Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge

Go down 
+10
Gonchi
Jen
StarLite Moon
HandsFree
lakerz
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:06 am

I have Ghosts and Reah in jc cases and I have Rent a Hero in a big box. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:17 am

I have all of those on your list HF. Haven't played them all yet. I also have Queensryche's Promised Land. That looks brand spankin new GF. Smile
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:50 am

I still have Welcome To The Future, in mint condition. I will not part with this game. It's my pride and joy. Anyone remember it sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:30 am

AngDMC wrote:
I have all of those on your list HF. Haven't played them all yet. I also have Queensryche's Promised Land. That looks brand spankin new GF. Smile

It looks like I have to visit the thrift store back of our house more often - but my family allows me to go looking for games in all my favorite haunts only once a month - but don't you other Pointers here get to buy games as often as you like, or does your families put limits on you guys, too? (just curious)

Guess I've got to go looking next month in the hopes that I'll find Promised Land!

Ang, I'm wondering - how and where did you ever get such a huge collection of adventure games for the PC?

I started buying games 10 - 15 years ago, but trimmed my buying from action & adventure to adventure about 5 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:06 pm

I have (or had; I haven't looked at what's left of my collection in a long time) Backpacker, Liath, Reah, and Louis Cat Orze (with box).

What about Bad Day on the Midway? Or Kama Sutra?

I once had a CD-R (legit; it came to me from a potential publisher who got it from the developer) of the English version of Hollywood Monsters. That's probably the rarest game I've ever held in my hands.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi Jen Nice to see you...Hollywood Monsters has been on my seek and find list for a long time. I have The Residents Bad Day on the Midway boxed. I had 2 at one time but sold one.I also have The Residents Freak Show complete. I have a cd version that will go up for sale soon. Smile Have not heard of Louis Cat Orze . Will have to look that one up.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Hi Jen,

"English version of Hollywood Monsters. That's probably the rarest game I've ever held in my hands." I've got one too. Smile One of my most precious possessions.

Louis Cat Orze in a box! Wow! Smile I've looked for the box for ages. study

Yes. I have Kama Sutra, Bad Day and Freak Show complete too. I've also got Reah as the DVD version - 1 disk - Whoopee!

Amogst the quirky items I have is a Hard Evidence: The Marilyn Monroe Files that came with a neatly folded Marilyn Monroe cardboard carrier bag! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 10:54 pm

StarLite Moon wrote:
I still have Welcome To The Future, in mint condition. I will not part with this game. It's my pride and joy. Anyone remember it sunny
I have that one with the big box, Starlite, but haven't played it yet.

I have Bad Day on the Midway (jewel case) and also The Resident's Freak Show (box), but haven't gotten around to them yet.

Two more-or-less obscure ones I own are Foul Play: Mystery at Awkward Manor (sealed box) and this one, which I have played:
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 PM
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 2:57 am

Some very unique and rare games listed here indeed. (as my seek and find list gets longer) I have 2 boxed Welcome To The Future , one is sealed. Gelert I too have Hard Evidence: The Marilyn Monroe Files boxed but not a cardboard carrier bag. I paid $12.00 for it a couple of years ago. Yes I did do the happy dance at the time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 5:01 am

I have Puppet Motel, too, not a box, just a DVD case. Maybe they were all like that? Also Devo: Adventures of the Smart Patrol, which I'm not sure is adventure. It's sealed, and I was never motivated enough to play it to crack it open.

I got rid of a bunch of my games last time I was in decluttering mania. I only kept out a handful of the real peaches in the hope of retiring off my eBay proceeds in 20 years or so :p I gave a bunch to my friend Scout and packed the rest of them off to Goodwill.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:02 pm

I have Welcome to the Future, Bad Day on the Midway, and Hard Evidence: The Marilyn Monroe Files all in big boxes. I don't have the card board carrier either.

Louis Cat Orze in a box wow very nice. I think that one is a little hard to find. I've been looking for it for a while now.

I have Dive: The Conquest of Silver Eye in a big box.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:29 am

Okay Gelert, I'll call your Torcher: Arsonist of Evil and raise you a:

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 Lakerzgames

Hehe, in all seriousness though, I've never heard of Torcher. It figures that you are always the one to bring about a really obscure title (to me at least). Reading up on it, it sounds.....interesting. geek I may just have to track down a copy now.

For those who wonder how those of us have acquired these random games like A.D. 2044 and Hollywood Monsters to our collection, all I can say is years and years of ebay disappointment (and occassional success) as well as general internet search discipline and a never give up attitude. Not many people will find all of what they are looking for (I'm still looking for a boxed copy of 'Who's Fat Lou?'), but those who really want them will find them at some point.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:24 am

After giving it a lot more thought, this is the list of obscure games I thought of that I own(or used to own). I'm not including games that IMO are ultra rare to find like 'Treasure Hunter', 'Who's Fat Lou?', 'Blobjob', or 'Alice Interactive'. I'm only including games that I think people who have an interest in them have a chance of acquiring without mortgaging their life away. I left off a few that others have already brought up like the games that the band 'The Residents' put out, etc. I also left out those titles that are rare but I think are relatively well known like 'Celtica' and 'The Gene Machine'. Of course I admit I'm an idiot so my post may be non-sensical, haha.

