Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Public Relations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Good Public Relations Empty
PostSubject: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Talk about good public relations. I just had to give SmithMicro credit where credit is due. I should also thank them because I have a new computer on the way

I bought Poser Debut, because it was cheap. Hubby spent two whole days trying to get it to work on my system. It was a no go. I wrote numerous emails to SmithMicro who sells PD and they were very helpful and friendly. You know me when I can't get something I can be a royal pain in the lower extremities with colorful overtones.

So hubby got together all my specs and I contacted SmithMicro one more time. Well turns out that even though PD is compatible with XP which that was the first thing I looked for, it is not compatible with Server 2002, which is what I am running.

We loaded PD on hubby's machine and it worked great, so we knew it had to be my machine. So hubby in his frustration said, "to hell with this" and went online and got me a new computer, and it's not even my birthday.

So after I gave them my specs they kept apologizing over and over and offered me a refund. I told them no that eventually I'll be getting a new computer (just didn't know it was going to be so soon) and that PD did work on the one computer.

SmithMicro were very helpful, pleasant and very very patient with me. Don't get me wrong, I didn't get nasty, that's usually when I get the help, but they were just terrific. Hats off to SmithMicro, I just hope anyone else whoever had to contact them were as lucky as me. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Quite nice to hear when people go out of their way to stand behind the products they publish and/or sell !!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the the trouble but I'm happy to hear that you are getting a new computer out of it. And what really nice customer service, don't find that every day.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Hmmm, what exactly is Poser Debut? Is it a piece of software you use for creating your games, StarLite (just curious)?

Anyway, congrats on the new computer your getting, Starlite! I, too, am getting a new computer (Acer laptop) so I can play the latest releases (games I bought since getting my mac/Mom wouldn't allow me to put windows on the mac/giving my 5 yr. old laptop to my nephew) - I recall that a couple of wks after getting my old laptop (64 MB ATI Radeon, 40 GB hard drive, too bulky (17 incher), too heavy (almost 10 pounds), I entertained thoughts of contacting HP Compaq and exchanging the laptop for something different.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I'm actually not ready to throw in towel on my old model yet, I just don't like the idea of having to reinstall everything again.

BZ, Poser Debut is a bare bones portion of Poser, it's basically for the beginner who wants to get into learning 3D arts. It seems to be good for making movies with. I use a lot of different programs to make games, although Poser not being one of them I do use DazStudios for creating game characters. I also use, Bryce for landscapes, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop for everything else, and Imsi Floorplan 3D for making buildings. I'd like to get into making mach movies and Poser Debut seems to be a lot easier to do that with than DazStudios. I haven't really sat down with Debut and played around with it yet, the computer it is on is very taxing on my body, it's my hubby's computer so I don't use that one at all. If I get a chance I will make you a really cool picture of an Poser Debut Orca whale. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Hi StarLite
I just got a new laptop last week and a new hard drive a couple of months ago and I have to agree with you. Installing everything again is a real pain.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 am

You know Hats there was a time when getting a new computer excited me, but when I think of the work I have ahead of me the excitement just isn't there, but then I stop and think about how much faster and better everything is going to be and maybe a days worth of installing is more than worth it. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 am

I still get excited over getting a new computer. And to me the pain in rear area of reinstalling is worth having a faster machine. But I sure get stressed out. I'm always afraid I'll make a mistake. And then there are the things that I can't remember what or where I got them lol!

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm still excited over getting my new laptop - an Acer Aspire 5745G.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Public Relations   Good Public Relations Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Public Relations
Page 1 of 1