Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the new click & point adventure: Deponia

Go down 
+3
hatshepsut
zobraks
Dely
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dely
Wanderer's Apprentice

the new click & point adventure: Deponia Empty
PostSubject: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Hello all,
I`m Jenny Berndt PR/Marketing Assistant from Daedalic Entertainment. Gelert asked us, to introduce our new PC adventure Deponia to you. Deponia is a classical, hand-drawn 2D point & click adventure, like the Whispered World.

The story:
Rufus is not a pleasant guy. Ill-tempered and entirely too convinced of his own greatness, he lives at the edge of a small settlement somewhere in the most remote sector of the garbage-covered planet Deponia. He dreams of a better life in the floating cities of wealth and beauty high above the planet surface. When the angelic Goal falls from these privileged spheres down into a neighboring trash heap, Rufus sees his chance. He decides to bring the unconscious beauty back to her home. Only a vague hope of making it off Deponia at first, he soon formulates an unscrupulous plan, as he learns that he is a dead ringer for Goal’s upper-class husband. The planned handover soon dissolves into a wild chase full of twists, turns and mystifying mix-ups…

Deponia is a fast-paced comedy of errors and one of the most unusual love stories in gaming history. The twist-filled story takes its off-beat characters all over trash planet Deponia, a unique game world in the style of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and Matt Groening. The new adventure game from the makers of The Whispered World, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and A New Beginning is brought to life with detailed HD graphics, hand-painted backgrounds and top-quality cartoon animation.

Some of the features:
• Unique game world in the tradition of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and Matt Groening: Travel to the furthest reaches of the strange garbage planet Deponia and meet its off-beat inhabitants

• Surprising story: Experience a fast-paced comedy of errors and one of the most unusual love stories in gaming history

• Detailed hand-painted graphics in cinematic widescreen vision, top-quality cartoon animation

• Context-sensitive „point & click“ interface

• From the acclaimed team behind Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and The Whispered World

Here you can see the english Teaser: Teaser trailer

. . . . And the longer german Trailer: Longer German language trailer

I`ll post the english trailer as soon as it is released. Smile

Please visit us at Deponia.de or Daedalic.de
You can also visit us @facebook: facebook.com\daedalic
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the info, Dely!
cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi Dely thanks for stopping by and telling us about Deponia. Will Deponia be releasing soon ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Dely
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 am

hy, deponia was released on 27. january Smile you can still buy it.
(sry bu i cant post links in this forum...)
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi Dely congratulations on the release of Deponia. Will there be an English/UK/US release from Lace Mamba this year ?

Website for Deponia

Be sure to watch the trailer and look at the screenshots. The game looks like a very enjoyable adventure. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Dely. I've inserted the trailer links as requested. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Since a while you can only see links on this forum when you are logged in. Is that intentional?
I only log in when I post something, not when I'm just looking...
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 pm

It appears to be the default setting for the forum. Nothing that I've done.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Yet I'm sure it wasn't like that a year or so ago.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Thanks for the longer trailer. The characters look very engaging. I'm looking forward to playing this game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Dely
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Hy,
Deponia will be released in english this year. I`ll tell you, if i know more about the date.

Jenny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Jenny

I am glad to know that Deponia will be released sometime this year in English. Yes please let us know about the English release date. I really enjoyed watching the trailer Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:01 pm

After reading the above description of this game, I decided I wasn't interested in it, but since then I have changed my mind. The reason being that earlier today I read an interesting preview of the game at another forum (Adventure Gamers, I think) and there were some great screenshots there, too. It reminds me so much of The Whispered World and I enjoyed that game a lot, so now this has been added to my list of games I want to play. (Although Rufus doesn't sound as nice as Sadwick, I still like him.)
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Deponia is scheduled for Q2 2012 according to the latest Lace Mamba Global official statement. Some patience more and it will be there.Do you know that two sequels are aready planned?The first one will be released October-Novwmber I think, the second one in 2013.One of them is called "chaos in deponia".
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:03 pm

It's good to know that it is scheduled to release. It won't be to much longer then. Two more games are planned ? That is good news. Is anything known other than that they are planned ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:11 pm

One of them is already under development.It will be released Q4 of this year.The 3rd one will be released in 2013. Google for Chaos in Deponia.I would do that but I am posting via my mobile phone right now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the new click & point adventure: Deponia   the new click & point adventure: Deponia Empty

Back to top Go down

the new click & point adventure: Deponia
Page 1 of 1