Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
Gelert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO Empty
PostSubject: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 pm

It's THAT time of the year again .... and I thought it would be interesting to know . . . . . . . .

Which past Christmas present/gift Adventure game was the most special one you ever received (or bought as a gift to yourself)?
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 am

The most special game that I ever received for Christmas was Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon.

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 am

I received the black mirror as a Christmas present and I have replayed it several times. Usually I just buy the game myself if I want it, but my son knew that I would want it. Thanks son!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:49 pm

No one has ever bought me games for Christmas. Wine....but not games. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I never got a game for Christmas, either. Wine is good. Chocolate is better!

My favorite game ever is Stupid Invaders. I don't think I got that around Christmastime, though.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 pm

No-one ever gets me games for Christmas either ............. well, rarely.

The one that I remember most was Syberia. I even played it Christmas Day ............... to the chagrin of my mum and dad. Will they never understand? Dohhhh! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am

Since my folks don't buy me games for Christmas but give me money instead, I buy the games for myself - I've been doing this for the past 10 years or so, but to date the most special Christmas game I received was a 40 - year old dream that came true - (background story) I've wanted to be a veterinarian ever since I was 16 years old, which dates back to Christmas 1970 when I used to play veterinarian with stuffed animals and makeshift vet tools in our basement, which I had set up like a pretend animal hospital, complete with a chest of drawers topped by an exam table in the main room that was separated by a pegboard divider that was nailed to the beam in the ceiling, on the opposite side was my tiny office. Beyond the main room was a metal picnic table that served as the OR table, headed my an old lawn mower motor in with a couple of lengths of garden hoses were inserted into the motor's openings to serve as the gas machine's oxygen and anesthetic hoses, this was separated by a curtian nailed to the ceiling beam, this curtian separating the hospital cages that were made from my sister's outgrown crib. Off from my office a bit was a 3 tier metal kitchen shelving unit which I had attached lengths of discarded babydoll's playpen netting to in order to create makeshift patient cages - I wanted this pretent vet hospital to look and feel as real as possible - that is, until I got that special Christmas game, Vet Emergency (from Legacy Interactive) in Dec. 2001. Although I never felt any emotion (love, pity, etc) when I played veterinary in our basement with these stuffed animals, when I was several hours onto playing Vet Emergency on Christmas Eve, the game seemed so real that I was actually feeling kind of upset that the animals were hurt! And on the morning of Christmas Day I was ready to continue where I left off on the night of Christmas Eve, but as I was still kind of worked up about the sick/injured pets, I was verbalizing out loud, sort of whiney as I approached the computer in our studio to finish Vet Emergency (Mom who was working in our kitchen next to the studio where the PC was, told me to knock it off, as my whining annoyed her), but I gritted my teeth (figuratively) and I completed Vet Emergency. After this I felt a little bit better, and as 2002 started its early months, I began to feel better and better increasingly having gotten through Vet Emergency and knowing that "I Can do it!" - be a veterinarian, even if it's in a computer game. After the first several months of 2002, I played Vet Emergency a few more times and each time, I felt even more better and better, never again getting worked up emotionally about the sick/injured pets, as I had grown accustomed to treating sick/injured animals (even if its in a computer game) and by the time summer 2002 arrived, I was hungry for more games like Vet Emergency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO   It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO Empty

Back to top Go down

It's THAT time of the year again .... TWO
Page 1 of 1