Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why don't you guys talk about these people?

Go down 
+4
HandsFree
Gelert
GreyFuss
thedude
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

Why don't you guys talk about these people? Empty
PostSubject: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 am

Big Blue Cup Adventures

They're a group who gives out free software so you can make your own Adventure games. Many of the ones they have are FREE.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:09 am

Sure...what would you like to say?
Back to top Go down
thedude
Wanderer's Apprentice
thedude

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 am

Naw, I just was wondering why no one mentioned them or reviewed any of the stuff.

Check out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?action=detail&id=430

It's one of my faves.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 am

I think Gelert has a bunch of AGS games in the free games section. You do know the AGS engine was developed by Chris Jones of Tex Murphy fame and it was him I believe that made it free for all to use.

HERE is an interview with Chris Jones about his AGS.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 am

Yes. Quite a few of them are in the Freebies section.

To be honest if I kept track of these games and included them in the database I'd have to give up eating and ZZZZzzzzzz -ing.

Many of them are excellent, I know.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:32 am

GreyFuss wrote:
You do know the AGS engine was developed by Chris Jones of Tex Murphy fame and it was him I believe that made it free for all to use.
That's not the same Chris Jones though...

Dude: the link is not working for me. What game is one of your favs?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm

HandsFree wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:
You do know the AGS engine was developed by Chris Jones of Tex Murphy fame and it was him I believe that made it free for all to use.
That's not the same Chris Jones though...

He's not...wow all these years I thought Chris (Tex) created this back in his Access days. Handsfree, I stand corrected. Thanks for straightening me out. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:38 pm

HandsFree the game that thedude linked to 7 Days a Skeptic by Yahtzee. It is the sequel to 5 Days a Stranger. Both very good games and among my favorites also. I like the other games made by Yahtzee too.

thedude I have a list of AGS that I would recommend and that I had planned to write reviews for. Hopefully sometime in the future. I've been playing the fixed and redone 5 Days a Stranger. It is my favorite.

7 Days a Skeptic

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Just for your information ...

Trilby's Notes is the 3rd in this series and is featured currently on the Adventure Point Home page Here.

As you probably know, each time the Home page is updated, I feature TWO freeware games. Trilby's Notes is one of those at the moment.

The fourth and final part of this series, 6 Days A Sacrifice, is also available and completes the Chzo Mythos quadrilogy.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Trilby's notes was very good also. And so was 6 Days a Sacrifice. I would recommend playing them in order.

There are some other very good free games featured on the homepage. Each telling a little about the game and where to find it. And as Gelert said you can find more games on the homepage listed under free adventures.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:29 pm

thedude wrote:
Big Blue Cup Adventures

They're a group who gives out free software so you can make your own Adventure games. Many of the ones they have are FREE.

Oh, wow! I'm thinking of d/l some of this free software, but on the other hand, I might stick with Adventure Maker.

Thanks for the heads-up. Never knew they were around.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:58 am

thedude, members here talk about AGS games from time to time, especially when a new release comes out that blows the socks off anyone who plays. I've talked up a few of the releases over the years and to this day check out the website every month to see the new releases and what catches my eye. I actually have a lengthy queue of unplayed AGS games I've downloaded and are taking up space on my hard drive. I just wish I had the time to get to everything adventure wise that interests me. <sigh>
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:50 pm

I love AGS games, my fav is the Ben Jordan series can't wait for the newest one to come out. I loved the game (too long ago to remember the name) about the pizza dude delivering the pizza and ends up in other worlds. Build A Better Mouse Trap is another good one. I also like the Cosmos series, it's so much like the old Space Quest games. They have a wonderful selection over at AGS. I tried using their engine once, but couldn't get the hang of programming, but now that I'm a little more knowledgeable I may try doing a game in AGS some day. I'd like to do a game in every engine out there, just to see how good I an catch on now sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:59 am

StarLite Moon wrote:
I'd like to do a game in every engine out there, just to see how good I an catch on now sunny

Did you ever try creating a game with Adventure Maker, Starlite?

I d/l the free edition of AM, tried to create a game using my own digital photos but had trouble with the dialogue, which has me completely stumped on how to make it work as it should.

When I had this problem with the dialogue, I ether (don't recall exactly, so much on mind these days) posted on the AM forums about this dialogue problem, but never got a reply, or tried to register, but never got an "account activation" confirmation email.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi BZ, I looked at Adventure Maker a long time ago but the problem with it was, you have to buy it to make 3rd person games. I guess as far as game engines go it's all in what you are used to. I was used to P&C DK but it was a bad engine. Maybe you should give Wintermute or AGS a try.

Over at Wintermute, they have an area specifically for helping members and you will get a prompt reply. I'm going to be using Wintermute for my next game. It's only been upgraded once since it was created, P&C DK was upgraded sometimes 3 times in a week and still didn't work right. I didn't spend that much time with AGS but their walk cycle is excellent.

What did you use to record your dialog with, Audacity is an excellent recorder and you can change your voice to sound different. If you are using digital photos in your game you should consider Wintermute. The Carol Reed games are done with the Wintermute engine. Hope this helps sunny
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:33 pm

StarLite Moon wrote:
If you are using digital photos in your game you should consider Wintermute. The Carol Reed games are done with the Wintermute engine. Hope this helps sunny

Thank you, so much StarLite, for coming to my rescue here Very Happy

Questions about Wintermute:

1) Can you make a 3D, third person game with this engine (360 degree panning)?

2) Do you have to buy Wintermute? If so how much does it cost?

3) In case Wintermute is free, where do I get it (never heard of it)? Link, please?

4) what is the resolution of the graphics in Wintermute if (actually, when) I use my digital photos in it to make a game?

5) Is there any limit to how many/what size digital photos I can use in Wintermue to make a game?

6) Hopefully, when I use my digital photos in Wintermute, they will look like real in the finished game and not be cartoony graphics (don't like cartoony graphics in games) in the finished game?

Now I think I'll drop (and pass) on Adventure Maker.

StarLite Moon wrote:

What did you use to record your dialog with,

Never recorded any dialogue - it was text-based.

Oh, and another question about Wintermute:

7) Do I have to record (that is, use my own voice, which doesn't sound all that good to me) for the dialogue, or someone else's voice (too much trouble if I have to ask that person (friend/family member) they'll not want to bother, btw I don't want to have to bother them with this?

Cool Is it possible to use text-based dialogue with Wintermute to make a game?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Alien

Since you are wanting to create a game using actual photographs have you thought of contacting Mikael to inquire what engine he uses to make the Carol Reed games? Might be worth a try since he is a great guy.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:11 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Alien

Since you are wanting to create a game using actual photographs have you thought of contacting Mikael to inquire what engine he uses to make the Carol Reed games? Might be worth a try since he is a great guy.

No, never thought of that. What his email address?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 4:27 am

He is a regular poster and a member over at Game Boomers. His Email is under his Profile, Mikael. He is a member here at The Point but his email is not listed.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:41 pm

First of all apologies to theDude for hijacking this thread, sorry about that.

BZ check my other message in the new thread

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't you guys talk about these people?   Why don't you guys talk about these people? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why don't you guys talk about these people?
Page 1 of 1