Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Screen Capture Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Screen Capture Help Empty
PostSubject: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm

I have tried to do screen captures from games using 256 color. I used Paint to do the capture on my win 98. The screens came out either very distorted or black. I've also tried doing the capture of 256 color games on my XP with Paint. They also come distorted. The other screen captures I do come out fine.

Is there a way to do the screen captures without them being distorted ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Here you go , Hats ! I'm not sure if you've ever heard of it, but, there's a picture viewer called Irfanview, that is able to do screen capture . It is able to run on all Windows versions . I use it for pictures myself , & I run Vista . My Dad has used this program for years , so that's how I found out about it .

Here's a download link : http://www.irfanview.com/

A link on how to use Irfanview for a screen capture : http://malektips.com/irfanview-screen-capture-full-window-desktop-mouse-cursor.html

Maybe this will help .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks Faust. I hadn't heard of it. I'll check it out now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:54 pm

Not a problem Hats !!
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Yes, it works!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 am

I'm glad it worked for youy HandsFree cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Here's another great screenshot capture utility, Hat - XnView. (link) http://www.xnview.com/

I use this to do screenshot captures of all my gameplay experiences. XnView is easy to use once you get familiar with. And it's quite easy to get familiar with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen Capture Help   Screen Capture Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen Capture Help
Page 1 of 1