Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Art Of Murder: Secret Files

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
AngDMC
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Art Of Murder: Secret Files Empty
PostSubject: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 5:24 am

If this was posted anywhere at AP..I missed it.Love the Art of Murder games so I just loaded the newest Art of Murder: Secret Files. So far I have run into a couple of hidden object puzzles and not very good ones at that.
I was wondering if the rest of the game is like this so I found some forums where they are listed as a Casual game. Why why why would they change a perfectly good adventure game and turn it into a IHOG???? I like some IHOGs as long as there are not too many seek and finds in them. Really don't like them at all. Another Art of Murder is coming out in April. Secrets Of The Lost Kingdom. I have a feeling it will be the same type of game. I will check into it. A new Chronicles of Mystery comes out this month...I hope they have left that series alone. Sad
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:02 am

Ang Art of Murder: Secret Files is a causal IHOG all the way through. I believe the Art of Murder: Secrets of the Lost Kingdom is also a causal game. At some point City Interactive decided to continue the series as causal games. They have said they will not be making another Art of Murder adventure game. There are quite a few fans of the game who are upset about this decision. I am not sure what their plans are with Chronicles of Mystery. I don't know whether the one coming out is adventure or causal. They seem to be very quiet about it. It almost seems at times that the NA game publishers seem determined to make us adventure gamers knash our teeth in frustration.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 am

Ang after doing some checking with City Interactive, I found that the next Art of Murder is indeed a HOG causal. The next two Chronicles of Mystery Secret of the Lost Kingdom and CoM the Legend of the Sacred Treasure are also HOG casuals.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:24 pm

This is very sad news!!! Very sad indeed..... Go talk to them Hat Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 10:50 pm

I will winfrey Smile I was disappointed with their decision. I thought that both series were improving and I enjoyed the game play of both.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Thank you for looking into this Hats. One disappointment after another. Sigh.I was excited when I saw that new ones came out. I should have known something was up because nothing really was said about them being released. Sad Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 pm

You are welcome Ang. I wish the news had been better but their decision seems to be final at this point anyway. I am a little about the decision because after looking at some forums both series seem to have a lot of fans.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:28 pm

I am going to finish this game in between sessions with Gray Matter(Gray Matter..Thats another subject for later). What is tickin me off about this "casual game" some of the hidden objects are so teeny and dark it is just ridiculous. Also when you are to do a puzzle it doesn't really tell you what you need to do. Then when you figure it out it doesn't let you know it is correct...it just sits there. Then you have to do something like hold the mouse down and go all over the screen to see if anything clicks. There has been something stupid on every one of these. Oh and you cannot skip it or get a hint. I had preordered the next one before I knew that it changed. They most likely have the same kind of puzzles... To solve..Take your mouse, click 14 times..stand up..spin..sit back down...take off your shoes..put them back on..move mouse up and down then throw it across the room..wallah..Puzzle solved. No
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 5:50 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Isn't that how all adventure game puzzles are solved?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:08 pm

I am sorry for your frustration Ang. I did have to laugh because that's the same scenario I have gone through with some adventure puzzles. I think there are definitely some adventure puzzles that just aren't solvable unless you pound your mouse on the desk a dozen times and pull half your hair out. ( and then of course you need a smarty pants child to walk by and say 'I think you need to do this or that' . Puzzle solved. Rolling Eyes )

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:42 pm

lol..Even most Adventure puzzles let you get out of them so you can maybe go back later. Not these. You are there for the duration. yes..I have been frustrated with adventure puzzles too. If I get to the point where I have to move on because it isnt fun anymore, then it is time to peek at a walkthrough. There isn't one for this game..I would have looked at it twice so far. Oh well...I can't wait for the next one to arrive. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 pm

That is very frustrating Ang. It sounds like they should definetly stayed with making the adventure games.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

I don't know where you are in the game Ang but here's a video walkthrough. Maybe it will help. AoM Secret Files

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 8:31 pm

It has been known for about a year that the Art of Murder, Chronicles of Mystery and for that matter City Interactive has abandoned the adventure genre in favor of the Casual route. Much like the Agatha Christie series and (IMO) the Sherlock games will too. Very soon it looks like the adventure genre will be eaten up by the Casuals and relegated to Cult status with the only games being produced by the independent developers. Which is OK by me since the their games are proving to be much better than the big developers.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

the Sherlock games will too.... Shocked Shocked

All I can say is "I'm glad I have a few Smile to be played games !!!" What a Face
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:21 am

Yes there is at least one Sherlock Holmes casual game. I am not sure about the one that is development now but I think it is an adventure game.
Thankfully we do have Indies that bring us great adventures.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 8:51 pm

I'm moving along with the trend to IHOGs, maybe on the principle of "If you can't beat them, join them." Or whatever! Anyway, just before I found this thread I ordered Art of Murder Secret Files from Interact (above link) and I thought at the time that I had read somewhere that it was an IHOG, which in my case is what I wanted. Main reason is because the last 2 AoM adventure games were impossible for me to finish. So I'm willing to take a chance on this one, seeing as how I liked the first AoM adventure very much. I'm sort of loyal that way.
As for Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles, I played the Collector's Edition (Big Fish Games) and liked it a lot. So much that I hope they make more of them.
Giving another point of view a chance here.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Mindy...I like a lot of the IHOGs. I don't like the seek and find part of them is all.I was just disappointed that this game was not like the others. I'll get over it. Smile Also...I have spent a lot of time on one of the puzzles(gears) in Art of Murder Secret files and I am really stuck and it seems there are no other moves. Of course there has to be because I wouldn't be stuck. If I am not past it by the time you get there, I sure could use some input. Enjoy the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi AngDMC,
Oops, I think I came on too strong about liking IHOGs, but I feel sort of defensive about Casual games. On thinking things over, I know I would be disappointed if I ordered an IHOG and it turned out to be an RPG. Or if Lost Horizon had turned out to be HOG instead of adventure, I shudder at the mere thought.
I'll be happy to help with a gears puzzle as they are among my favorites, even though they can be frustrating, but I can keep trying long after I would have given up on other types of puzzles. Gears, pipes, gridlock, I like them all.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:47 am

I won't be playing AoM Secret Files after all. When I installed it today I found it didn't install correctly, part of the game is missing from the screen. The left edge is off the screen almost an inch and I had to click blindly to finish the portrait of the guy with the mustache, beard, dark glasses, and cap. I did get it done finally, but decided it was too much work and no fun, so uninstalled the game.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:31 am

That is very odd Mindy. Maybe reinstall ? I finished it.The game is very short and there are 2 puzzles that may take awhile. The seek and finds are timed and the objects are teeny. This game should sell for $4.99. Sad
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:59 pm

mindysue did you do a reinstall ? If that didn't fix the problem did you try changing the screen resolution ? That might take care of the problem.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:06 pm

I know that trying to reinstall a game that fails to install correctly the first time is one thing to try, but I don't have the patience for it. I don't know how to change resolutions or other settings and don't want to fool around trying to learn in case I make a major blunder and end up with my computer not being able to play any game. I guess I have a big hang-up about this because way back in the early days I can still remember when a friend phoned Tom and asked it if was okay to make a certain change and Tom replied, "Only if you no longer want to use the computer!" Computers weren't very user-friendly back then and it was easy to delete part of the DOS. I'm not sure that is still true today, but I'm not taking any chances.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art Of Murder: Secret Files   Art Of Murder: Secret Files Empty

Back to top Go down

Art Of Murder: Secret Files
Page 1 of 1