Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks Hats..Just ordered it. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Ang you are very welcome, I'm thinking about ordering it too.

mbday630, I don't know if the game is voiced or not. There is a free trial version on the website that you can try.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 am

I got this today . It's a finger print magnet already , but I love it just the same !

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 Dsc00310
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 am

Nice Faust fingerprints and all Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:58 am

I know ! I haven't been using it but a few short hours . Guess I'm going to have to keep a cleaning rag handy ! For the tally books , this is the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate .
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:16 am

Very nice Faust!

Reminds me that I need a new keyboard. I currently have very limited use of the 'W' key, which is quite a problem.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks Mullane !

I was deciding between the BlackWidow , & the Roccat Isku , which was just released . The price was about the same , so I went with the BlackWidow . Besides , the BlackWidow is a mechanical keyboard , & I've got some loyalty to Razer to begin with . I have a friend who works for Razer . The BlackWidow isn't cheap , but it's worth every penny ! It will most likely be the last keyboard I ever buy !

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114012
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:22 am

Not bad at all! Wink
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 am

I'm loving this board so far ! It makes the fabled old "click clack" noise the old IBM keyboards are known for . It's a bit noisy , but something I've already grown used to .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Faust wrote:
I got this today . It's a finger print magnet already

Is that round thing the magnet you are talking about? Is it some kind of sensor lock that can only be unlocked by scanning you fingerprint?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Very very nice Faust. I am partial to Razer as well. I have the Lycosa Mirror keyboard and love it. Shiney things make me happy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:08 pm

The surface of the keyboard is glossy in certain areas GreyFuss . Fingerprints show somewhat easily .

I have the standard version of the Lycosa , Ang , as well as the Tarantula . Practically all my gear is from Razer . Shiny things make me happy also , it's a pain sometimes to keep them clean !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't get it, whats the big deal about a Keyboard? Its just something you punch to type letters and numbers....right? I am still using the multimedia keyboard that came with my Dell Dimension 8300 back in the beginning of 2004. I even have it connected to all 4 of my computers using a KVM switch. The only other feature I use on it is the volume control knob. I even have 2 other brand new Keyboards that I haven't used that came with other computers. So what is the big deal about them?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:03 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
I don't get it, whats the big deal about a Keyboard? Its just something you punch to type letters and numbers....right? I am still using the multimedia keyboard that came with my Dell Dimension 8300 back in the beginning of 2004. I even have it connected to all 4 of my computers using a KVM switch. The only other feature I use on it is the volume control knob. I even have 2 other brand new Keyboards that I haven't used that came with other computers. So what is the big deal about them?

A bit testy , aren't we ? The "big deal" , in this case , is I got a keyboard , probably the last I'll buy . The BlackWidow is a mechanical keyboard , meaning , each key uses it's own mechanical switch . Other boards , such as what you're using GF , use a membrane . A sheet of rubber , with a "dome" over each spot on the circuit board where the key sits . You usually press a key on a rubber dome board completely down before it will register , whereas , with a mechanical board , the key is registered before bottoming out , usually about half way through the key press . This makes for a faster response , both in general typing , & in games . The big advantage of a membrane board over a mechanical board , is membrane boards are almost always quieter . There are mechanical boards on the market now , that have silent keystrokes . Another differences , is price . A normal membrane board can be as cheap as $5 . The cheapest mechanical board I've seen is $80 (Razer BlackWidow "standard" edition ) . Another difference , is life span . A membrane board is normally rated at 10 to 15 million keystrokes , before the membrane will start to wear out . The average keystroke life on a mechanical board is 50 million . Another difference is the back lighting scheme . On a membrane board , only a small area is back lit , & the circuit board distributes the lighting . On a back lit mechanical board , each key is individually lit . There aren't too many mechanical boards that are back lit though . I've seen a few that don't have the letters on the keys . A bit scary actually ! A general difference (s) , between gaming boards & regular boards , besides lighting , is the ability to record macros , which , depending on the game , can come in quite handy . A macro , is a combination of certain keys to accomplish a certain specific task .

I can say this . After having my BlackWidow for the short time that I have , there is no way on earth I think I could ever use a membrane board again , at least at home . If anyone were to use a mechanical board long enough , they just might arrive at the same conclusion . I hope I explained enough !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

Well then I am glad I am not a typist or one who plays keyboard games as I have enough keyboards to last me the rest of my life. cheers
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:33 am

You and me both ! I've got 4 keyboards , including my BlackWidow .
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:41 am

GreyFuss wrote:
I don't get it, whats the big deal about a Keyboard?

It's shiney. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 F020
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:52 am

A new thing is always somehow a big deal. I know for us adventurers id doesn't play a major role, but in general without a (nice) keybord no PC operation can be taken. Cool So I guess it's a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:12 am

Seems to be a lot of negativity about my purchase of a new keyboard . Had I known I would receive this negativity , I never would have posted in the first place ! Remind me to never post in this forum ever again !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 am

I am sorry you feel this way Faust. And I am sorry if you took any of my comments in a negative way, I didn't mean them in that way. I merely was wondering what and why any keyboard made a difference and you explained it very well. I must admit that when first reading your post I really thought you were talking about a Fingerprint Magnet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Faust...you better not stop posting all your new Razer toys on this forum. I love Razer and very fond of blue lights and always love to see who has what. ...what's new..what's old ..from PC toys to games to whatever on this forum. Very Happy
You would be missed.
Sad
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Speaking of lights...do they serve any purpose besides looking nice? Can you read the keys in a dark room? Aren't they a distraction from playing a game and viewing the screen?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Yes...you can read the keys in a dark room . No distraction at all. If I turn it off, the keys are black. I can turn on just the WASD keys if I need to. Smile
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 pm

It arrived today from the UK! The King of old and (now also) new adventure games! Very Happy sunny

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 9781743

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:25 am

AngDMC wrote:
I can turn on just the WASD keys if I need to. Smile

That must come in handy for playing those keyboard controlled games. Big reason why I don't like keyboard games, I have to turn my attention away from the screen to see where the keys I need are. Do they make a mini keyboard with only the arrow or WASD keys on them or would a controler pad be better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next