Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:51 pm

UUUUUUGH!

Family reunion episode.....I know that there are serious Survivor fans that love these episodes but I for one don't. Especially now. This is the last episode, isn't this far later than ever for this mushy gushy stuff? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:55 pm

Family reunion well thats disappointing.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Well GreyFuss what do you think about last nights episode ? I couldn't believe what I was hearing at tribal. I think it takes some incredibly thick skin to be as smug and say the things that Holly, Sash and Chase said. And what is wrong with Dan is he deaf ? They had the chance to get rid of Holly but they vote Jane out ?What possible chance do Fabio or Dan have of making it to final three ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 6:30 pm

I think Fabio has a good chance if he wins immunity. Poor Jane was terribly naive to think that any alliance is safe in this game. However, I think her plea at tribal was smart....to get she, Fabio and Dan to form an alliance and vote out Holly. But if you noticed in the final vote...even Jane voted for Sash....which was a wasted vote knowing that he'd play his immunity idol. So even if Fabio and Dan had voted out Holly....Jane still would have been gone. Sometimes I just don't understand why people do what they do in this game.

I think that Holly and Dan will be gone next. I think Chase will want to keep Sash since he thinks he can beat him in a vote. Fabio knows he needs to win immunity. The guys could determine that Holly is a threat to get votes since she has played a pretty much honest ...and generous...game. Dan is worthless...but he won't get any votes. He's been the ultimate tag-along. He's been complaining so much, I suspect that Chase, Sash, and Holly will vote him off next presuming Fabio gets immunity. Then the guys will turn on Holly. That leaves the three guys to get jury votes. Fabio hasn't really betrayed anyone...so he edges out the other two and wins the million.

That's my guess.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi all

I agree with Jane naivety but why do every year we see people that think they don't have to play because they have an alliance and they have done everything for the others and didn't back stab. I know that the mind and emotions have to be at all time lows and hard to think straight without much food and sleep but come on, these people have watch the show before. There is no entitlement. Can't believe how such a grown woman acted like such a child and put the fire out. Instead of trying to figure a way to save herself because she had valuable information that she was going she pouted and acted like a spoiled brat. True colors are shown when one faces adversity.

Speaking of Jane knowing she was going home...what the heck where Holly, Chase and Sash thinking when they told her? A very bad move which resulted in Jeff embarrassing them in front of the other players and Jury at Tribal. Wouldn't have it been better to just tell her they were voting out Dan and then blindside her at Tribal? Sure she will be mad but she would be at Ponderosa because she didn't see it coming. I have to question that strategy especially since now any of the 3 probably wont get her vote in the end if they make it.

The family visit shows. You know I am not a fan of them and I do see why they are liked and the tripping up of ones game plans that can result. If I were in the game if the Family show challenge is for reward only I would throw it as I would not want to pick who goes with me. After all, come on its not like these people haven't seen there loved ones in years or are not ever going to see them again. Wouldn't want to throw my game out the window after all this time when the game has only a few days left and I will see plenty of my loved ones then. Now.....on the other hand...when the family challenge is for Immunity as they have done on other seasons, thats a different story if I felt I needed it.

I am also not a fan of Jeff getting to involved with "The Game" at Tribal council. He has done this more and more over these last seasons. IE. he actually did the strategy for Jane last night and he shouldn't be that much of an influence on the game. Speaking of that, while watching the Tribal unfold I thought Jeff's plan was a great one. Too bad the little baby Jane (get it) wasn't smart enough to think of trying something like that after the 3 told her she was going home instead of being such a immature child. At the time I thought it was right but I have learned a possible scenario that might have took place. Here it is...

First vote: 3 votes for Jane, 3 votes for Holly.
Re-vote: Jane and Holly can't vote, so 2 votes for Jane, and 2 for Holly. (assuming nobody flips)

So they do the purple rock tie-breaker. Fabio, Chase, Sash, Holly and Jane are immune. Fabio due to his immunity win, Chase and Sash with their hidden immunity idols, and Holly/Jane since they were the ones being voted for in the first place. That leaves only 1 person who could be booted - Dan.

