Deponia is a classical, hand-drawn 2D point & click adventure, like the Whispered World.
Rufus is not a pleasant guy. Ill-tempered and entirely too convinced of his own greatness, he lives at the edge of a small settlement somewhere in the most remote sector of the garbage-covered planet Deponia. He dreams of a better life in the floating cities of wealth and beauty high above the planet surface. When the angelic Goal falls from these privileged spheres down into a neighboring trash heap, Rufus sees his chance. He decides to bring the unconscious beauty back to her home. Only a vague hope of making it off Deponia at first, he soon formulates an unscrupulous plan, as he learns that he is a dead ringer for Goal’s upper-class husband. The planned handover soon dissolves into a wild chase full of twists, turns and mystifying mix-ups…
Deponia is a fast-paced comedy of errors and one of the most unusual love stories in gaming history. The twist-filled story takes its off-beat characters all over trash planet Deponia, a unique game world in the style of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and Matt Groening. The new adventure game from the makers of The Whispered World, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and A New Beginning is brought to life with detailed HD graphics, hand-painted backgrounds and top-quality cartoon animation.
Some of the features:
• Unique game world in the tradition of Douglas Adams, Terry Pratchett and Matt Groening: Travel to the furthest reaches of the strange garbage planet Deponia and meet its off-beat inhabitants
• Surprising story: Experience a fast-paced comedy of errors and one of the most unusual love stories in gaming history
• Detailed hand-painted graphics in cinematic widescreen vision, top-quality cartoon animation
• Context-sensitive „point & click“ interface
• From the acclaimed team behind Edna & Harvey: The Breakout and The Whispered World
She Who Would Be King