Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? Empty
PostSubject: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

Since it looks as if, for now, Kickstarter campaigns are our best bet to revive old games or old games series. If all the classic game developers were looking in on this thread what developer would you encourage to try attain the needed funds with a Kickstarter campaign to continue a series or make a sequel to a previous title.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:52 am

Would love for the Miller brothers and Cyan World to come together for one last big Myst game. I wonder how high the contributions would get with all the Myst fans out there. Come on Rand and Robyn, what do you say? You know you want to do one again...come on...Please!
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:02 pm

I would like the REAL simon the sorcerer games by Simon Woodruff and Andrew (somebody) to be revived. I had heard that they had Simon 3 almost totally finished before Hasbro (or some big company, can't remember) made them change it to 3D. I wish they would put out their Simon version. But, I'm sure they don't own the rights to it anymore, so I guess that would be just wishful thinking. I do like Simon 3D, but not as much as the originals 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I'd love to see a Day of the Tentacle sequel done in the old pixel art.

There was plans for a Rodger Wilco sequel (like #7) or something back in the day before Sierra closed it's doors. Like Larry, the sequel to it was suppose to be Larry in Space or something. So Wilco would be a good comeback.

A NON-adventure game that I would love to see made is Thrill Kill. The only thing they'd have to do is update the graphics and I think it would make a killing. One of the most infamous AO rated games that was stopped at the 95% mark and then canceled.

I want either a remake of Willy Beamish or a sequel. I'd love to see the hijinks he gets into in highschool or college.

Another Still Life sequel would be cool.

Blackwell Legacy could get another start there if whatshisface wants to make more.

If Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw wasn't such a angry arsehat I'd like to see the Chzo mythos in better graphics, and maybe even a prequel or so.

Either a Grim Fandango sequel or a game done in the same fashion would be cool.

Gabriel Knight would be a cool comeback, or if they could rerelease the old ones like they did Wilco, Larry, and the Police Quest series.

There we go how about another Police Quest game?

Oh what about that Toonstruck sequel that someone said that was in the making and NEVER happened???????
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks Mbd630 and Dude, very interesting. You sure can tell by your lists what types of games you like and perhaps what era you started playing adventures.

Seeing what games you guys like you may not be interested in this one. A post in another Forum brought back to my mind a game that was never finished and was much anticipated for a 1999 release. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by South Peak. After Temujin and Dark Side of the Moon this game was supposed to correct the problems with their Video Reality FMV engine. By the looks of these videos it seems as if the game was pretty much done, but what was the exact reason for not releasing? Did it have something to do with bugs or what not? With todays technology how much trouble would it be to take the original source code and rework it into a game that could be played now. Would GOG be an option? Or would a little more money prove to be all that is needed to bring the game to completion with a Kickstarter campaign.

Come on former South Peak people or whoever holds the rights, how about giving it a go? What could you possibly lose if the game is almost done?

Back to top Go down
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Thanks Mbd630 and Dude, very interesting. You sure can tell by your lists what types of games you like and perhaps what era you started playing adventures.
Really, b/c I thought my list was a little spastic. I'd include MORE canceled projects, even from the Sega CD era or Atari, like SwordQuest. But I don't know how you could convert 8bit to full CGI. Basically the whole game would need a redesign and what thus changing everything about what people loved about Atari, they were simple.

GreyFuss wrote:
Seeing what games you guys like you may not be interested in this one. A post in another Forum brought back to my mind a game that was never finished and was much anticipated for a 1999 release. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by South Peak. After Temujin and Dark Side of the Moon this game was supposed to correct the problems with their Video Reality FMV engine. By the looks of these videos it seems as if the game was pretty much done, but what was the exact reason for not releasing? Did it have something to do with bugs or what not? With todays technology how much trouble would it be to take the original source code and rework it into a game that could be played now. Would GOG be an option? Or would a little more money prove to be all that is needed to bring the game to completion with a Kickstarter campaign.

Come on former South Peak people or whoever holds the rights, how about giving it a go? What could you possibly lose if the game is almost done?
The FMVs were always hit and miss. Most of them relied off of GOOD actors, not crapola ones. So these guys are OK, but I'd sill prefer better ones if this is restarted.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:45 pm

thedude wrote:
The FMVs were always hit and miss. Most of them relied off of GOOD actors, not crapola ones. So these guys are OK, but I'd sill prefer better ones if this is restarted.

I don't think there is a FMV out there that I didn't like. Loved them all. Sure, some are better than others but it is FMV that really sucked me into gaming. In some FMV, cheesy acting like in "B" movies just adds to the enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:50 am

I would like to see a finished and polished up version of Toonstruck 2

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea is another good one I'd like to see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?   What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Games Would You Like To Be Revived By A Kickstarter Campaign?
Page 1 of 1