Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived

Go down 
+4
Lady Kestrel
Raj
AngDMC
Gunness
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived Empty
PostSubject: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 9:27 am

While we can be pretty sure that there'll be more islands with Monkeys, Dark Mirrors and Broken Swords, sometimes there are good or great games that don't draw much attention any longer but also deserve to be revived.
Are there any such games or game series out there that you'd like to see a remake of or sequel to?

I'm awfully fond of Sierra's two Shivers games and have played through both of them four or five times. In particular, the first one, a full-blown puzzle-fest, works exceedingly well - great atmosphere, over-the-top storyline and a great feeling of open-endedness.

1998's Sanitarium is another classic that deserves a larger audience and might find one with a visual overhaul (though personally I think the graphics hold up even today). The chilling storyline is downright amazing, and though the puzzles are a bit simplistic at times, they work well within the context of the game.

The Dig could do with a sequel, too, I think. Same terrific music and athosphere, but with a more fleshed-out script and better puzzles.

Finally, I had thought about including Gabriel Knight, but I'm not convinced that the series hasn't run its due course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I agree with your list of classics Gunness. I would like to add Obsidian and RAMA .
Back to top Go down
Raj
Wanderer's Apprentice
Raj

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh Tex, Oh Tex, will there ever be another true Tex?

mmm... I guess not. They clearly tried as hard as they could. A radio drama. Then a hidden object game that was "Tex-y".

I think Gabe could always come back. The trouble would be to get someone who could write so well.

I would love a Stupid Invaders series. I love the characters.

mmmm.... Day of the Tentacle 2/Maniac Mansion 3?

A true, as opposed to crappy, sequel to The Longest Journey?

Now, I think Syberia has run its course.

Anyone for another game with "Atlantis" in the title?

If it's Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis 2, then count me in!

I think a DIG 2 would be superb. In fact, the golden age of LucasArts could be a gold mine of potential for sequels (beyond monkeys). And... Sierra would be too... but they kind of invented the game series idea, huh?

Hey.... try this one on for size....

AMBER: JOURNEYS BEYOND 2!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I had always hoped someone would continue the story started in The Forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 am

Another "Cameron Files" game could be fun !
Back to top Go down
Raj
Wanderer's Apprentice
Raj

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:37 am

Lady Kastrel!
Yes, yes... The Forgotten is not forgotten!

In fact, I think you open a whole new can of worms!

All those wonderful games that were "Episode One" but never made it to episode any other.

Zelenhgorm is one that comes to mind.

Talk about this, people. Or start a new thread. I would love to see us come up with a list of games that were conceived as a series but never made it to part 2. afro

PS -- I could do with another Post Mortem, Still Life, game.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Good thread this one. Smile Off the top of my head, and apart from Gabriel Knight, I'd say:

Toonstruck (a second was planned) - website may still exist.
Stupid Invaders (a second was planned) - website does exist.
Outcast (a second was planned) - action-adventure - various websites do exist.
Discworld Noir (don't think a second was ever planned)
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:01 pm

I think there are some avenues that could be explored in another Outcry game .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 pm

I would like to see a sequel to Blackstone Chronicles, Jack Orlando and The Moment of Silence. I would like to see the story continue in The Forgotten too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes 'Moment Of Silence 2' would me very welcome, as would 'Blackstone Chronicles 2'. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

Since the title of this thread is "Forgotten Game or Series" I will not mention the obvious games as they are surely Not forgotten and are always listed when threads like this are started. So I will not mention, Syberia, Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight etc. Instead I would like to name a few that are mostly not mentioned IMO.

I would like to agree with Faust and put my vote in for The Cameron Files Series and would love to see what Ang suggested with maybe a Prequel to the Rama game as the game actually took place on the second Rama ship that entered our Galaxy as in Arthur C. Clarke's book series. Only in this game they can leave out the couple of Math puzzles that were in the current game.

Then to add to these I would love to see a continuation of The Journeyman Project series as I loved them all. And how about more of The Dark Side of the Moon, The Messenger, Morpheus or Temujin?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived   Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived Empty

Back to top Go down

Forgotten game (series) that you'd like to see revived
Page 1 of 1