Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!

Go down 
+5
lakerz
AlienBZ
Camaro
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! Empty
PostSubject: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:09 am

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming, Ever, for me.

This has been the worst year, by far, for adventure gaming for me since I started playing in 1994. To date there have only been 5 games that interested me and one that didn't but I played it anyway because I was bored. Little did I know that by playing it didn't alleviate my boredom as I didn't enjoy it at all. Below is a list of the games and whether I gave them a thumbs up or not. You can see what a terrible year it has been for AG's and I. Sorry, I can not recommend any of the thumbs downers.

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 1 1953 KGB Unleashed

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 2 Ambers Blood: A Carol Reed Mystery

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 1 Anna

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 2 Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 1 J.U.L.I.A.

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 1 Yesterday (begrudgingly)
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 am

The selection of games has been a little lean so far this year. The last half of this year doesn't look much better. I haven't played any of the games on your list GreyFuss so I don't know if I agree or not.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 am

That is not good news. As usual I always respect your opinions GF, you've been at it far far longer than I. As for Corrosion (being right handed) I give it just a wavering thumbs up with my left hand (good but just OK) compared with Resonance which gets a thumbs up with my right hand. Other than that the only game you mentioned that I've commited to buying is 1953. Guess I'll have to see for myself. silent
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:40 am

As for me, I'm very positive (since I bought) I'll like:

J.U.L.I.A.

1953 KGB

Corrosion.

So far I like 1953 KGB as I was playing some of it this past Sunday.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:21 am

Ouch...

Thumbs down for Anna? I had high hopes for that one. I have yet to play those on your list, so guess I'll remain hopefull that they will seem fun to me.

Still another half of 2012 to go so don't get too depressed Greyfuss!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Hmm, I can't say if this is the worst year, since I dropped out of playing adventure games in the late 1990s after not being able to finish either Monkey Island 4 or Gabriel Knight 3, both had arcade-type action I wasn't able to do, so I gave up. Came back to gaming in March 2005 with the wonderful Syberia and Syberia II. So I haven't a clue what went on in those missing years, except for Broken Sword 1 and 2, which I bought as a set after reading so much about George Stobbart and those crates! However, I can definitely say this has not been a good year so far for my kind of adventure games and that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Every Year there are good games and bad games. I don't think that this is the worst year ever. There have been good games till now.

1) Yesterday ( The game that I mostly enjoyed in the last 2 years along with Gilbert Goodmate).

2) Resonance (VERY good game).

3) Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

4) Deponia

5) The Journey Down, Chapter 1 (and Chapter 2 still to come).

6) Nancy Drew: Tomb of the Lost Queen

7) The Dark Eye Chains of Satinav.

8 ) Doc Apocalypse

9) Da New Guys: Day of the Jackass

10) Botanicula

11) The Ballads of Reemus.

All of them are very good and enjoyable games. And there is more to come. Of course more games have been released (till now 29 all of them) but not as good as the ones above. There have been worse times....
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 pm

lol!

For me it is the worst year ever Tsampikos...you see not one of those games on your list is any good for me. I am not saying they are badly made games, just that they don't offer this gamer anything. I tried many of them only because I was bored of not gaming and the others I could tell by their web sites they weren't for me. Good for you that your type of games are plentiful. Normally I play 25 to 50 games a year.

I did just try Dear Esther and 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! 1

There are several games that interest me that haven't been released yet but it is getting late in the year and the odds of a 2012 release are slim.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Daedalic Entertainment appears to be doing quite well considering the steady stream of games they have released both as a developer and as a publisher. They do seem to favor that cartoonish/ hand drawn/ 2D /3rd person style. I suppose that if it is profitable as a business then why not? I don't mind them, they're usually decent games but I certainly do not want to be overwhelmed by them. Anyhow I couldn't help but notice that DE is the publisher for Face Noir and that the game was released on July 31. Good news I suppose if one is reasonably fluent in German. I watched a few minutes on youtube and it's obvious the game is fully americanized: US currency, signs, buildings, business cards etc. are all english.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:44 am

I'm glad to hear Face Noir was released in Germany. I hope it gets released here soon, it does look like a good game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 am

I feel the same way, GreyFuss. Since 2007, I've played less than 10 adventures a year, and only 4 last year (2 of them were the last 2 Rhem games I had saved up). So far this year I've played:
Botanicula - loved it
AGON Lost Sword of Toledo- it was ok
Yoomurjak's Ring - quite enjoyed it.
I just bought Corrosion Cold Winter and am pretty sure I'm going to play Phobos.
I'm filling the void with casual games, but they just aren't the same.
Back to top Go down
Maquis
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 am

Corrosion was decent, but monotonous. I agree with you GreyFuss that Amber's Blood was the best of the year, and by a long margin. I'm hoping the second half of the year will bring up something good, because it really has been a poor six months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!   2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER! Empty

Back to top Go down

2012...So Far The Worst Year for Adventure Gaming ---- EVER!
Page 1 of 1