Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:43 pm

This is in the General Trivia section for good reason.

IceBerg Interactive have kindly provided a brand new, sealed copy of Darkness Within II: The Dark Lineage, and it's up for grabs!

Unlike some of the previous Adventure game head-scratchers I've tortured you with, this time it's a movie quiz.

All you have to do is identify the movie from the phtograph I'll post in this thread. I have TEN to post. So whoever gets the most right wins the game. If it's a draw we'll have a tie-breaker photograph, with the first person to get it winning the game.

BUT (you know me by now), there's a catch! The photograph is scrambled and I'll reveal a clearer image as we go along.

The person getting most of the ten right (or the tie-breaker, if needed), wins the game.

Post your answers in the thread. First person to post the correct answer wins that particular round. Very Happy

P.S. : I've tried to pick movies that cover a wide spectrum of tastes.

Approximate 'Next reveal' times are shown below each picture.

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.

Last edited by Gelert on Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:59 pm

Round 1 : Level 1

Next reveal ~2 a.m. GMT

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:02 am

Oh another devilish contest. Twisted Evil Thank you Gelert and Iceberg Interactive for providing Darkness Within II: The Dark Lineage. And good luck to all the contestants

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 am

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:51 am

Nope.

Round 1 : Level 2

Next reveal ~tomorrow

Last edited by Gelert on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:06 am

Bridge to Terabithia

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Well done Ang! 1 to you. cheers

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:21 pm

Round 2 : Level 1

Next reveal ~10 p.m. GMT

Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:07 pm

Hmmm...kinda looks like my granite counter tops, I am pretty sure there is no movie about them though.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Round 2 : Level 2

Next reveal not before 3 p.m. GMT tomorrow

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:56 am

AngDMC wrote:
Hmmm...kinda looks like my granite counter tops, I am pretty sure there is no movie about them though.
lol! I was thinking it was a snowy tv screen.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:24 pm

You're devious, Gelert, but I think it's The Usual Suspects
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:34 pm

SuperEdy wrote:
You're devious, Gelert, but I think it's The Usual Suspects

How the HE****************!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did you get that SuperEdy?

Have you got mosaic eyes?

Next still not before 8 p.m. GMT tonight. That is not earlier than 4 hours from now.

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 pm

AngDMC and SuperEdy each have 1 point.

Back to top Go down
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:44 pm

If you start from the eye you can rebuild enough of the face to recognize Kevin Spacey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Other than cutting up all those little squares and rearranging them, I don't see how he did it either, Gelert! Amazing!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 pm

I'm with you Lady K. I just don't see how he did it either. scratch I'm amazed. Fantastic start Ang and Superedy. Although I must say I'm just a tad disappointed that it wasn't a movie about granite counter tops Laughing

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Fantastic start Ang and Superedy. Although I must say I'm just a tad disappointed that it wasn't a movie about granite counter tops Laughing

hatshepsut

lol..hats. That movie would be a real yawner. Neutral I don't know how he did it so fast either. With the first one..as soon as I saw the dog in the little square, I found the movie. Not an eyeball. lol
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:27 pm

Granite the Counter Top Movie would be a yawner lol. I didn't see the little dog in the picture, I only saw the girl and the rope. I was on completely the wrong track identifying the movie though. scratch lol

The second movie I didn't see an eye. Even knowing it's there I don't see it lol

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:44 pm

Round 3 : Level 1

Next reveal not before 7 a.m. GMT tomorrow. That's no earlier than 9 hours from now. What a Face

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Raiders of the Lost Ark

YES!!! ............... no.

Next reveal for this movie tomorrow, as stated above. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Round 3 : Level 2

Not much better, I admit, but look carefully. What a Face

Next reveal not before 8 p.m. GMT today. That's no earlier than 4 hours from now. What a Face

Back to top Go down
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Maybe The Sound of Music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   Today at 8:18 am

Back to top Go down

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next