Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"

Go down 
+10
AlienBZ
Mullane
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
Taio
AngDMC
hatshepsut
winfrey
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" Empty
PostSubject: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:38 pm

As a special "Thankyou!" to all of our members and mods here at Adventure Point, and to celebrate Adventure Point's 2 year survival against all the odds ('they' said we'd never last!), I'm offering up , ahead of its release date a pristine copy of Iceberg Interactive's Alan Thorn masterpiece of "spine-tingling mystery" and suspense . . .

Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok
An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" Baron-10
Please note: Due to shipping distances involved you (the winner), may receive this glorious prize after it's date of general release. I will, as usual, however, send asap by first class airmal shipping. So you shouldn't have to wait long. And it's FREE!

Almost the same rules as in previous contests but, as this one is a little tougher than the last ('Tomb of Zojir'), I'll adapt the drawing rules somewhat. After all this is an EXTRA special prize! Very Happy

Everyone who enters will have their name put into the giant Gelert tombola, even if they don't get the correct answer.

In addition, please read carefully . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . IT GETS BETTER!

Everyone who guesses the game correctly by the time I've posted up 6 picture clues will be entered into the drawing FOUR times. In other words, get it right before the 7th and 8th are posted and you'll have 4 chances of winning!

Guess it after the 7th and 8th pictures are posted, but before I've posted the 11th and 12 picture clues and you're in the drawing THREE times.

Guess it after the 11th and 12th are posted but before the end of the contest, and you're in the drawing TWO times.

So . . . . literally ANYONE and EVERYONE has a chance of winning this excellent Adventure game.

EVEN if you don't know the answer and are no good at these picture puzzles!

As per usual I'll be posting two pictures at any one time (probably daily), and the contest will end STRICTLY at midnight (UK time), on the day that the final (13th and 14th), pictures are posted. No late entries please.

As always ANSWERS BY PRIVATE MAIL (P.M.), ONLY

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by Gelert on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Picture clues 1 & 2

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 450d45cd

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 50285ed8
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject:    An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 pm

ooops.... silly me.......
not here winfrey......
you are too kind Mr G.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:07 am

Gelert This is fantastic. Thanks cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 6:00 am

Thanks Gelert...You rock!!!
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Nice! Thanks Gelert Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm going to have to make these contests tougher again!! Twisted Evil

Picture clues 3 & 4

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" A6a74ec8

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 20570560
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Interesting pictures, I have half an idea scratch
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:36 pm

Trickier this time. Hmmmmm.....

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Great contest Gelert Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Hey Gelert will you guess for me my order of proxy???? lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Picture clues 5 & 6
(a bit late so 7 & 8 will be posted in around 10 hours time)

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 7396d723

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 4c75aeae
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Picture clues 7 & 8

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 2c4db3d1

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 8db66e2a
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Picture clues 9 & 10

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" Cfa4ebef

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 082276ac
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:33 pm

No excuses now some of you.

You KNOW who you are!

You're the folks who haven't bothered to enter the contest to win this great looking Adventure.

Come on now ................... preordered elsewhere or not, HOW can you resist?

And if it's supporting Alan you're worried about, you can always buy your preordered copy AS WELL!! Wink

Here are picture clues 11 & 12
(Just two more after this)

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 565b46b7

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 392eaada
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Okay, I haven't entered the contest because I don't play first-person games and I don't know anyone I could give the game to if I won it.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:45 pm

I have come to the conclusion that my brain doesn't work on the same frequency as Gelerts. I haven't come close to working out any of the puzzles/quizzes/etc since I joined.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm

mindysue wrote:
Okay, I haven't entered the contest because I don't play first-person games and I don't know anyone I could give the game to if I won it.

That's okay mindysue. My plea was only to encourage and quite tongue-in-cheek in how I meant it it to sound. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Mullane wrote:
I have come to the conclusion that my brain doesn't work on the same frequency as Gelerts. I haven't come close to working out any of the puzzles/quizzes/etc since I joined.