There have been rumblings that Sash did something at Tribal that was not shown. Could it have been that he brought this scenario up before everyone and that is why Dan and Fabio didn't change and vote for Holly and why Baby Jane wasted her vote and gave it to Sash because she was mad at him? Hmmmm

BTW....I can't Stand seeing the quitters on the show, you won't know how much this has disturbed my viewing and now Jeff has said he is going to talk to her at the Finale Reunion on Sunday. Pretty bad season when the only player that is talked about is a quitter.

I like talking to you guys...er...ladies.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm

I agree with everything you said, GF. Jane let her emotions get the best of her instead of thinking things through. Plus you are so right about them telling her to her face that they would vote her out. What the heck???? "Okay....we're going to be honest with you rather than backstab you at tribal." "So you'd rather backstab me now than later." "Yes....but we're being HONEST with you...so you shouldn't be upset." Hell..if Jane were thinking, she could have tried to get to Fabio and Dan before tribal. But alas....she did not think, but rather reacted rather violently. True colors. But she did cry for the chicken. Wink
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:54 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

You are too funny JK
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 2:00 am

I agree Jane acted terribly immature and completely lost her wits. I was just surprised that the other three didn't vote Holly out. About that chicken and Jane crying over, well I do feel a little sorry for the chicken but for crying out loud (no pun intended) didn't Jane go on a food award that day and weren't the others back at camp starving ? I think it's pretty naive of anyone whether they are in an alliance or not to think they aren't going to be lied to or stabbed in the back. I predict also that they are going to get rid of Holly next. If Fabio goes to final three I think he'll end up the winner. If Dan goes to final three I think he'll go to final three. I don't think any of them did anything great enough to be the winner, except maybe Fabio who I thought cried better than anyone else.

So you think Jeff will talk to the quitter ? Incredible.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Could this whole season boil down to who Quitter 1 and Quitter 2 choose for the sole survivor. Think about this...all jurors check into the Ponderosa with some kind of emotional baggage from their torch being snuffed from the game. Whether it be from mistreatment or blindsides to those they trusted betrayed them. These factors often times weigh very heavily on how their finale vote will be. What do the quitters have....NOTHING.... so their 2 votes will more than likely be easy targets to be swayed by the game that still is being played at the Ponderosa. What a terrible thing. I will still be watching the 3 hour marathon tonight but I am still p---ed that these quitters should have any say. There are big rumblings around the Internet on this subject. I wonder if this will be addressed tonight or in interviews after the live show.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 pm

After watching last night's episode...

Dan pulled a "Jane". After advocating for everyone to vote off Holly, he himself votes Sash! WT&%#@??????? Apparently these contestants can't even convince themselves when they try to avoid being "offed." Rolling Eyes

The final vote...may well have come down to the quitters. 5 votes Fabio, 4 votes Chase....who probably has a future in country-western music. We only know 4 of the votes for sure.

It was good to see Sash get no votes in the finals. What a liar! Fabio did it when he had to. Kudos to him in winning 3 immunity challenges in a row! But....I liked him better in Nicaragua. He was even wierder in LA. He also turned out to be a bit of a "fibber"...I'm going to help my Mom....oh and I'm going to start my own production company and travel the world to "connect dots." (Sorry, Mom) Alina was right. He's a boy.

Interesting story about Jimmy Johnson.

In all, last night's reunion show was a real bore. (Should have watched the football game. Wink )

What do you all think of "Redemption Island?"

Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:42 pm

Well...at it stands, the two quitters did determine the outcome of the game. According to a couple of websites I visited, the final vote was:

Chase: Holly, Brenda, Alina, and Jane (if you watch her video on the "secret scenes" at cbs.com, she didn't think Fabio knew the value and how hard it is to earn money.)

Fabio: Benry, Marty, Dan, Naonka , and Purple Kelly

So...GF....depending on who you were rooting for, the quitters swayed the vote to Fabio.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 am

Hi JK

Actually I don't ever have a favorite in Survivor I believe that whoever is the last one standing is the only one that deserves it no matter how they got there.

What was up with Dan at Final tribal. Why do so many players think they have the right to berate others as liars and cheaters...haven't they ever watched Survivor before? Nobody has ever won this game without dirt on there hands...geesh, its a game and you got out played. Speaking of final tribal who thought that pussy footin Chase would come with an aggressive approach. Must have grown a backbone with that great breakfast they got. Bought him a few votes I would think.

