Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! Empty
PostSubject: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Folks,

Well AstroSlugs is now available and Mr. Bill is exhausted. Story is cute, but not the emphasis of this game. It is the solving of many, many diabolical puzzles. I had to print some out and cut out the pieces so I could watch a football game and slide pieces around until I finally got it. I solved five or six of them this way.

The developers, BitBarons, now realize that most players would like to have an option for hints available in a game. I have taken pictures of all the levels before and after, so if you want a hint, just email me telling me the name of the puzzle and region it is in (woods, desert, mountains, polar cap) and the kind of hint you want (one piece filled in or one kind of shape filled in or complete solution (your choice). I sent my pictures to the developers who will be putting them up as well, but they will be giving the complete solution only. They hope to incorporate a hint system later on.

I should add that there is a 30 minute Demo available also to see if you like it.

BTW: The music is fun.

Enjoy!

Mr. Bill

Last edited by Mr. Bill on Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Error)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:35 pm

Thank you Mr Bill Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:28 pm

What are AstroSlugs anyway? What kind of story, "cute" doesn't say much, does it? Also, the puzzles don't sound like any I've ever seen. Is this a casual game or a console game or?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 am

Hi MindySue,

It was different to me as well. It consists of 44 puzzles where the first 5 are tutorial showing how to play the puzzles. There is a little bit of a story about some inept slugs that want to conquer and rule all of the universe, but they're not very bright. Their Spaceship is without energy so you have to round up and energize enough slugballs so that they can take off. You do that by placing a certain number of different shapes over every slugball that is shown in each puzzle. In other words the blank puzzle is a certain number of slugballs in a particular shape and you are given a certain number of shapes, 3 of this and 4 of that and 2 of this and 3 of another shape. You then use these shapes to completely cover every slugball in the puzzle with nothing uncovered. It is very challenging. You draw these shapes onto the puzzle. If you go to the link I give above you can download the game for free for a 30 minute demo. By then you will know if you like it or not. Click on the link that says PLAY. This is a puzzle game for the PC or the Mac.

Take care.

Bill
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks, Mr. Bill,
Those puzzles sound intriguing to me, but if the tutorial takes 5 puzzles to explain them, I believe they are way too hard for me.
As for a demo, I have a hard time downloading games so I prefer to get the whole game at once, and skip any and all demos. I go by screenshots, which usually tell me what I want to know most about a game!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Bill
Wanderer's Apprentice
Mr. Bill

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Hey MindySue,

The tutorial is very simple. They go out of their way to make it simple so they just add a new shape and how to draw it as they move from one puzzle to another. They also have a YouTube video showing gameplay.

I just sent hints to a gal at GameBoomers for one of the puzzles. She is nearly half way through.

Cheers,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!   AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it! Empty

Back to top Go down

AstroSlugs is now available! - Mr. Bill finally finished it!
Page 1 of 1