Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want a Third Capri Game?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Want a Third Capri Game? Empty
PostSubject: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:13 am

Want a Third Capri Game?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1380071117/the-capri-connection?ref=live

Quote :
Differently from the other two games, The Capri Connection set will be extended from Capri to other gorgeous places nearby, such as the Amalfi Coast, Naples and other islands. The new game, as well as the other two of the trilogy, will be available in two operating modes: Adventure Game Mode and Walking Mode. In Adventure Game Mode the player has to solve a mystery by visiting sites and solving puzzles along the way in order to reach the final solution. In Walking Mode the player just visits the set as a tourist along with a virtual tour guide showing the beauties and the features of each location.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 pm

I'd love to see a new Capri game. But $25 for a copy protected download? Is that a joke?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:22 am

It does seem high HandsFree, but I guess they figure the number of people interested in a game like this are low enough that they need to put a higher price to meet their funding goal. For me, I think I'd just pay $10 more for a boxed copy.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 am

It's (too) high, but what's worse is that it has drm. The want us to trust them with our money before they even started making the game, and then they don't trust us back? There's no way I'm paying anything for a drm infested game.
And paying for the boxed copy doesn't guarantee anything. Most games on disk have drm too now and they don't mention it at all.

The Tex Murply game started with the same mistake but they responded quickly, announcing that their games was drm, dlc and ddt free. Safe for the whole family. Smile
And then I pledged.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:49 pm

I too was put off by the "digital delivery, copy-protected format". It is evident that Silvio must not have done any homework on how to run a successful Kickstarter campaign . Its been a week since its launch and there has not been one Update or video. It doesn't look like they are into any advertisement anywhere either. More like they took a half hour to throw some sceenshots of their other games together, let it ride and hope for the best. I am disappointed in their effort so far. Hope it improves as it is certainly not generating any interest. I am thinking because of the lack of effort and interest there isn't any uproar over the DRM issue. Nobody has added any comments to that affect. In fact there have only been 2 comments in 7 days and they are could be from friends of the developers.

I would love to see a new Capri game however at this rate will they even reach such a modest goal?
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I believe you can only comment if you're a backer. So people that don't want to back the project because of the drm can't make a comment on it either.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 am

I thought that anyone could just ask a question through the button at the bottom of their Kickstarter page but it looks like all you have to do is log into Kickstarter. So you would have to create an account to post a question or a FaceBook account it looks like.
Back to top Go down
geysavarese
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 am

Hi, I am Gey Savarese, the other co-author with Silvio of the Capri Saga game. First, let me thank you all for your valuable discussion. We are totally new to Kickstarter and we are discovering every day how it works. Rolling Eyes

We are also very new in PR (marketing) because all our previous games have been handled by a publisher who took care of everything. So, excuse us for some mistakes!

After reading your critiques, we announced immediately on Kickstarter that there will be no DRS or other types of copy protection in our new game. We have a simple, failsafe proprietary copy protection system, applied in other games of our productions, which never gave any problem to users. It is very sad for us to see e-mule and other pirating sites distributing for free our games requiring years of efforts, but, if you, hence the game community, feel that copy protection is a hassle, we removed it and announced the update on Kickstarter.

You considered the price too high. I agree, it is too high. First, the game is produced in Italy where costs are in Euro, and 1 euro is worth 1,3 $. That means
25$ are 19 euros. I know this is not a problem for a customer, but... Second, we experienced that our games based on photos with few animations and not using drawings, either find super lovers paying any price to get a new game, or people totally disgusted. Believe or not, one of the pledger of The Capri Connection has put 1000$ to encourage us for just one copy of the game!

It is true, there is no detail of the story or any activity progress. There are many reasons for that. 1. We have zero experience in Kickstarter, so at least we can test how many people are out there willing to get the 3rd game of the saga. Even if we don't reach the goal, we may decide to produce the game having identified few people desiring the game and others to be discovered. 2. The game is not started yet. If pledging people are 27 only as of now, very likey we are not going to spend time to make it. 3. We are developers and not PR, so we are not making any effort to find or convince people to buy our new game. We are discovering now that we need to spend a great deal of time for marketing the new game in two months, maybe even stronger than two months of game development! 4. We have a broad idea of the story, but not the detalis. The reason is that in these games with true characters acting as they do in real life, a great part of the plot is tailored around these characters that are discovered as we go around to shoot the photos. The details of the plot are defined while the game is developed, not on the paper before. 4. Of course, we have a one page story well defined, linking the 3rd game somewhat to the first two, but we don't wish to tell what is it. Remember the firsty Myst? The instruction booklet was... empty. You started the game without knowing who you are and what you have to do. This is our model. Maybe in 2013 this is no more a good model and we should publish on Kickstarter this one page story.

Kickstarter works on spreading the word. Maybe you can help us with a list of Adventure Game Forums where we can partecipate and talk with possible backers. As I said, we are quite naif in PR. And Kickstarter does not help in this, because it is closed to critiques from non-backers. So we read only good things about us, while we NEED critiques. So thank you! study
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi geysavarese and welcome to Adventure Point. Thanks for stopping by and explaining about your Kickstarter and also about your game. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
geysavarese
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:09 pm

All right, I am here now, ready to answer to everybody likes to understand how these game are developed and our philosophy to make this kind of game.
I would like to invite other people to this forum. How can this be done?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:23 pm

That would be nice. The process and mechanics of developing a game are interesting to me. I think your philosophy of making the game would be interesting too.

Just send a link of the forum to the people you would like to invite. If they would like to post they can then then join the forum.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
geysavarese
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Bakers of the project are getting already this information. I expect it's up to you to invite people to this forum, so they can be attracted to back The Capri Connection talking directly to me without engaging with Kickstarter (yet).
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey Gey Savarese, good to hear the drm has been dropped! Don't need to reiterate that discussion but I feel very strongly that restricting legitimate buyers is the wrong way to deal with piracy. I will back the project now.
Back to top Go down
geysavarese
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Thank you, HandsFree. Good suggestions must be always well taken.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 am

Thanks Gey for stopping by and I can't wait to play the Capri Connection. BTW, you take beautiful pictures and for as many as you take for these games it must be a full time job.
Back to top Go down
geysavarese
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:23 am

I don't make these games to make money. I make them because I like to invent, I like to free up my fantasy to explore avenues so others follow me in these discoveries. There are so many beautiful places around where I live. It's a pleasure for me to show these pleces to people who don't know them and maybe will never see in their life. The set of classic Adventure Games is mostly dark, while in my games the set is always sunny. Very likely I will develop the new game even though I won't reach the Kickstarter goal. But, at least I need to identify by name and by e-mail the truly lovers of my games so that I can contact them. I love to have passive and active partecipation of players before, while and after the game is completed. Let's say, I am a dreamer, after all...
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Gey

I didn't mean to insinuate that you are looking to make money, only that taking all those pictures is a lot of work and time consuming.

I love all adventure games that use actual photography and a first person perspective. All are done very well. What sets the Capri games apart from some of them is that you can actually walk to all the different places taking in the scenery as you go. But you also offer a map when you want to travel quickly. Another thing that sets the games apart is the two playing modes, Adventure Game and Walking mode, I am not completely sure if any other game uses a walking mode but being able to just walk around the island as if you were a tourist is a wonderful idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want a Third Capri Game?   Want a Third Capri Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Want a Third Capri Game?
Page 1 of 1