About the show...I thought that first challenge was terrible. It started out great but once they had all their puzzle pieces it was obvious what it was and if you weren't smart enough to see if Jeff tells them what it is. And I wasn't impressed with the final challenge either, better that one for the final five. I am one that thinks the final challenge should involve some kind of endurance to see who could stand it longer for the right to pick who you sit next to in the finale.

I wonder how many people who voted for Jane to win the 100 thou were sorry after watching what she turned into and her even more childish behavior at the Ponderosa.

I agree JK...this Finale was one of the worst. It may have a lot to do with the cast was so boring. I mean they must have known how boring they were to have all the fill in stuff like Boston Rob, Terry Bradshaw and Chase singing. Sash must have been very embarrassed, shut out and shut down by Jeff. That Shannon is a piece of work isn't he. The only bright spot was Jimmy Johnson for sure. I wish he would have lasted a bit longer in the game.

Take a listen to Holly's red carpet interview HERE Now tell me she doesn't sound exactly like Sara Palin?

JK...are those the official final votes? I have been trying to find the official votes on CBS. They usually have a video of them voting but I can't find it. I have seen two versions on the forums. One says that the quitters negated each others vote by splitting in which case they meant nothing and another site lists what you have said.

I am so glad that at least they have addressed the quitting issue but not definitely. They want to be able to keep a quitter in case they are the best for the show which I still disagree with.

On another note....what the heck was Fabio saying at the live show Rolling Eyes and lets not even get into where Wendy was coming from scratch

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 am

I was astounded that Dan and Jane could say the things they did at final tribal. I don't know if that happened at other final tribal or not but I thought it was unfortunate. I didn't think Jeff looked to happy when Jane was speaking.

It was pretty funny I thought that Chase suddenly got some backbone at final after being so wishy washy the whole season.

I don't have a clue what Fabio was saying. But it sounded like if he doesn't settle down he'll be broke by next week.

The part about Jimmy Johnson was interesting. Other than that the show was just not impressive. But I thought the whole season was less than impressive.

What is this Redemption Island all about ? Have they done this before ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:28 pm

OMG, GF! Holly does sound like Sarah Palin Shocked (Is this what some really want for President? affraid )

I couldn't fine an official cbs link either, GF, for the final votes. I even replayed the ending to episode 15 hoping they would show it, but they didn't. I just googled and got diverted to a site where a couple of folks posted the results.

And you are so right about Dan and Jane! Such venom spewing from their mouths!!!!! What did Dan do to deserve making it even that far???? And these folks that tout that they never back stabbed anyone??? You did it every time you voted at tribal????

I would have given the $100K to Holly. She was the most unselfish player among the whole lot.

As to Fabio....that's what I mean. He was even weirder in LA. I have no clue what he was talking about! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Hats

You have had the fortune/misfortune to have started watching Survivor last year and pretty much been spoiled by one of the best seasons ever. Now to be initiated to a regular season of Survivor with Ni-quit-ragua one of the worst is really a tough go. The producers try their best to assemble groups of people from every type of personality but it is a crap shoot so to speak as they don't know how the dynamics will play out . Even Probst says that he is always surprised how some players differ from what they showed in the casting and video process to how they actually are in the show. Add this to how we would all respond to being under the stars twenty four seven then you never know. Hopefully for your sake you can see some better of this show starting in February. You should check into assembling the complete seasons to watch on DVD with no commercials and the episodes back to back while waiting for the next season to start or in summer which is the longest time between seasons. This way you will get the feel as to how the show has grow and changed over the years.

I assume since Jeff didn't mention that this upcoming season will once again be from Nicaragua as this seems to be the trend although the video looked to show Mayan or Aztec ruins. Do they have them in Nicaragua?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:16 pm

GreyFuss I really can't remember any Mayan ruins in Nicaragua. There are some in Honduras and Guatemala. When they showed the previews I thought it looked like Honduras. But all the ruins look a little bit alike. They have some in Peru too don't they.

