Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge

Go down 
+10
Gonchi
Jen
StarLite Moon
HandsFree
lakerz
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 11:13 pm

Wow, what an amazing thread, it's like an air whirling in canvas.

AngDMC:
Thank you for stunning pic of "Romantic Blue, The" - No matter how hard I tried, no matter how many tears I virtually shed to obtain a legitimate copy from its author, it's still elusive and escaping me... and I was told ~3,000 units were sold.
I'm starting to think not on this planet.

Gelert:
You have lately acquired some really nice gems. Congrats!
I can clearly see it -- one day there'll be a place with all the adventure games collected by one man, and this will be called not the Gallery but "Gelerty".
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 283947

EDIT: Later this week I'll take and post some pics of mine obscurinas.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:05 am

Wallymian I think you are right about The Romantic Blue. I've been looking for it for a long long time. Ang is the only one I know who has a copy. So where are those other 2,999 copies ? scratch

I will be interested to see your obscure games Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:12 am

hatshepsut wrote:
. . . . I will be interested to see your obscure games Smile
.............. and, believe me, Wallymian certainly has some rare and obscure ones. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:07 am

Thank you GreyFuss for the reference to my sale. I hope AngDMC will enjoy the Wild Divine experience. farao Instead of cash payment, I (kindly) offered to exchange the Wild Divine package for the boxed 'The Romantic Blue'. I haven't heard back yet on that one, hehehe. Something tells me that there may be 3000 copies of the game sold, but somehow 2,999 are locked up in a warehouse somewhere.....or maybe locked up in a forgotten room in castle GreyFuss?

I admit to not knowing nearly as many true hard core collectors as Gelert, but I'm also curious to see any pictures posted by Wallymian. That guy has a solid knack for tracking down many a rare or obscure adventure gem. If Gelert and Wallymian were to combine their adventure game treasures, I doubt anybody other than a very few people could match all of the amazingly hard to find pristine copies they possess. <but nope, I'm not jealous in the slightest bit.........> drunken

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:55 pm

lakerz wrote:
. . . . Something tells me that there may be 3000 copies of the game sold, but somehow 2,999 are locked up in a warehouse somewhere.....or maybe locked up in a forgotten room in castle GreyFuss?

Despite what he says, I sometimes wonder if a certain Mr William R. Fisher III has retained the remaining 2,999 copies of this game. It would possibly turn out to be 'a nice little nest egg'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Now when reading your nice replies, I think I'll start blushing (if I'm not already doing it right now). Thank you!

But honestly, the collection of Gelert must be worth a picture, and GreyFuss leave no doubt to have some solid collection pillars (based on an account of pics he posted), and many others here, too.
When putting together "this" and the "other" a solid adventure game history might come into existence. sunny

When resume to The Romantic Blue, it belongs to my the most searched gems, but even any sort of information is so scarce and rare -- and then suddenly a thunder cracked down from heaven to reveal a pic of the package content. For me a day worth putting into a calendar.

There are two legit owners I know about up to this day; and Ang might be the first one making some solid review and share her impression with all of us who search for it desperately high-and-low.
Maybe just taking some in-game screenshots will brisk up a blood stream not even in my body, right? Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 706417
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:04 pm

I'd love to see a few screenshots too. They'd be splendid additions to the Adventure Point database. How about it Ang? Pleeeeeease! Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 198661
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Go back to page 3 of Obscure games. Ang posted pictures of Romantic Blue there. Smile

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

PostSubject: Alice - Demonstration version   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:19 pm

I'd like to support this thread with some pictures of mine, sharing my favourite artefact:
Alice - Interactive Musem -Demonstration Version- exclusively published for Macintosh platform in Japan only.

It's truly unique edition packaged in extra big red-linen box with sort of welcome message, deck of playing-cards and hand-drawn picture that's a piece I'm really proud of to be a part of my collection.

Box (stripped off a paper sleeve)
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 Alice110
Content

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 Alice211

Welcome message and signatures of the creatore
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 Alice310
Back to top Go down
Wallymian
Wanderer's Apprentice
Wallymian

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Ang, please count me voice to consideration, too. Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 620270
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Wow! Wallymian. That is absolutely FABULOUS! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm

That is beautiful Wallymiam. Do you have the slipcover? BTW...welcome to The Point!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Oh Wow Wallymian !!! That is just beautiful Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:29 am

Dang Wallymian, just when I think I've seen it all. I had not a clue that something like that even existed. That's really unique and obscure all right. What a perfect fit for this thread. cheers How much of the game does the demo cover, given that the full game wasn't really that much of a game?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Welcome to The Point Wallymian and..............OH MY GOODNESS!!! What a sight . Beautiful!!
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:58 pm

