzles before it look very daunting.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 2:05 am

You are doing better than I am LadyK. The building looks familiar but I just can't put a name to it. The puzzles look absolutely daunting. I see several words in the word search and wonder if it's a message. scratch

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:03 am

From what I understand it is not possible to solve those puzzles right away. You need more info that you'll find later on. At least I hope so, because I haven't found anything relating to those yet.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

The maker of Treasure Rebus posted on AdventureGamers some time ago (actually I was the one suggesting to post also on Gameboomers), so I have already found the 9 envelopes and solved 2 of the four initial puzzles (the jigsaw and the fake crossword puzzle). I'm stuck on the big map puzzle, but if you want hints for the other puzzles Wink

First hint on church:
Spoiler:
second:
Spoiler:
third:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 pm

HandsFree wrote:
From what I understand it is not possible to solve those puzzles right away. You need more info that you'll find later on. At least I hope so, because I haven't found anything relating to those yet.
Yes, those are only half puzzles, you'll find the other halves inside the envelopes, actually you should already have found the other half of one puzzle in the third envelope

Are you stuck on the newspaper clipping?
First hint for the New York Times puzzle:
Spoiler:
Second hint:
Spoiler:
Name of the street referred in the paper:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:42 pm

I already did those searches but couldn't find anything. scratch
However, while searching I stumbled on a forum thread where hints were given. So I've found the 5th envelope now, but not on my own strength. I haven't tried the next puzzle yet. Looks I need to watch a movie first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: great puzzle Treasure Rebus    great puzzle Treasure Rebus  Empty

Back to top Go down

great puzzle Treasure Rebus
Page 1 of 1