Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with Alter Ego

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Help with Alter Ego Empty
PostSubject: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:30 am

Tim is at the pub, talked to everyone there, can't find Brian. I have no idea what to try next. I tried going back to the laundry, but Tim says something about giving the girl more time and won't go there. No other places on the map so I'm stuck at the pub. Only Brian's letter and medallion in inventory and I can't seem to do anything with them. (Gee, I was doing better when Tim was in handcuffs.) Anybody care to give me a hint? I want to see if I can play this easy (?) game without a walkthrough. I do like the game so far, which means I try harder and prefer hints.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:34 am

I used a walkthrough when I played Alter Ego . What you're describing seems familiar , I just can't remember what I did in that part .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:06 am

mindysue you need to talk to Inez again to find where Brian is.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:07 am

Thanks Hats , I remember now that's what it was !
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm not sure who Inez is, but if she is the waitress (would be my best guess) Tim can't talk to her until he has some money. I've tried giving her the medallion, but the game doesn't support that move. There is a small bowl by the blind man and I assume it has money in it, but Tim won't steal it, even when I try to place the medallion in the bowl as security for the "loan" and he can't steal the knife. When I click on *play* Tim says, "No money, no funny" so that's out. So I'm thinking I need to get some money somehow, but how is where I'm stuck since the medallion doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 pm

mindysue did you check the coat on the chair twice and talk to the bartender ? When he checks ingriedients for the drink click on coat. You will get what you need for the blindmans money.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Okay, that worked. I had checked the coat and talked to the bartender several times but not in that order so nothing happened for me. Got to the cemetery and there is gas escaping from a lamp, crack in pavement, and a dog at the gate. I'm sure I need the meat for the dog, but I can't get the cleaver in the cellar, nothing in my inventory works. I really like Tim, when I tried to put the money back in the small bowl after talking to Inez, he said the blind man was lucky that he was such a philanthropist as he left him the bowl. So no, he didn't give him back the money, but then he really is a thief and I better get used to it. Laughing
Anything else, besides getting the cleaver, I need to know at this time?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:05 am

mindysue there are a couple of things you need to do before you can take care of the dog. If you haven't already you need to fix the bell, talk to the caretaker and play a card game. After the card game you should have somthing to use on the crack. You might want to make that gas leak bigger. Combine the meat with another item and use it where the dog can get it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks, hatshepsut, but while I was waiting for a hint, I just couldn't stay away from the game so I went back and I fooled around with the inventory and accidentally fixed the bell, to my surprise! Went to the cemetery, rang the fixed bell, and moved on from there. Tim played dice and lost everything, complained to the innkeeper and then watched when he threw the guy out of the pub, the noises were something else again since one doesn't get to see the mayhem. So Tim got the knife and the meat and rope and got into the cemetery, met Brian, and they both left for a safe place. Now I'm playing Briscol and he is looking for his folder, which the girl picked his pocket and took, at least I think so. Right now I'm taking a break from the game until tomorrow, but I'm liking Briscol too, so I am still finding the game a lot of fun. Thanks much for your help...it gives me the courage to keep playing!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 am

You are very welcome. Enjoy the game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Hmm, me and Briscol are already having problems right at the beginning. He lost his papers. The girl took them, I'm pretty sure, since they weren't outside when I went out to look. Also can't go anywhere else so I'm stuck. Tried 3 doors but he won't go there, and won't go to the archives, needs a key anyway. Nothing in inventory. Totally, thoroughly out of ideas.

I finally remembered to right click to learn more and was able to move on since I got the lost papers from the girl. Now I'm investigating the first case at the church. No problems...yet!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Need help to find the vault. There's a chessboard that won't move and crossbows on the wall that can't be taken down and I think they are connected somehow to finding the vault. In inventory there is a page torn from a book on crossbows.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:06 pm

