Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bracken Tor moved to 2012?

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Bracken Tor moved to 2012? Empty
PostSubject: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Looks like Braken Tor has been moved back again. Dave at Interact has changed the release date fro Nov 1 until "Coming Soon 2012" He doesn't change any dates unless he has been told something by his suppliers so I am believing it to be true. What could possibly be wrong with the game? Releasing it at Halloween seems like the best time for the publisher. Unless.....there will be a worldwide download release with a possible disk version to be released in a few months. Well I can hope can't I?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 pm

I did noticed today that Bracken Tor was pushed back again. I don't know what the problem could be. But if a download release is planned that could be causing a delay.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
I did noticed today that Bracken Tor was pushed back again. I don't know what the problem could be. But if a download release is planned that could be causing a delay.

hatshepsut

I would think it would be the other way around . Making a boxed version would take more time to be released , the manufacturing process from factory to store shelves . As for a download version , the game would just be loaded to the download servers . A lot less time involved . Maybe the delay has something to do with release date problems in different languages & countries .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 pm

I would think that the optimum time for a release of a game like this for the publisher would be Halloween... for some year anyway. One of the expected releases was Halloween 2010 last year now are we looking at Halloween 2012. Looks like Bracken Tor might have more release dates than the movie "Halloween" had sequels. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:21 pm

I hope not GreyFuss !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Very funny GreyFuss Laughing

I would think you are right about the download and the boxed version Faust. But so many things can go wrong. Like you said if a World Wide release is planned languages could cause a delay. Or if the CD's aren't delivered on time. Or it could be a scheduling problem with the publisher.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

I thought I had read somewhere quite a while ago that Matt had completed all the updating and a supposedly enormous amount of addition content and that it had been delivered to the publisher. Hope it doesn't have anything to do with Iceberg financial situation.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:41 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
I thought I had read somewhere quite a while ago that Matt had completed all the updating and a supposedly enormous amount of addition content and that it had been delivered to the publisher. Hope it doesn't have anything to do with Iceberg financial situation.

I didn't know that Iceberg was having troubles .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:54 pm

I didn't mean to imply that they were, only that I hope it isn't part of the reason for BT to be delayed. The worlds economy has affected so many.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Yes GreyFuss the first delay was caused by Matt adding an aditional large amount to the content of the game before it was delivered to the publisher. I hope they aren't having financial trouble. Financial trouble was the first thing I thought of after the second delay. Seems like dejavu.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:18 am

Crap...this game looks great....developer has got a lot of talent. Bracken Tor hopefully will not go through what so many other adventure games have the past 24 months.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:47 am

I agree with you lakerz, Bracken Tor looks great and Matt has a lot of talent. Like you I really hope this game doesn't go through what so many others have these last two years. I hope it will be an early 2012 release.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 1:58 pm

A member on another forum stated they just called Iceberg and here is what they said. Don't know if this is true or not but here is the info anyway...

Quote :
I decided to phone Iceberg in an attempt to get more information. (They're based in the Netherlands and I'm Dutch.) They assured me that they're eager to release the game, that it's Matt Clark who is responsible for the delays. He keeps telling them Bracken Tor is almost finished.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Many games, such as Deponia, Testament of Sherlock Holmes, Haunted, Captain Morgane etc. have been pushed back for 2012. I am not surprised that the same thing appears to hapen with Bracken Tor too. Let's hope that Asylum and Last Crown will be an exception to this phainomenon.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 11:08 pm

I preordered BT on ebay back several weeks ago on ebay, and today I got a message from the seller that the game's release has been pushed back, was asked if I wanted to continue with the order or get a refund - I told seller I wanted a refund.

Next time I'll stay away from preorders - I'll order game after it's released. Preorders involve too much waiting time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bracken Tor moved to 2012?   Bracken Tor moved to 2012? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bracken Tor moved to 2012?
Page 1 of 1