Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail

Go down 
+2
ellen941
Gelert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail Empty
PostSubject: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 am

By danyboy_ on Thu Apr 30, 2009 at 11:14PM

Hi guys,

I don't see anything over here about the Syberia 3 announcement, since the two Syberia games are my favourite games of all time, I will make a little bit of propaganda. Microids already posted on there website a big thank you to all of those who participated, here's a link to it:

http://www.microids.com/en/

And here's the press release:

A letter to players and professionals of the video game industry

RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT

Paris, April 17, 2009 - Following the countless messages and questions from fans which followed our announcement on April 1st regarding the launch of Syberia 3, Emmanuel Olivier, President of Microïds, gives more details on that announcement.

“Syberia 3 is not an April Fool's joke. The game is highly expected by the community of fans of adventure games and fans of Kate Walker and it will be launched, it is one of our most strategic projects at Microïds and we have been anticipating it for a long time.

It will be released on PC for sure, however, on PS3, this could actually turn into an April Fool’s joke because SONY is the only decision-maker on this point, as strange as it may seem to some people.

Benoît Sokal, the author of Syberia and Syberia 2, has mentioned several times in the press that he would only participate in a sequel to his masterpiece if he had enough financial means to design and develop an exceptional title. Today Microïds is ready to invest in this ambitious production. But everyone knows that to amortize the development costs of a major video game with that level of quality, it is essential to develop it for multiple platforms, PC and consoles.

However Sony Computer Entertainment has already censured Microïds in 2003 by denying that Syberia was released on PS2 in the United States though it had previously been released in Europe on that console. The same refusal happened for a dozen other Microïds titles for the U.S.

Beyond this censorship of the authors and their producers who believe in their creations and who take the financial risks when building up productions for the console without knowing whether they will be approved or denied by SONY in the last minute, the exorbitant royalties demanded by SONY to manufacture the games on its consoles seriously hamper the financing ability of independent producers. Microïds has paid more than 15 million Euros of royalties to SONY for its entire catalog, which represents 55% of the Microïds turnover for this platform. April Fools? Well no! It is unfortunately the “rule of the game” imposed by SONY.

The revenue shortfalls due to the PS2 games we were not able to sell in the United States, a highly significant territory, coupled with the excessive royalties paid to SONY for the European territories, have so far prevented Microïds from having the ability to reinvest in an ambitious sequel to the Syberia series.

So today we launch an SOS to all fans of the Syberia series: let us rally to support the independent creation and convince Sony to change its rules. Send all your messages of support to: supporToSyberia3PS3@microids.com

SYBERIA 3 on PS3, an April Fool’s? It’s up to SONY!”

Emmanuel Olivier
President
Microïds

CU

danyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 am

Thanks for the heads up Danyboy. It's very tempting to imagine how the story would progress from the conclusion to Syberia 2. Also, a year, or two, ago if you'd asked me which was more likely to materialize .... a sequel to Syberia 2 or the next Dreamfall installment, I know what I'd have said. Hmmm! 8-)
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 am

By danyboy_ on Sun May 3, 2009 at 3:36AM

I didn't liked Dreamfall at all, never finished it because I don't like action/adventure games, I got no skills for those. I never understood why they decided to make the sequel like this because the action parts in the game are so easy for people playing those kind of games. Two of my three sons tried it and never finished it either, the actions sequences were too easy for them and the adventure part was very boring for them. So, as for a sequel of Dreamfall not for me, hope Syberia 3 will come true.

CU

danyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:04 am

Hi danyboy,
I don't say a lie when I say I completely agree that Dreamfall was, to me, quite boring compared to The Longest Journey. I know TLJ had many, many conversations, but that is not boring for me. I enjoyed that game enormously. Dreamfall seemed somehow 'hollow' for me, and the action sequences were pointless additions. April Ryan had a far more warm and likable personality in TLJ and I didn't feel as though I got 'into the game' in Dreamfall as much as TLJ. I'm not actually looking forward to Dreamfall at all, because I don't like the direction in which the series is going in terms of gameplay. TLJ was quaint and fairy book like, but Dreamfall was flashy and simplistic to me and my kids. TLJ is one of my top five games easily. I have my own recorded rating system for my played Adventures (joint decisions between myself and my children), and we have given Dreamfall 80%, but TLJ has got 98%. I don't mind easy action advantures, dany, but Dreamfall was a very poor action adventure attempt, if that was what it was meant to be. Action fans would laugh at it, and, ultimately, ignore it. They should stick to pleasing Adventure fans. A stupid move to introduce action elements. It will only drive more people away, and NOT attract real, pure Adventure players.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:05 am

By danyboy_ on Wed May 6, 2009 at 3:42AM

I do agree with you, Dreamfall was a terrible sequel, I only wished that they would had keep the adventure concept and with the graphic available today that would had been a masterpiece. TLJ is also in my top 5. Like I said in my previous post my kids didn't liked the Dreamfall game (they all are action gamers) and for them the action sequence were so easy that they could had done them with there eyes closed and now there's a rumor that there will be a third installement and it will be like Dreamfall and it will be available by download chapters. Very sad that TLJ had to become what it became.

CU

danyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: syberia 3   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:56 pm

RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail 214561 I noticed tha most of the posts in this forum were written in 2009. Is there an update on Syberia 3? I would love to get this game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:19 am

ellen941 Microids who was the publisher involved with the Syberia 3 project went out of business. Since then Benoit Sokal the developer of Syberia has repeatedly said he has no interest in making another Syberia game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
ellen941
Wanderer's Apprentice
ellen941

PostSubject: Syeria 3   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Are there any more up dates on this game? I'm not refering to the BFG's 3 part, but the actual Syberia 3.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:12 am

ellen941 wrote:
Are there any more up dates on this game? I'm not refering to the BFG's 3 part, but the actual Syberia 3.

Official announcement has been made "Syberia 3" is scheduled for release in 2014-2015

Here is the first picture/artwork
RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail WIP_kate_001_zps6818d0d0
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 am

I like the picture of Michael Jackson (?!?) riding a hairy ostrich (!?), but what about Syberia 3?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm

zobraks wrote:
I like the picture of Michael Jackson (?!?) riding a hairy ostrich (!?), but what about Syberia 3?
lol! My first impression was a bad Elvis impersonator. lol!
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Gelert wrote:
However Sony Computer Entertainment has already censured Microïds in 2003 by denying that Syberia was released on PS2 in the United States though it had previously been released in Europe on that console. The same refusal happened for a dozen other Microïds titles for the U.S.
Apparently Sony is also to blame for European adventure gamers getting Amerzone, Versailles, and several other adventure games on Playstation that never showed up on Playstation in the US. One more reason to hate Sony the rootkit company.

Quote :
So today we launch an SOS to all fans of the Syberia series: let us rally to support the independent creation and convince Sony to change its rules. Send all your messages of support to: supporToSyberia3PS3@microids.com

SYBERIA 3 on PS3, an April Fool’s? It’s up to SONY!”

Emmanuel Olivier
President
Microïds
I think the April Fool is Microids if they keep trying to do business with Sony. Syberia and Still Life both came out on the XBox in the US. Why does Microids want to do business with Sony? Isn't XBox360 a capable platform too? There are many more adventure games for XBox360 than for PS3 (unless you like "hybrids"). After being scrood over so many times by Sony in the past, Microids keep going back for more. I don't understand it. Syberia 3 does not need Sony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail   RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail Empty

Back to top Go down

RETURNS ON THE SYBERIA 3 ANNOUNCEMENT please send an e-mail
Page 1 of 1