Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Latest on Prominence

Go down 
+2
Gelert
GreyFuss
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

The Latest on Prominence Empty
PostSubject: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Quote :
September 13, 2010
All our efforts in digging through hundreds of demo reels to get the best cast we could afford really paid off. We had a blast recording all the talented voice actors and had lots of laughs while getting some great tracks. Meanwhile, art and programming are deep in the trenches working on the next build and some other goodies. We'll have more about that soon. Stay tuned!

September 5, 2010
Voice casting is now complete! Recording sessions are lined up for this week as we move another step closer to release.

What is Prominence

With a highly immersive setting and first person viewpoint, Prominence is a point-and-click science-fiction adventure that offers players a chance to explore and discover the secrets behind a unique and mysterious high-tech facility.

What begins as simple exploration soon twists and turns its way into an evolving mystery that is revealed through physical clues, audio recordings, data archives, and a damaged central computer system in need of repairs.

Added 5/9/12 Prominence Developers Chat

Last edited by GreyFuss on Thu May 10, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Great news! Thanks GreyFuss. I'm watching this one. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

It is exactly my kind of game G. Point & Click - Sci-Fi - Solo Exploration...bring it on. cheers
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks, GF! I had my eye on this game for a long time now - that and Rhem 4 (plus I also have to nab Secret Files 2, the Black Mirrors 2 & 3, and Darkfall)
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 pm

I figured you would be liking this one AlienBZ
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 am

I have a feeling that you might like the goodies that are coming out later today... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prominencegame.com
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:48 pm

Goodies???? About Prominence???? Bring it on...can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by and letting us know (GreyFuss has canceled all for today to sit in front of computer to wait for Prominence goodies)
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi dmw_mike and welcome to Adventure Point. Prominence has been on my waiting list a lomg time now. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:41 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Smile

We're working hard to make it worth the wait!
The Latest on Prominence 12235
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Looks interesting GF !!!!!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:54 pm

dmw_mike wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome. Smile

We're working hard to make it worth the wait!
The Latest on Prominence 12235

Hey dmw-mike the new screenshots look great. Are you planning on self publishing?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am

Just checked at the latest screen shots - they're beautiful! Good work you did on the game, DMW! Is this supposed to be an exploratory adventure inside of an alien spaceship? Let me know when the game is released, ok? I hope it releases in the USA, as I live in the USA. Also, will it ship to brick and mortar stores like walmart, Best Buy, etc as a physical copy (DVD/box)?
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:29 pm

@GreyFuss:
We've been approached by several publishers, but haven't signed with anyone just yet. Prominence will certainly be available via digital distribution, but there is also a segment of adventure gamers who really like to have physical boxes. So we're certainly considering all possibilities.

@AlienBZ:
Thanks! We're also in the US, and it'll definitely be released here. The story and background of the adventure will be revealed in the next couple of months as we wrap up production. Exciting times ahead! I'll post the release date in this thread after it's officially been announced.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks dmw_mike. I really like my boxed games so I'm hoping for a box but either way I'm anxiously waiting for the release. Drop by any time to let us know your progress or just to chat Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 am

Is Dmw Mike still around? How much longer until Prominence is released??
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 am

Hi AlienBZ

Yep, I'm still here. Smile
We're aiming to release Prominence this year, and it's really exciting to see everything coming together!

If you want the inside track, you can get news about the game via email. We have a monthly (roughly speaking) Prominence newsletter, which delivers the latest info and some behind-the-scenes goodness, spoiler-free. There's a sign-up box on the home page of the official site.

We've also got the obligatory Facebook page, which gets updated pretty regularly.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi dmw_mike thanks for stopping by and letting us know. I'm really looking forward to the release of Prominence Smile The screenshots look really good

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm

dmw_mike

Nice to see that the Providence team is hard at work and still has the enthusiasm to finish this much anticipated game.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:49 am

lol!

Hopefully, with a little divine providence everything will go smoothly for you and we'll see Prominence this year dmw_mike.

It looks damned good. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Latest Prominence Newsletter

Prominence Developers Chat 5/9/12

Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:17 am

The devs said they're going to cure PRS by releasing the game later this year. I can wait. But I sort of can't wait for the disk release of another game (Corrosion).
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:52 pm

Thanks GreyFuss it's good to know that Prominence will be coming out later this year. I've been looking forward to it's release for a long time Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:31 pm

We've released a new dev chat about the backstory and setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dALp6AxOEQ

Enjoy! Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 am

Thanks for the update DMW_Mike

Are we still on pace for a December release>
Back to top Go down
dmw_mike
Wanderer's Apprentice
dmw_mike

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:05 pm

2012 release is still the plan, GreyFuss.

We get a little closer to completion every day! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Latest on Prominence   The Latest on Prominence Empty

Back to top Go down

The Latest on Prominence
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next