Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Aren't those great Mullane.

Its hard to get a Road to India big box that isn't squashed because it was a flimsy box that wasn't supported very well on the inside. Same with Backpacker and Celtica. I love the Cydonia big box much better than the North American release, Lightbringer. A game I enjoyed very much. Seeing the Starship Titanic box brings back fond memories of that game. Good haul. If you give up any more arms and legs you will not have anything left to play the games with. Where do you keep or display your games?
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Yeah. I noticed there was much of an insert in the Road to India box. I wondered if it was the original one when I opened it up, it is horrible.

I thought Cydonia was the American release? It does have the ESRB ratings on it.

I keep all my stuff in my bedroom(s) cupboards (i have too many to fit in my room so I have expanded to others). There isn't room for anything else, but who needs clothes anyway?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Lightbringer was a North American release by Dream Catcher. I always thought the Cydonia was coined by the UK release. We all know how the Adventure Company/Dreamcatcher likes to change the names.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:00 am

Indeed. I remember being largely confused by the Schizm/Mysterious Journey name changing at one point.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:42 am

GreyFuss/Mullane keep stepping it up a notch. It's not enough to find the game boxed, not enought to find the game boxed and sealed, but noooo, the guy has to find these rare games boxed, sealed AND in awesome condition! Your Backpacker and Celtica boxes look perfect. My Celtica box is a bit bowed inward, much like 95% of them I guess.

And OpSys has a boxed version? WTH! All this time I thought my JC version was the only way it was sold. I feel stupid now for not knowing that. Shoot, even mobygames has a picture of the box. I don't know what I was thinking.

Mullane, couldn't help but notice your boxed Perfect Assassin. Now there's a game that nobody ever talks about. Definitely obscure.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:25 am

Lakerz...where have you been? All work and no play makes for no game playing.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 am

lakerz wrote:
My Celtica box is a bit bowed inward, much like 95% of them I guess.
Mine is also bowed, the photo is a lie.

lakerz wrote:

Mullane, couldn't help but notice your boxed Perfect Assassin. Now there's a game that nobody ever talks about. Definitely obscure.
Yeah, I kind of luckily happened across it one day on eBay. I don't really know anything about it.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:28 pm

I can't help myself Very Happy
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 DSC00229
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 DSC00230
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 DSC00231
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Sweet finds ! I'm in the process of acquiring Zelenhgorm . With luck , I'll have it this time next week .
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Please take your time Mullane. There'll be none left for the rest of us! And you have YEARS on most of us!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:35 pm

mmmmmm

Excellent, I prefer this release of Obsidian than the green box. Never saw that version of an Inca box and the Crystal Skull box is a great find. You don't always get to see a big box of The Scroll either since the game was bashed so much.

Keep them coming Mullane. Did you hit the Lottery down there, picked up a second and third job or just taken to robbing banks?
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:40 pm

All 3 really. Robbing banks is a lot harder than I thought.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:52 pm

A couple of new arrivals. I had to find a Robot City to keep up with Mullane. Both games are shrinkwrapped.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 IMGP6030
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 IMGP6036
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Very nice finds GreyFuss. I love the way Robot City looks. Are they both big boxes GreyFuss ? Just fantastic. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:07 am

Robot City is a big box, Madness of Roland is half way between a big box and the size of the boxes that are released nowadays. Not a medium size more like a semi big box.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:18 am

Thank you GreyFuss. Such lovely boxes Smile.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 am

Nice Greyfuss! I haven't heard of Madness of Roland.

Here is my counter offensive.
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 DSC00234
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:37 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Lakerz...where have you been? All work and no play makes for no game playing.

I've been here and there (but rarely everywhere). I'll go through stretches where I won't be online for a stretch (mostly when I start a great book and just can't put it down). Or I'll get in a mood to sit down for a day or two and watch a string of movies and/or TV shows.

I've been playing through Bioshock finally. Always wanted to experience that game, but I had a tricky time getting it to run smooth on my Vista PC. Finally did it though, and the game is fantastic. A bit heavy on the action for my taste, but definitely could be worse in that regard. I'm just soaking up the atmosphere in each area and marvelling at the game as a whole. I have the sequel all ready to load up once I finish this one.

Hey Mullane, are you posting pics of each shipment of games as they come in, or have all these games been a part of your collection for some time now? If this is the pace you are acquiring games, my hat is off to you! You will soon have the same problem that I do, how can one play through all these games in one lifetime? I wish I knew the answer to that one, It would probably require me to quit my job, forget all social contact with family and friends and just play games 24/7.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 3:00 am

lakerz wrote:

how can one play through all these games in one lifetime? I wish I knew the answer to that one, It would probably require me to quit my job, forget all social contact with family and friends and just play games 24/7.

lakerz I have the same problem. If you ever find the answer let me know. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm

lakerz wrote:

Hey Mullane, are you posting pics of each shipment of games as they come in, or have all these games been a part of your collection for some time now? If this is the pace you are acquiring games, my hat is off to you! You will soon have the same problem that I do, how can one play through all these games in one lifetime? I wish I knew the answer to that one, It would probably require me to quit my job, forget all social contact with family and friends and just play games 24/7.

I post them as they arrive in the mail. There has been an unusual amount recently though and I expect it to dry up fairly soon. It is already too late, I have the same problem and in a very bad way. It is quite a conundrum indeed.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 am

A couple of recent arrivals

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 IMGP6076
Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 IMGP6084
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Wow another couple of nice finds GreyFuss. The box art on Torin's Passage is incredible Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:14 pm

A couple of crackers GreyFuss.

Is Dinotopia complete with playing cards?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes Gee, the pack of playing cards are included along with a super sized Manual.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 IMGP6082
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Luverley !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next