While waiting for help, I seem to relax and not feel pressured by not making any progress, so when I go back to play the game, I have a different mindset, or viewpoint, or whatever. Anyway, feeling relaxed and hopeful, I play around and accidentally click on something that I missed earlier and the game opens up and I'm going forward. To my complete surprise! So no help needed right now, but that's not saying how long this will last.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:16 pm

mindysue did you show the page about crossbows to Brian ? After he sees it click the page on book shelf A-D. You might want to move the ladder and try clicking on the shelf where it was sitting. Check the book you got and you will have what you need to find the vault.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm

I clicked on the ladder several times and nothing happened, but then somehow I accidentally clicked on the ladder when checking the books and suddenly the vault opened up. I think maybe that came about after I found the combination for the dial to open the vault, which triggered the moving of the ladder. Either that or I simply hit the right hotspot to move the ladder after missing it the other times.
In any case Tim and Brian have been arrested, but Tim and Briscol haven't met yet. Briscol is poking around at Lewis Manor some more after the dog led him to the canal.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 5:53 pm

Progress has been made and I'm finally at the jail cell questioning the printer. There is another prisoner there (Tim?) but Briscol won't talk to him, at least not yet. I think I need to find some water to use with the cement to make casts of the 2 footprints, but can't find any. There's a well and even what looks like a bucket of water next to it but that doesn't work. I have the 2 cloth pieces and talked to the tailor about them. Called the extension and learned the doctor is missing. I'm pretty sure I need to make those casts!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:04 pm

mindysue look in your inventory you should have a wooden box, use it on the water and then combine with the plaster.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 8:06 pm

I still can't find the water to make the cement. The only water that has a hotspot is the drinking fountain near the tailor shop, but I can't get it to work when I click the empty case on it. Oops, I just had a scary thought...did it work and the case is now filled with water, but I can't see it? Going back to check that out, but if there is water somewhere else with a hotspot I don't know where. The water bucket in the shed area doesn't work, but it has no hotspot so it probably isn't important.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:02 am

I have tried again and again to find water for the plaster/cement, but am getting nowhere. I don't have a wooden box in inventory, but I do have an empty case and I'm thinking that is the same thing so I'm using it. If it isn't then I need to find the box and I have no idea where it would be. I still haven't opened the crate in the office and Bristol still won't talk to the extra prisoner in the cell. So, I am totally stumped at this time!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:57 am

mindysue is is the box you are trying to use the box you found in the vault ? Did you check the box and get the things out of it ? If so then are you using the box on the water in the canal ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Yes, the empty case is the box that had the magnifying glass, tweezers, brush in it. Where is the canal? The only place I can find is in front of the cemetery where the guard is standing and the dog is standing by the post where the ladder is to go down to the canal. But there is no hotspot there and nothing I've tried works. Does Driscol need Tim for this, maybe?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 5:44 pm

mindysue try useing the box on the running water in the canal next to where Stewards body was found.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

I can't get down there from the ladder at the gate to the cemetery and I haven't found any place else to go. I seem to remember when Tim climbed up on the bench and went over the wall that he came out by the canal, but I can't go to that bench scene any more. Or if I can, I don't see the hotspot for it and I have looked and looked. Should I go back to an earlier save? Is there anything in inventory, besides the box, that I should be combining, or trying somewhere? Driscol has checked the 2 pieces of cloth, and the tailor told him they are very slightly different. Each one came from a different scarf.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi hatshepsut,
I got the bright idea to check out Briscol's notes, and discovered that he hasn't found Steward's body yet. So now what do I do? He has phoned the 211 extension and there's a big question mark on his picture in the notes.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:35 am

mindysue if you haven't found Steward there are several things you need to do. Did you go to the manor and talk to the maid, check diamond on painting, read notes, take wooden peg ? Talk to the maid again, take gloves and diary from drawer, take dog and follow him. Talk to Sgt Carter about searching the canal. Go to church find another imprint and talk to Father Mulkehey. Go back to police station. In archives use peg, take suitcase, open and check notes on mad William, check suitcase again. Call dr Steward and talk to his wife. Talk to policeman on duty about report on Steward. check matrial under microscope. Talk to tailor. Go back to cemetery talk to Father Mulkehey again and show him fingernails. sgt Carter should now arrive to say Steward has been found.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Alter Ego   Help with Alter Ego Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Alter Ego
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next