Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cave in Development

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

The Cave in Development Empty
PostSubject: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:57 pm

The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions, the award wiinning studio behind Psychonauts.

Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers. Each with thier own unique personalities and stories. Then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle. Not to mention a fully armed and ready - to - launch nuclear - tipped ICBM.

The Cave awaits.

Third Person Perspective
Genre Adventure Comedy Fantasy

Developer: Double Fine Productions
Publisher: SEGA

Shipping early 2013 on PC.

The Cave in Development Cave07 The Cave in Development Cave05

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 am

This looks really good. I love 3rd person games like this.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Interesting screenshots! (I don't look at trailers, no particular reason, just don't.)I'm waiting to make up my mind about The Cave, but right now I'm thinking I will probably try it.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 pm

I have the impression that this won't be a classic adventure game. A puzzle jump and run platformer maybe..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Oh no, I sure hope not. The pictures sure look good though.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

From the genre description of "adventure, comedy, fantasy" I assume it will be like Monkey Island (I've never played Maniac Mansion so no clue there) which definitely was not a platformer. However, the description does say that one will have a choice of picking a team of three from seven adventurers, which to me sounds almost like it might be a role-playing type of game and this is why I haven't been able to make up my mind yet. RPGs are not for me! On the other hand, if it does turn out to be a platformer, I might try it, but from the screenshots I can't see any way to jump so that idea intrigues me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cave in Development   The Cave in Development Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cave in Development
Page 1 of 1