I thought about getting some past seasons to watch but Bestbuy here didn't have any. Last season was so good. Every week I just couldn't wait for the next week. I am really hoping for a better season in Feb. With all the different personalities and reaction to others and the elements it really is a crap shoot so to speak. One just never knows how they will react to being put in the Survivor situation. I don't mind one cry baby or whiner, but it's a little much when almost all of them are.

What do you guys mean Holly sounds like Sarah Palin ? The way she talked or what she said?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:56 pm

About Holly sounding like Palin...see my link in the post about it.

If you want to get some better deals on the DVD's of past seasons you would do better getting them from Ebay or maybe Amazon. I have got some remarkable deals but after watching them again I just turn around and sell them for what I paid. Not much of a collector of movies or TV shows.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks GreyFuss I hadn't thought of looking on ebay. I'll take a look and see what they have.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Every season we always ask if this survivor or that survivor has ever watched an episode of this great game and every year we have somebody say they never realized it would like this. Well here is a little article for future people who might like to play the game...

Quote :
Survivor Nicaragua Extra – Notes to Survivor Players

In some of my columns, I've directed suggestions to the producers of Survivor on how to improve the show. This time, it's the players' turn. As Survivor: Nicaragua produced two quitters, it's obvious there are people out there who still do not understand what Survivor actually involves. This list is for them.

1) Know what the hell you're getting into. Survivor is a game of strategy and physical challenges - and it is also a month long camping trip. If you have never been camping before and want to go on Survivor, do yourself and everybody else a favor and go camping somewhere for at least a week, to get a feel for what's involved and what it's like. When I say camping, I mean roughing it with a tent and sleeping bag - not cruising around in an RV. If you can't hack a week long camping trip under rough conditions, you aren't going to be able handle Survivor.

Similarly, prepare yourself as best as you can. Learn how to make a fire and build a crude shelter. Google the country you'll be sent to and learn what the local weather conditions are usually like. I'll give you a hint: if you're being sent to a place described as a tropical rain forest, expect to get wet. Tropical rain forests get lots of rain. That's why they're called tropical rain forests.

2) Have realistic expectations. Don't go on Survivor expecting you'll be able to launch an acting career afterwards. It's not going to happen. Survivor has been going strong for over twenty seasons, and I can't think of anybody who has launched an acting career by being on it. Elizabeth Hasselbeck, who co-hosts The View, is the only Survivor contestant I can think of who has launched a successful career as an entertainer after being on Survivor. She's one person - out of roughly 300 contestants. If you really want to act, find some other way to get the desired exposure.

3) Get in shape. Remember, Survivor involves a lot of strenuous activities, most notably the challenges. You will last longer if you're in shape. Not only will you perform better in the challenges, but you will be less likely to get seriously sick or injured. This is especially important if you're over 35; a majority of the people evacuated for medical reasons have been older men. On the other hand, don't overdo the dieting. Unless your tribe has a great food provider, you will go hungry and lose weight. In fact, it may be advantageous to go in very slightly overweight, so you'll have some reserves to fall back on.

4) Remember "outwit" is part of the game. In other words, don't plan on playing with "integrity" and somehow winning. That very rarely happens. Sooner or later, you are going to have to backstab somebody, especially towards the endgame. If you don't think you can do that, don't both applying. Similarly, accept the fact that somebody will backstab you. Remember, everybody is playing for a million dollars. Nobody is there to help you win. Your alliance may help you get far in the game - but that's because they want to get far themselves. In other words, don't throw a fit if somebody blindsides you. You'll only look like a fool. If you're old enough to be on Survivor, then you're also old enough to not throw tantrums on national television.

5) Don't discount the social game. The social game is every bit as important as the strategic game, for the very simple reason that people are more likely to let you stay in the game and/or vote to give you the million if they like you. Being a jerk will very likely cost you. Other players will try to get rid of you, or find reasons to not give you the big money should you somehow make it to the end. While it's true that Survivor has produced the occasional strategically savvy jerk, such players tend to lose to people who played a good social game. Bullying people may be fun and it may make for good T.V., but diplomacy pays better in the long run.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Very valid points GreyFuss. I shake my head every time I hear someone say 'they stabbed me in the back' , well what did they expect, it's surviver for a million dollars.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart   Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor Nicaragua Young at Heart
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4