Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"

Go down 
+10
AlienBZ
Mullane
mindysue
jkeerie
SuperEdy
Taio
AngDMC
hatshepsut
winfrey
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you again, G, for an extremely entertaining contest.

I'm amazed and impressed that Lady K and Ang got the correct game with just two clues. There were several games that were in the running in my book with crowbar and cafe. After clues 3 and 4....I had a hunch is was Discworld Noir (It was all contingent on how you interpreted the building clue) but wanted to wait two more clues to be certain.

Thank you for the explanation of the clues. I've not played this game, but was familiar with it due to comments made on various and sundry gaming forums. Very clever indeed!

Great fun as always, G. And I do agree this IS the friendliest of all adventure forums.!

Cheers to you, Chief! cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Thank you Gelert my friend for creating the wonderful Adventure Point and forums. I believe Adventure Point is the friendliest and most fun forum around. Smile Thank you Gelert for all the time and work it took to create Adventure Point. Thanks for this great contest.

Good luck to all the contestants Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Your clues were great, Gelert. The astrolabe wasn't too hard because I had come across one in a hidden objects game not too long ago, but the conkers had me completely stumped.

Good luck with the drawing, everyone!
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 pm

I had no idea about the conkers, either! What the heck are those?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Jen...

I don't think we ever called them "conkers" but when I was a kid....many moon ago....we would take chestnuts, pierce them and affix a shoe lace. Then you would challenge others in a game, the object of which was to hit the other persons chestnut with yours. There was a bit of skill in doing this as I recall as you had to hold one end of the shoelace and then hold the chestnut such that you could whip it at the oppositions chestnut, as he held it by the end of his shoelace. Whosever chestnut could withstand the most punishment won. Generally you played for your opponents pile of chestnuts.

The trick was to get a really dense chestnut as your weapon. Bigger was not always better. Rolling Eyes

I have no clue how or where this activity originated, but I grew up in the suburbs of Western New York....so we knew about it there.

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 pm

It's a very popular game in the UK. I played it every Autumn (Fall). There are even British and World championships. The conker is the fruit of the Horse Chestnut. Not the Edible Chestnut, which we always tend to eat at Christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 pm

And the winner decided with the help of Gelert's giant tombola (actually a random number generator), is . . . .

HandsFree!

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 Congra10

Please confirm your address by p.m. HandsFree. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Congrats, HandsFree!

Let us know what you think Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:40 pm

You are HandsFree. Congratulations says I.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 am

Congratulations HandsFree. Hope you enjoy the game , it looks like a very good game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:27 am

Congrats, HandsFree, and thanks Gelert for another fun contest!

JK and Gelert, thanks for the conkers info. We don't have chestnuts where I live, at least not that I know of. I had roasted chestnuts exactly once in my life, and it was a treat!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:23 am

Congratulations HandsFree..Have fun with the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 4:04 am

Congratulations, HandsFree! Enjoy your game.

Thanks for entertaining us once again, Gelert. It was fun!
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Thanks everyone. cheers
Incredible, Lady Kestrel and Ang. An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 131224 What game doesn't have a crowbar and a cafe?
Thanks Gelert for another puzzle and giveaway. I'll let you all know what Baron Wittard is like.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 pm

HandsFree we will all be waiting to hear what Baron Wittard is like Smile

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Congratulations, Handsfree!!!! cheers

We will await to hear comments on the game....assuming you have time to play it. Some of us are suffering from adventure game time deprivation and are just building stacks. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm

jk you got that right Smile It seems the last few weeks have been so busy for me I've found almost no game time and my pile of to play games is growing and growing.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:50 pm

jkeerie wrote:
Some of us are suffering from adventure game time deprivation and are just building stacks.

hatshepsut wrote:
jk you got that right Smile It seems the last few weeks have been so busy for me I've found almost no game time and my pile of to play games is growing and growing.

Same here, same here, folks - I'm "latest AG-playing-starved" so I'm springing for a new laptop on ebay (after Mom transfers my savings into the gaming acc't Tues so my nephew can order it) and I've been building stacks of games bought.

Only my situation is although I bought a netbook last January, it cannot run games like BW Nemesis of Ragnarok (will have to try to get this one on my trusty Amazon.com), Nikopol, PR Immortals of Terra, the last 2 Rhems, AnaCapri, Overclocked, etc, as it lacks a dedicated NVidia graphics card, having a Graphics Media Accelerator instead as it's not really built for gaming.

However, I don't regret buying the netbook last year - after I get this laptop, I'll use the laptop for all my gaming needs (including DOSbox, VPC, VMWare Player) and I'll use the netbook as a glorified, super-duper DVD player that has capabilities "far beyond" mortal DVD players.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi HandsFree. Your game is winging its way to you from today.

Have fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 am

The game arrived today! cheers Unfortunately the laptop that's new enough to play it was stolen last week. An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 534817 and my other one is too old. Think I need to go shopping...
BTW I noticed I have to enter an activation code. Does that mean the game won't play when Iceberg isn't around anymore?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:18 am

If that's the case I don't think ALan will be too impressed by that. Hopefully, Iceberg is here to stay then.

Glad to hear your game arrived safely.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:30 am

HandsFree I am sorry to hear your laptop was stolen. I hope you are able to get a new one soon.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlanThorn
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi HandsFree,

Quote :
BTW I noticed I have to enter an activation code. Does that mean the game won't play when Iceberg isn't around anymore?

The term activation code is perhaps a little misleading on the manual. It is in fact a serial number, and not an activation code. The installer will ask for this code, and it does NOT depend on any connection to an internet server. You can both install and play the game offline without any limitations.

I hope this answers your question.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you for the clarification on the serial number Alan.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:43 pm

AlanThorn wrote:
The term activation code is perhaps a little misleading on the manual. It is in fact a serial number, and not an activation code. The installer will ask for this code, and it does NOT depend on any connection to an internet server. You can both install and play the game offline without any limitations.
Thanks Alan, that's good to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"   An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An Adventure Point birthday present to say "Thankyou!"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next