Hi Mullane. Once you get one you'll see that these are very get-able. Remember, Google is always your friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Anyone who won a game here that they didn't want the game could offer it to anyone here at the game trading centre Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Notice: If anyone wins this game and doesn't want it, I'll be glad to take it (in case my name isn't drawn as the lucky winner).
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Final picture clues

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 76d5bc38

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" 24e7854a
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Contest closes in two hours.

Remember all you have to do to have a chance of winning is ENTER.

You don't need to get the correct answer!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:52 am

I love that last set of clues, Gelert. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi good folks and friends!

Here are the names of the people who entered and who will have their names put into the drawing.

I've listed in order of who solved this first (just for fun). Smile

Solved after just 2 picture clues were posted, and will be entered into the drawing x4 . .

LadyK
AngDMC

Solved after 4 picture clues were posted, and will be entered into the drawing x4 . .

Superedy
HandsFree
AlienBZ (well done!)
hatshepsut

Solved after 6 picture clues were posted, and will be entered into the drawing x4 . .

JKeerie
Taio

Solved after 10 picture clues were posted, and will be entered into the drawing x3 . .

Jen

Didn't solve, but took part so will be entered into the drawing x1 . .

Winfrey
Mullane

The drawing will be made tonight.

Thanks to those who entered and for the many private and public 'Congratulations' and 'Thanks' messages I've received for keeping Adventure Point 'alive' for two years.

The forums were very much an afterthought for me when I created the database. I had my reservations and adopted very much a "See how it goes.", approach - my long-time gaming pal LakerZ will, I think, testify to that. After many initial teething problems with the poorly performing old forum software I'm glad I persevered. The 'new' forums have worked a treat, and it's no small thanks to my good friend, hatshepsut, to super-tech wizard, Faust, and to all of you, Adventure Pointers one and all!

Thanks for sticking around and making Adventure Point's forums what I believe to be 'The Friendliest of All Adventure Forums'.

Thanks folks! Wink

The game was, of course, one of my all-time favourites, 'Discworld Noir'.

You can read about the game here . . Discworld Noir

For those that may be interested, here are the 'solutions' for the picture clues . .

Picture clue #1

Crowbar = Inventory item

Picture clue #2

King's Cafe = There's a Cafe bar in Discworld Noir

Picture clue #3

Grappling hook = Inventory item

Picture clue #4

Building = One of the Seven Ancient wonders of the World, The Mausoleum of Halicarnassus. There's a mausoleum in the game.

Picture clue #5

An assortment of 'scent bottles' = If you haven't played it, scent plays an important, and extremely cleverly 'written', part in the game.

Picture clue #6

Lara Croft, Tomb Raider = A reference to Laredo Cronk, a 'tomb raiding' character in the game.

Picture clue #7

David Suchet as Hercule Poirot = There is, of course, a detective in the game.

Picture clue #8

An astrolabe = Yes! One plays an important part in Discworld Noir. Without the other clues, could you have identified this object, I wonder? Smile

Picture clue #9

A pendant who's green stone is of malachite = Malachite is an important character in the game.

Picture clue #10

A wolf = Oh yes! The wolf! . . Play the game to find out about this one. Wink

Picture clue #11

A parrot = The Octarine Parrot is the name of a bar in the game.

Picture clue #12

Two conkers = Quite straightforward this one. 'Two Conkers' is one of the many entertaining characters in the game.

Picture clue #13

An . . . . err . . . . assemblage ?? of trolls = There are indeed trolls in Discworld Noir. Smile

Picture clue #14

The main sign on England's Luton airport = Well, if you didn't get it from this one you'd never get it! It's a play on words, of course. Lewton is the, brilliantly voiced by Welshamn Rob Brydon, main character in this wonderfully wacky Adventure game.

I hope that, if anything at all, anyone who hasn't played Discworld Noir will now give it a go. I ran mine on Windows 98 and it's notoriously difficult to get to run on XP. But, if you ever get the chance . . . . Go For It! Very Happy

I'll post up the the name of the winner of 'Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok' later this evening.

Good luck!

Gelert. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" Empty

Back to top Go down

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next