I believe this is the ideal thread to present this game. I've never seen a copy of it on sale on Ebay or Amazon or another on-line site and there is no mention of it on mobygames so I guess that very few people have ever heard of it. It had been on sale for several years in a bookstore close to my neighborhood for only 6 Euros (about 5 GBP). All that time I 'd been ignoring it , thinking it was some kind of "edutainment" title or "interactive book" for kids , until one day , just out of curiosity , I picked it up and took a look at the back of the box: "a challenging multi-stage adventure jam-packed with exciting twists and turns" , "choose from three characters" , "explore more than 60 locations" etc. I was intrigued by the description and I thought "what the heck...I have nothing to lose , it's only 6 Euros..." so I bought it. I am sure glad I did since "Wu Kung:A Legendary Adventure" proved to be a traditional point'n'click adventure , and quite a good one , with a variety of places to explore , lots of inventory-based puzzles and even different characters to play as. The SVGA graphics are beautiful and reminded me a lot of "Kingdom:The Far Reaches" and "Shadoan" but unlike these two games , "Wu Kung" has real puzzles to solve. I wish I could show you some screenshots but unfortunately the game is designed for Windows 3.1 and apart from the introduction which plays fine , the actual game won't run on Windows XP or 7. However , you can check out a few nice screenshots on the back of the box. The only let-down is the speech , which is totally amateurish but I can live with that. After some research on the Internet , I found out that the game is based on a series of books with Wu Kung , a monkey with human intelligence who has magical abilities , as the protagonist.

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 WuKung_front
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 WuKung_back

Overall, a great game that is a lot of fun to play. If you ever find it somewhere and you have an old computer that can play it, pick it up !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:17 pm

Very interesting Emanuel, Thanks for sharing this, the pictures are very nice. Strange,,,I wonder if any other of the members here have heard of it.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Wallymian wrote:
When resume to The Romantic Blue, it belongs to my the most searched gems, but even any sort of information is so scarce and rare -- and then suddenly a thunder cracked down from heaven to reveal a pic of the package content. For me a day worth putting into a calendar.

There are two legit owners I know about up to this day; and Ang might be the first one making some solid review and share her impression with all of us who search for it desperately high-and-low.
Maybe just taking some in-game screenshots will brisk up a blood stream not even in my body, right? Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 706417

Wallymian..to be honest I have not played The Romantic Blue yet. I do plan on it though. I held on to my WIN98 PC. So many games...So little time.Sad

emmanuel5..Nice box shots. I have not heard of this game..and now it is added to my Seek & Find list. Smile
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:58 pm

Well , AngDMC and GreyFuss , it's not just you. I have never met anyone who has heard of this game! When I have the time , I'll write a review of it to inform other adventure gamers of its existence.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I own a JC copy of Wukung and I played it just the other week in fact. I'm not sure but I have read reviews of this game and there seems to some differences in versions. One review I read stated that you get to play as a fourth character, but in the one I have there is only 3.
And what is even stranger is that there is all this artwork and music and videos that aren't included in the game but are on the disc and on the back of that box you posted. The game overall is pretty good but it feels really unfinished and rushed, and you wind up having loads of unused items, all of which you could easily fit through the gaping plot holes.

Maybe there is actually more than 1 game? Perhaps it is a series, and no one knows about it because finding info on it is incredibly difficult.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm

Mullane

You never cease to amaze me Smile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 am

This game is in the Adventure Point database, and it's one I've been chasing for ages. I know of two people who have it but they're not keen on trading for what I've offered them. The two versions I know of are Monkey King and Legendary Adventure. I had no idea if the game itself differs between versions though. Here's the link to it on the database: WuKung
Back to top Go down
emmanuel5
Opportunist Explorer
emmanuel5

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am

Well , I'm happy to see that this game is not so obscure after all and there are other people (at least one other person!) who have heard of it and actually played it!

I don't really know if Wu Kung:Monkey King and Wu Kung:A Legendary Adventure are actually the same game but the screenshots in the adventure game database are definitely from the game I presented.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah,the screen shots in the database are the same as the game I have as well so they may not be different at all. But I just remember reading a review of the game like a year ago and the author talked about things that I didn't experience in the game. Also the art on the back of your box emmanuel doesn't appear at all when I play through my version. Odd

Here is my version if anyone is interested. (dont mind the plate)
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 DSC00082
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:54 am

The version that I've heard about is titled WuKung: Monkey King. I think that is the one that Mullane has. I'm not sure either if there is a difference between the two versions. I don't hear much talk (any talk) about this game in general, so yep this is a good entry into the obscure list. Thanks for posting about it emmanuel5 including the screenshot and you also Mullane for posting your version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next