Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!

Go down 
+4
StarLite Moon
AdventFan
hatshepsut
tsampikos
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! Empty
PostSubject: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:50 pm

It looks like that the Kickstarter is the new way of Adventure game funding!

Now is the turn of Larry Laffer to ask for our support.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1451923705/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again

It's about HD Versions of the Leisure Suit Larry games. The whole Project is supported by Al Lowe.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks for letting us know tsampikos.

Kickstarter does seem to be the new wave of getting that hard to find funding. Seems to be fairly sucessful too. Some of the games have raised a lot of money Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

What I don't like about that is that I would have to pay huge money for a retail version.Not right in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Kickstarter update #6: new rewards (T-shirts included) and the official forums: http://forums.replaygamesinc.com/
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm with you tsampikos, I don't like it either, but it's something we're probably going to have to get used to. Some major corporations have adopted this practice. My husband is a fan of the Toronto Blue Jays and they have recently implemented this practice, they have basically told the fans you must show in large numbers before we spend any major money on the team. It's a new version of negative billing.

What ever happened to the sequel to The Fool's Errand, The Fool And His Money. People paid 10 years ago to get their name in the game, where is the game. It was always going to be released on this date then that date, apparently it's scheduled to be released this September. We'll see. I'd be demanding my money back if I were those people.

I'm not paying for anything up front, what if the game is full of bugs and flaws. Look at the trouble some of the members of Big Fish are having with some games, they're not even finishing games because of bugs and Big Fish is not offering any solutions. A lot of people are talking about pulling their memberships. Sorry but I'm on the other side of the fence on this deal flower
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 pm

I fully agree with you Starlite.You said everyyhing.As long as there are collectors out there,in other words the majority,there will be also retail versions.
Back to top Go down
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I'm surprised he finally came back. I don't know if the original story has aged well enough for the purchasing power to be there to support a new LSL.

Best to Al though. If I had money I would be supporting it. Good find, OP.
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:16 am

Update #10: some awesome new goodies! Very Happy Update #10: some awesome new goodies! Very Happy

They added a new $150 tier for that much you get

1) physical game and game box
2) CD of the soundtrack
3) Lefty's breath spray,
4) Lefty's sexy lady "reveal" pen.
5) Lefty's shot glass
6) 4 Lefty's coasters,
7) softcover version of the Art of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded
Cool Leisure Suit Larry Brand Condom
9) Lefty’s Bar t-shirt

and they revealed what the t-shirt will look like... I think its a lot cooler then the Doublefine shirt...
[url]https://i.imgur.com/cYvXg.png
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:17 am

150 USD is too much for these things.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I suppose if you don't need money to feed yourself, clothe yourself ....... and exist ...... then that's cheap as chips (as we say here) ! Very Happy

Sorry ....... I tend to say it as it is. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Gelert wrote:
then that's cheap as chips (as we say here) ! Very Happy

Sorry ....... I tend to say it as it is. Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 am

AdventFan wrote:
Update #10: some awesome new goodies! Very Happy Update #10: some awesome new goodies! Very Happy
1) physical game and game box
2) CD of the soundtrack
3) Lefty's breath spray,
4) Lefty's sexy lady "reveal" pen.
5) Lefty's shot glass
6) 4 Lefty's coasters,
7) softcover version of the Art of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded
Cool Leisure Suit Larry Brand Condom
9) Lefty’s Bar t-shirt

Those are all neat stuff, but I don't know if I'd use any of them. How much of a schmuck do you think you'd look like roaming around town with a Larry condom in your pocket?

"Yeah Baby just hold on a sec..."
"Is that a videogame condom?"
"Yeah..."
*she leaves*

Last edited by thedude on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:01 am

thedude wrote:

Those are all neat stuff, but I don't know if I'd use any of them. How much of a smuck do you think you'd look like roaming around town with a Larry condom in your pocket?

"Yeah Baby just hold on a sec..."
"Is that a videogame condom?"
"Yeah..."
*she leaves*

lol! So true!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Quite frankly I don't see any reason for anyone to give to a Kickstarter campaign for a developer to just remake a game that was already made. If they had a new idea and story for an original release I could see but obviously I am in the minority. Either way any Larry games are not my cup of tea. In fact the only Kickstarter campaigns I am watching and will be watching are Delaware St John and the up coming Tex Murphy. Sadly if looks the Delaware will fall way short.

There was an interesting link to an article from another Forum about Kickstarter money. Check it out HERE

Subtract 9 to 10% for Amazon & Kickstarters cut, subtract Taxes on the income, subtract the shipping cost of the freebies and the cost of the freebies themselves how much does that leave to make a game?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Interesting article thanks GreyFuss

Sadly it does appear that Delaware St John is going to fall short

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 am

If the kickstarter pages already answer this, then I apologize in advance for being lazy in not checking there first...

What happens to the donations if the fund goal is not met by the due date? Do donations get returned or does the developer just get sent the proceeds (minus the kickstarter cut) and life moves on?

I plan on joining the donor list on the Delaware St. John kickstarter, but it is dismaying to see the goal only 1.5% of being reached with just a month to go.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:23 am

lakerz it is my understanding that if the goal isn't met that your money is returned.

It really is dismaying to see the small amount pledged for Delaware.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:09 am

Thank you for being patient with my laziness hatshepsut. It makes sense that the money is held in escrow until the goal is met at the deadline (or not). I just now backed the Delaware St. John game. I guess the money gets processed through my Amazon account? Strange, I'll have to check my credit card statement to see how exactly it shows up. In any case, good luck to Bryan Wiegele and the other adventure game developers that try to get funded this way.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 am

You are welcome lakerz Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 pm

You should not be charged anything until after the campaign is over and only if it was successful and the goal was reached. Could you imagine how much would be involved in returning funds to, say, 10,000 contributors? And then their are the fees that have to be paid for each transaction the Credit Card companies company's charge and the Amazon cut for being the processor of the money, who would pay that? Donors, Kickstarter, the developer? Kickstarter sure wouldn't stay in business very long and Donors and Developers sure wouldn't stay involved if they had to pay something and get nothing in return for an unsuccessful campaign.

From Kickstarter...
Quote :
If I make a pledge, when is my card charged?
If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged. That's why we call them pledges.

Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 7:26 am

They've successfully reached the 500000 level some days ago. And a new update:

"So, here's the easier one: at the $550,000 level, we will be maxing out the game responses along the lines I suggested in my video update. Tons more jokes, tons more responses for clicking on screen features, dialogue trees, inventory-on-inventory messages, and more story! We’ll load every existing nook and cranny with extra content because, as Al pointed out to us, the original was “kinda thin” on that.

Now, here's the big one: at the $650,000 level, we're doing something that will change the face of Larry forever (if only!): we're adding a new location, new puzzles, and a new girl with her own storyline! Is this the infamous female character that Al was forced to cut from the original 1987 version of Leisure Suit Larry 1? Or am I just making that up entirely to add a sense of mystery? Your guess is as good as mine!"

Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!   Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter! Empty

Back to top Go down

Leisure Suit Larry Kickstarter!
Page 1 of 1