Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams

Go down 
+9
AlienBZ
Lady Kestrel
Jen
winfrey
Gonchi
HandsFree
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
Gelert
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 am

Well, here it is folks. The promised Christmas Contest.

Jeff has kindly sent me an extra copy of the BRILLIANT Darkstar which I intend to 'Giveaway' to one lucky person on the Adventure Point forums.

No complicated rules this time. I'll post picture clues that in some way relate to a well known Adventure game and you must tell me, by

PRIVATE MESSAGE ONLY the name of the game.

**** Please note ****
(
amendment to rules )

EVERYONE guessing the name of the game will go into the drawing.

I'll post one, two or three pics each day for the week or so. All of the pictures relate to ONE GAME.

The names of the correct 'guessers' will go into Gelert's giant tombola and I'll draw out the lucky winner soon after the the end of the contest.

You can have as many guesses as you like, but the contest ends midnight, UK time, on the day the last picture clue is posted (date to be decided, but before the 15th of December). There are 15 pictures in total, so you'll have some idea of when the contest will end when the number posted approaches 15.

This shouldn't be too difficult and it gets easier as the clues progress. So, what are you waiting for? Get guessing!

Today, two pictures . .

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams Ff8a7ba0

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams E8703a23

Last edited by Gelert on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:04 am

Gelert do all the pictures that you post relate to one Game? Or do each set of pictures relate to a game ?

Thanks to Jeff Williams for donating DarkStar as prize to some lucky winner cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:55 am

I already have this game so if by chance I win (fat chance) I would really like for someone who does not have it be able to experience this wonderful piece of work.

Just so I am straight on the rules...do the pictures relate to the title of an adventure game or the content of the game?

Thanks Jeff for providing Mr Gelert with this prise.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi hats! I think you may have missed it (you're not the only person Very Happy ). So I've highlighted in yellow the bit where it says the pictures relate to ONE GAME.

GreyFuss the range of pictures relate to one game in terms of content AND title.

Thanks for saying you'd compete but donate if you win. I was hoping our kind hearted Adventure Point folks would say something to that effect. Much appreciated.

To everyone else that may have already bought it . . . I've known this game was coming for 3 weeks, but didn't felt it appropriate to let the cat out of the bag. Sorry. Smile The last thing I wanted to do was to hit official sales whilst trying to do my bit to promote Jeff's magnum opus. Very Happy

As always with these contests the winner need not worry about shipping costs. That's out my pocket. If the winner wants insurance, or whatever, because of feared disruption to holiday postal services, however, I may have to ask for something towards shipping. Regrettably, I'm not a millionaire. Sad

Hope that sounds okay.

Gelert. flower

P.S.; Already had a few guesses from members, but all incorrect so far.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:00 pm

**** Please note ****
(
amendment to rules )

Two more . .

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams 7342904a

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams Deb29211

**** Please note ****
(
amendment to rules )

Last edited by Gelert on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Great! I'll join for the challenge, but I received a lot of free games already so no need to add me to the drawing (should I be among the first Cool.

edit: haha I wanted to write 'the first 8' closing-parenthesis, but that turns into the cool-smiley.

Last edited by HandsFree on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:53 pm

HandsFree if you win you can of course have the game. Thankyou for passing on the chance last time. flower
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Tricky.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:04 am

Quote :
The first EIGHT people to guess the name of the game will go into the drawing.
Really? Thats all? I'll never have a chance now.

Last edited by GreyFuss on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:07 am

Sorry folks!

I've decided to revert back to the original idea of entering all correct 'guessers' into the draw at the end of the contest.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Gelert. Sad

Last edited by Gelert on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 am

Well, that's regrettable.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am

We have our first correct answer. cheers
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:58 pm

We can guess many times right? Never mind I went back and read the rules .. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:49 pm

winfrey wrote:
We can guess many times right? Never mind I went back and read the rules .. Smile

Yes. As many times as you lie Winfrey. At least that's one thing that hasn't changed. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:19 pm

That's unfortunate about the complaint(s). I think you are awesome, and it's really good of you to do these contests. I know how much you put into this site and these giveaways. sunny Besides, they are fun to play even for those of us who never win anything geek
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Here are another two picture clues.

I can tell you that one person (female), has guessed the game already. Wow! Impressive! Shocked

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams E1624cf0

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams 29ad8bf5
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Can we ask---is it listed in your database?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 pm

winfrey wrote:
Can we ask---is it listed in your database?

Oh yes, it is Winfrey. And ....... it's not one of my obscure teasers either. Far from it in fact.

The picture clues will get easier, I promise. Saving the best 'til near the end. But remember, a few hours after the last picture's the contest will close. Twisted Evil

Keep guessing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 pm

It's kind of you to include everyone who answers correctly, Gelert. I suspect that if a person has limited computer time, it might be frustrating to miss getting a spot in the drawing just because s/he couldn't get here on time. It's still a fun challenge, as all of your puzzles have been in the past. Thank you for hosting it! *[Insert thumb up smiley here.]*
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Thankyou very much LadyKestrel. Coincidentally someone else has already mentioned that to me. I wholeheartedly agree. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 am

GreyFuss wrote:
I already have this game so if by chance I win (fat chance) I would really like for someone who does not have it be able to experience this wonderful piece of work.
GF, if you win the game, may I please have it?

And Gelert, about the rules - will all guessers get into the drawing, or the first 8 correct guessers only?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:26 am

AlienBZ wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:
GF, if you win the game, may I please have it?

And Gelert, about the rules - will all guessers get into the drawing, or the first 8 correct guessers only?
Sorry ABZ...if by chance pigs fly and I even guess the game & my name is drawn for the game I will just have Mr Gelert draw another name from the list of correct guesses. My suggestion to you is to put your thinking cap on and guess the game yourself thus ensuring yourself a chance in the drawing.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 6:39 am

GreyFuss by the most amazing coincidence I saw Pigs flying on tv tonight Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams 532615

It is very kind of you to donate your copy back to the drawing if you win Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:33 pm

I'm thinking of copying the complete data base at AP and pasting it here-- that should ensure me of a correct answer ..... right...... lol! OK OK Mr G. I was just kidding Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Clever idea winfrey Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams   Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Contest - Win a copy of Darkstar courtesy of Jeff Williams
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next