Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which gaming platforms do you own/use?

Go down 
+5
Jen
Raj
Lady Kestrel
hatshepsut
Gelert
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Which gaming platforms do you own/use? Empty
PostSubject: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 1:45 am

Which gaming platforms do you own for playing your games?

Here's my lot;
AMD Athlon PC, running Win XP, at 1.92 GHz and 1.75 GB RAM (not powefrul enough for many modern games - One day! Sigh! Which gaming platforms do you own/use? 539266 )

AMD Athlon PC, running Windows 98SE, at 702 MHz and (I think), 1GB RAM. (This system plays just about every game I care for - my baby! Which gaming platforms do you own/use? 104134 I also run this in pure DOS mode for some tricky games. Although, it's been a while since I messed around with Config.sys and Autoexec.bat files, I know it's there if, and when, I need it.

Dell GX Pro system I bought for pennies a few years ago (on the recommendation of a couple of good pals at FFC - you know who you are. Wink ), for running those darned difficult to get to run games, like Flight of the Amazon Queen, Synnergist and Alien Incident. It runs Windows 95 and I run it in DOS mode as well. I know that many games can be played without bother using DOSbox, ScummVM, etc., nowadays, but I usually like to get the originals working the way they were meant to. Sad .... I know! geek

Playstation 1 - for a few Playstation-only Adventures.
Playstation 2 - Not mine, and I've only ever used it once myself.
Nintendo DS - Not mine, and I don't use it. Would love to play some DS Adventures, like Hotel Dusk: Room 215, but just can't get accustomed to the tiny screen I'm afraid.

If there's one I'd like to get someday, and that I'm missing, it's a cheap Mac that's suitable for the few Mac-only games I have, such as Nightfall and Cosmology of Kyoto (although I have the PC version of that too now). The Castle is one game I'd like to get and play one day. I'm not sure if it's possible to have one Mac that'll be suitable for all Mac Adventures. Anyone know? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:20 am

I have a Quantex PC running win 98 SE it also has DOS mode. I play all my older games on her

I have an Asus running win XP Pro that I play newer games on

I have a Dell Vostro 220 running win XP. She does all the work for me and plays the more demanding games.

I have a little IMac that plays the Mac only games

I have an Acer notebook that I play the free games on.

I have a Playstation 1
Playstation 2
Playstation 3 that I play the adventure games that were Playstation only and Action Adventures on

I have a Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64 that I play some old games on

I have a Sega Saturn for a couple of games that were Sega only

I'm thinking about getting a newer little IMac that I came across the other just to play with.

Gelert I don't know if newer Mac games would play on an older Mac or if older Mac games would play on a newer Mac. Lady Kestrel probably knows the answer. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 am

When I get one I think I just want a cheapy one that'll play games from around 10 years, or so, ago, like Mightfall, The Castle, etc..
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:35 am

Gelert an older little IMac should work for those games. You can probably find one for not to much. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:42 am

Okay. Thanks for the tip. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 3:11 am

I have a new dual Pentium core iMac with OS 10.5, a G4 iMac and a 14" iBook, both which run OS 9.2 (Classic) & 10.3.9, and a little 12" iBook with OS 9.1 only.
Back to top Go down
Raj
Wanderer's Apprentice
Raj

PostSubject: Let's see...   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I have a W98 Desktop that I would dare to say I love more than Gelert does his!

I have an older Dell laptop (Named, "Adell") with a 3.5 floppy drive on it which makes it possible to play old games in DOSBox.

And my main machine, from which these words come to you, is a 2008 Dell Laptop that seems to meet my needs pretty well.

I also have a wonderful desktop 486 given to me by non other than FFC's beloved Jen, specifically to play my 5.25 version of Tex Murphy: Mean Streets. The great thing is she had some other games installed already and I can play them too. It also has Win 3.1 on it but I haven't found a good (read: "gaming") use for it.

I have a Playstation 2 and I love the fact that it plays Playstation 1 games too.

But my big question for y'all is... Will a Playstation 3 play Playstation 1 and 2 games?

Thanks! afro
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi Raj

No the Playstation 3 won't play the Playstation 1 and 2 games No but it will play blue ray movies.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 7:32 pm

I have a new PC with Windows 7, an older Alienware gaming laptop with XP, a DS, a PS2, a PS1, an Xbox, a Wii, a Gamecube, a Nintendo 64, an original NES, a Game Boy, a Game Boy Color, a DS Lite, a Sega Gamegear handheld, and ... a Dreamcast. I think that's it. All I ever play on, though, are my two PCs and my DS Lite. And sometimes Wii.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 12:31 am

Desktop HP Media Center XP
Desktop Dell ME
Laptop Dell XPS
Laptop HP xp
Laptop HP 2000
Desktop Dell Opti 98
Laptop Win 95
Super Nintendo
cheers
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
rainbowgirl15
Opportunist Explorer
rainbowgirl15

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am

I have an
XP with a dvd/cd burner & dvd drive
a windows 98 with cd & 3.5 floppy drives
a windows 98 with a 5.25 & 3.5 floppy drives
2 other consoles - I forget what they are called -
one plays snes & nes games and the other ones plays nes, snes & sega genesis and something else which is called the g factor
Also have a super game boy that goes into one of the systems and plays gameboy games, a N64, a playstation and a Gamecube. Oh yes and also a Sega Dreamcast & Sega Saturn

Last edited by rainbowgirl15 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling typo)
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm

I've got my PC that I built in June 2009. It has Windows 7 64-bit on it and I've yet to run into a game that I own that I can't get working on it. I play a lot of different genres but mostly RPG and adventure games.

I also have a PS2 for platforming games, mostly.

I have a Nintendo Wii that I play quite a bit, actually. I have a bunch of different genres of games and Zack & Wiki of course. It also plays my older Gamecube games and you can download even older stuff over the Virtual Console.

Finally, I have a Nintendo DS Lite that I like a whole lot.

There's also an Xbox 360 in our house but I never use it for games. The only thing I use it for is Netflix.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:57 am

I have my PC with XP, not sure of the specs

I also have a Playstation 1, 2, & 3

and get this an OLD Magnavox Odyssey
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? EmptyMon May 10, 2010 3:34 am

Here's the gaming PC's I have:

- Asus Eee PC Netbook, 160 GB hard drive, 1 GB RAM, not sure processor GHz, but it's an Atom - this I use to run all my old AG's on in DOSbox, Win 3.11, W98SE;

- Dell Dimension 8200, 80 GB HD + 120 GB HD, 512 MB RAM, 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 processor, NVida video card, Win XP - I use this to play my Thief games, driving games, and flight sim games;

- on the way - a new PC, custom built.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which gaming platforms do you own/use?   Which gaming platforms do you own/use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which gaming platforms do you own/use?
Page 1 of 1