Agharta
Alien Incident
Area D
Backpacker
Bad Milk
Bermuda Syndrome
BioSys
Blackout (foreign)
Blue Heat
Dogday
Down In The Dumps
Evidence
GAG
Gord@k
Gothos
Hamlet
Heaven's Dawn
In The Shadow Of The Raven
Isle Of The Dead
Jack Orlando (original version)
Hariboy's Quest
Lords Of Tantrazz
Net Zone
Night Cafe
Terra Topia
Terror T.R.A.X.
Nightfall
On Assignment
Opsys
PC 187
Perfect Assassin
Philip Marlowe Private Eye
Piri The Explorer Ship
Psycho-Killer
Search For The Golden Dolphin
SFPD Homicide
Sign Of The Sun
Sophie's Choice
Spud
Synnergist
The Quivering
The Sacred Mirror Of Kofun
The Sydney Mystery
Time Paradox
Town With No Name
Trick Or Treat
Who Is Oscar Lake?
Zeddas: Servants Of Shoel
Zelenhgorm
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

Cracking list LakerZ

I have to admit, I think you take the biscuit as far as obscure games is concerned, at least on two counts. As you say, we're talking here about obscure and not, necessarily hard to find and costly to acquire. Just obscure and probably hard to find without the costly bit ............... now I'm getting confused!

As far as I'm concerned, my eyes fell on On Assignment and PC 187, the latter being especially obscure. Did that come in just jewel case Mr LakerZ, or did it come/does it exist in a box?

I know Blackout is ultra obscure, (and pretty cool to-boot), from our past exchanges, and Heaven's Dawn - did that also come ina box?

. . . . and you're another one with a box for your Louis Cat Orze. Well done indeed! Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 401808

A word of warning about Torcher, which I haven't broken the seal on so I can't tell you for sure. It does say, on the back, that it contains some action, but other sources describe it as an Adventure and as a detective mystery game. I'm pretty sure it has action anyway, and also that it's a pretty BAD game. :o)
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:19 pm

lakerz wrote:

Zelenhgorm

I have this one too.
Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 Zelenhgorm-1
the dev created this as part of a series of 3 parts, which would have been 2 sequels (parts 2 & 3) after this game, but he died after completing this first part.

I recall that I bought this one on ebay around this time of the year in 2007 from a seller in the Netherlands and it was the only ebay copy available on all of ebay, since amazon had no copies.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:38 am

Absolutely Gelert! I know it's completely subjective, but I tried to leave out the rarish but also well known adventure games like 'Ghosts' and 'Cassandra Galleries'.

I'm almost 100% positive that both 'On Assignment' and 'PC187: Death Dot Commer' came in jewel case form only. I remember ordering them both directly from the developer. I think that Heaven's Dawn was released in box form, but the copy I managed to snag (and later sold) was jewelcase only.

K515: Isn't it sad that there will be no more Zelenhgorm games to finish up the series? What a shame...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:24 am

lakerz wrote:

K515: Isn't it sad that there will be no more Zelenhgorm games to finish up the series? What a shame...
Initially I thought this, too, but I later realized,"Not really - b/c one of the challenges in Part 1 calls for quick reflexes (which I don't have) in order to win a set of cards (or something else) that would be needed in Part 3, and even if all the parts had been made had the dev lived to finish them, I would've ended up feeling quite frustrated b/c my reflexes were too slow to win what was needed in Part 3, and I might've had gotten rid of Parts 1 - 3 only to regret it later, considering they might be hard to find (and costly!)."
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:11 am

lakerz wrote:

It is sad that there will be no more Zelehgorm games to finish the series. I've played a couple of games that the series wasn't finished and I thought it was to bad that they weren't finished. No

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gonchi
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:57 am

I think that my rarest game is probably The Dark Half by Capstone, which isn't really all that rare. Otherwise, it's possibly Spiderman: The Sinister Six or Point of View, though I have the DVD release which is easier to find than the CD-Rom version. Pretty much everything else I own is fairly common.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:50 pm

I was rumaging through some game bins this morning and thought I would pull out The Romantic Blue. Smile It may be obscure?

Published by:CrystalVision Brand Software
Developed by:WRF Studios
Released:Jun, 1994
Platform:DOS
Genre:Adventure
Perspective:1st-Person Perspective
Horror, Puzzle-Solving

Set in a remote 19th century village, The Romantic Blue is a love story and adventure game with a horror theme.

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 CIMG1313-600x500

SoftLab Laboratories was founded in 1988 by pioneer adventure game developer William R. Fisher III. Bill Fisher developed and released his first independent, shareware game, Last Half of Darkness, for MS-DOS in 1989.
The company was called William R. Fisher III Studios in 1994 when the game The Romantic Blue was commercially released on CD-ROM (published by CrystalVision Software).
In 2000, an updated version of Last Half of Darkness was released for Windows on CD-ROM, developed and published by WRF Studios.
The Last Half of Darkness series continued with the release of two more games: the Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the Servants (2005) and Beyond the Spirit's Eye (2007).
The company continues to develop, publish and produce adventure games. Its latest project is Last Half of Darkness: Tomb of Zojir released in 2009.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:00 pm

That's a new one on me, Ang. Have you played it?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi LK. No I haven't. I forgot I had it . Neutral I will play it though. I held on to my WIN98 PC so I will put it in that TBPP(to be played pile). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Ang Smile The Romantic Blue very nice indeed. Very obscure and rare I think Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:08 pm

LadyK

Quote :
I have that one with the big box, Starlite, but haven't played it yet.

If you get to play Welcome To The Future. The singer in the game is Lisle Engle. He loaned me his music for my game. He's got a great voice. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:50 pm

Hello, I'm back. Does this one count as obscure?

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 Secretoflarsonsfolly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge   Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Obscure Adventure games - A Challenge
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next