Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers

Go down 
+4
AlienBZ
Draclvr
jkeerie
winfrey
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers Empty
PostSubject: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 pm

Drac could use our help.... so I thought I would post here and ask for some

Drac does volunteer work for the Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch. They receive all the horses, goats, chickens, donkeys etc. that are removed from the most dreadful conditions you can imagine. Sometimes they come in inches from death's door due to starvation and are treated like royalty with nutrition, veterinary care, a clean stall and as much socialization as they can give them. When they are returned to health and evaluated or trained for riding or companionship, they are put up for adoption.

Longmeadow Rescue Ranch has been entered into a Shelter Challenge sponsored by Petfinder.com. Shelters receiving the most on-line votes each day are awarded prizes of up to $1,000 - $5,000. Our funding was slashed by almost $10,000 this year and all funding comes strictly from donations. So, if you have a spare minute, she I am sure would appreciate a vote for her facility every day! Just enter Longmeadow Rescue Ranch for the facility and select Missouri for the state.

Animal Rescue Shelter Challenge

Make sure you type in Longmeadow rescue Ranch and select Missouri... you can vote every day. ..Let's see if we can't help out our friend Drac.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 am

Just voted! Smile
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:56 am

Thank you so much for posting that, Winfrey! And, thank you, JK for voting for us.

Yes, I am a Class 1, Grade A poop shoveler! After the last rescue of 39 horses, we are right at 100 horses right now. And that is a lot of stalls to clean and horses to scratch, groom and help resocialize. Longmeadow is one of the top large animal shelters in the US, but we rely completely on donations and those are down just like everything else in this economy. So, a nice little prize in this Shelter Challenge would be wonderful. You can read more about us here... Longmeadow Rescue Ranch I highly recommend the "A Day at Longmeadow" video.

Thanks for voting for us! Oh, and for those not in the US, the abbreviation for Missouri is MO.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:36 am

Just voted.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Just voted myself . Hey Drac , Longmeadow is # 5 in our state ! Not too bad !
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:12 pm

We were #275 in overall standings, but slipped to around #300 which is why I have been asking for more help! Stray Rescue in St. Louis is #13 in the overall rankings, so that's awesome! I think they have around 1,000 shelters entered.

Thanks for voting for us, Faust. We ARE going to get your daughter out there for a personal tour once the weather gets nice!

Isn't it lovely today! It's been sleeting like absolute mad out here since about 4:30 and now they're talking about anywhere from 8 - 10 inches of snow for us this afternoon. Sheesh!

Last edited by Draclvr on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm

It is sleeting like crazy ! I was awake at 4:30 myself , trying to decide to take my wife to work or not . I didn't even let her out the door ! I heard 6-12 inches of snow , up to 1/2 inch or better for ice . Funny you mention my daughter , because she said something about wanting to visit Longmeadow last week . Weather permitting , I'm taking her to a Daddy/Daughter dance on Saturday . I will be voting tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I just came in from taking care of the chickens, barn cats etc. At least I can walk out there right now as all the sleet has given some traction. Last night when I went out at 10:00, the gravel in the driveway was so slick I had to shuffle across it.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Take care you two!!! I've been watching the news--- yeaks...
Shocked
. we sure have had some terrible weather lately.... stay safe
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Can you spell "hideous!"
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't think "hideous" is an accurate enough description ! Horrid maybe ! Drac , if your still at the ranch PLEASE be careful going home !!!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks for the information on Longmeadow winfrey Smile

Faust and Draclver take care with that winter storm. Here where I live there is about 5 inches of snow and ice on the ground and it is still snowing. There is a blizzard advisory and the governor has declared a weather emergency. My storm door is iced over again brrrrr Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers 9

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Take care of yourself Hats !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Thanks Faust I will. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Oh, gads, you too, hatsheput! You must be right in this mess along with us...
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Voted. Will vote again. Very Happy
It is really nasty out there. My DH went out to salt last night, fell and dislocated his shoulder. Sad
We are going to get more ice today.
Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers K026
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:20 pm

Mess is right ! A bit stronger word may apply though , or stronger words .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks, Ang! Hubby had some minor knee surgery just a week ago, so I told him he was NOT to go out to the barn or the chicken house this morning!
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Guess I'm lucky only pouring rain out here today and luckily enough got out early enough to give Thor a good walk.

Yes, Careful Hat.... Ang and all of you up North!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Yes Draclvr I'm right in this mess with you. At least so far we have only gotten sleet and snow and not the freezing rain and ice south of us. Hope your hubby knee is healing well. He sure doesn't want to take a fall on it.

Thanks winfrey I'll take care. winfrey I'm knocking on wood that you don't get any more than rain.

Ang I hope your DH is ok. A dislocated shoulder just isn't good. I just really really really don't like the ice. Take care Ang stay warm and safe.

I'll vote again tomorrow

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:42 am

Count me in. Good luck Drac, I hope you win, keep us posted. I wish everyone could win. If you like I can post this message for you on my site, I get a lot of traffic over there.

[img]Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers Heart10[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:49 am

Go for it Star .... give her all the exposure she can get....
hi by the way
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:07 am

Please do, Starlite! The more the merrier!

I'm heading down there tomorrow... taking hubby's truck as there are at least 6 inches of ice, sleet and snow on the road.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:49 am

Ok, it's done and I voted again. I'll vote tomorrow too. Good luck Drac and drive safe.

Sorry to hear about DH Ang

Hi Win, how's Thor.

We're supposed to get hit big time tonight with snow. Anxious to see how much we're going to get. Bundle up everyone and oil those shovels sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:44 pm

I've just returned from driving my wife to work . I had to put my Jeep in 4 wheel drive just to get out of my neighborhood . The main roads from here to Washington (the next city over) , are not a lot better ! Actually , in some spots , they're worse !

I voted again Drac !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers   Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers Empty

Back to top Go down

Missouri Human Society Longmeadow Rescue Ranch where Drac volunteers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next