Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden Object Crosswords mini review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Hidden Object Crosswords mini review Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Object Crosswords mini review   Hidden Object Crosswords mini review EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 am

I'm back yet again to play a moldy oldy HOG so that you don't have to!

This week it is Hidden Object Crosswords, and I can sum up the review in four words. Do...not...buy...it. I thought the premise was interesting, combining crossword puzzles and searching for hidden objects. Sadly, the crossword clues are very weird and don't make any sense to me on average. Most of the clues are various phrases and sayings, but I've never heard of most of them. Who knows, maybe they were popular phrases to use 70 years ago?  lol!  The phrases I do recognize made for a really easy object to find. So the puzzles were either very obtuse or very easy, not much middle ground.

The HOG screens themselves were static with decent artwork for a game that released several years ago. Nothing to write home about though. Plus you get the same screens repeating again and again with the different crossword puzzles that actually use the same clues as well. In the end, this game gets a thumbs down.

Next on my list is Snark Busters - Welcome To The Club...
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Crosswords mini review   Hidden Object Crosswords mini review EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 5:47 pm

I like the silly humor of the Snark Busters games. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Crosswords mini review   Hidden Object Crosswords mini review EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:45 pm

I played Snark Busters: Welcome To The Club way back in Oct. 2010. I wasn't too happy with it due to a mini-game with musical gongs which I couldn't play since I'm tone deaf and there wasn't a skip button back then. Or if there was, I certainly didn't see it. Anyway, I know I was not happy because I have "Argh!" in my notes about the game.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Crosswords mini review   Hidden Object Crosswords mini review EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 10:56 pm

He he ... well I have not started Snark Busters yet. Got sidetracked with other stuff. I'm sure I'll get to it in the next week or two though. It's amazing to me how many games still include music puzzles with no way to skip them. Guess they don't read about how many people have big issues with sound. My ears work pretty well, yet I even have trouble some times with any sound puzzles that only contain subtle differences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Object Crosswords mini review   Hidden Object Crosswords mini review Empty

Back to top Go down

Hidden Object Crosswords mini review
Page 1 of 1