Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favourite music from adventure games

Go down 
+4
GreyFuss
Lady Kestrel
Gelert
SweetDalilah
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SweetDalilah
Wanderer's Apprentice
SweetDalilah

Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Faust wrote:
It was just the way I put that up there SD . I haven't been awake very long , was easier at the time . Out of curiosity , is IE your main browser ?

I've always loved the dark , sinister music myself . Maybe atmospheric music would be a more applicable term .
Uhm, yes IE is my main browser. For some reason Mozilla can't work on my computer scratch , and I use Opera very rearly.

Oh yes, I love atmospheric music myself, esspecially if it's mysterious, dark, scary, sad, and beautiful at the same time Very Happy

P.S. Gelert why does it say I'm online, after I log out. It wasn't doing it before? scratch
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:27 pm

SweetDalilah wrote:
Faust wrote:
It was just the way I put that up there SD . I haven't been awake very long , was easier at the time . Out of curiosity , is IE your main browser ?

I've always loved the dark , sinister music myself . Maybe atmospheric music would be a more applicable term .
Uhm, yes IE is my main browser. For some reason Mozilla can't work on my computer scratch , and I use Opera very rearly.

Oh yes, I love atmospheric music myself, esspecially if it's mysterious, dark, scary, sad, and beautiful at the same time Very Happy

Very odd , Firefox will not work for you . It's what I use . Opera is a pain to configure , especially with a download manager , & the only time I use IE , is when I have no other choice .

Back on topic , I like that style of music also (dark , scary , sad , beautiful) . The soundtrack for the game Seven Games Of The Soul was very good !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:00 pm

SweetDalilah do you mean that it is showing you are still online after logging off ? Try doing a refresh and that should take care of it. If you mean that it is showing that you have been online in the last 24 hours that will show for 24 hours.

There are several members here that enjoy the causals and adventure lights. The music from Drawn is beautiful.

The dark sweet sad wistful music is my favorite type music too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:15 pm

No one's posted The Dig yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GVGWWR4HYU

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

The Dig music is beautiful Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:29 am

The Dig has that majestic spinning galaxies feel to it. I always wish they had made the movie that was originally planned. The story is a such a good one.

Hats,
The first time I listened to the music from GK 1 over at MM, I got tears in my eyes. I have GK 2 but haven't played it yet.

Dalilah,
The Drawn games are some of my favorites in the adventure-light genre. They did a beautiful job giving the music a lovely fantasy touch. The Dream Chronicles series has some lovely music, too.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 9:13 am

What a nice topic SweetDalilah! Very Happy
I loved so much all the soundtrack from Syberia and many of the other musics posted!
Thanks for posting music from Drawn too. I don't like at all looking for hidden objects, but Drawn was different, as Lady Kestrel wrote, a little masterpiece.

I like mainly sad and longing music, even scary music, but one of my favourite songs in games is funny and cheerful; it's the endind of an old game that I loved a lot (except for a hateful shooting minigame): Nine - The last resort.
Besides, it was one of the most rewarding endings, seen all the efforts that one has to make in order to gain its vision Shocked

As SweetDalilah has problems with links I'll post the video, sorry for the size.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Struzzo

I loved 9 The Last Resort...well all of it except the weird area where the twins lived in that outer space type world.

Faust wrote:
Myself , the music from Outcry , .

There was music in Outcry? I don't recall it but then there have been raves about the music in Gray Matter but I didn't notice it so it must not have made an impression on me.

I actually divide this into 2 categories. Category #1 would be the music used as background, mood or themes where Category #2 would be songs that are voiced.

Although I didn't completely play the whole game and is considered more of an action/adventure I love this little ditty from Call of Cthulhu. Funny when you listen to this it doesn't seem to fit the subject matter of the game. What do you think? Category #2

Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:27 pm

The music in Outcry would fit in to your category # 1 Greyfuss .
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:26 am

GreyFuss

I spent so much time in that weird space, that in the end I felt at home and liked it! I used to call it the “rubbish universe”.
I hated the twins in the ending! By that time I could easily decipher the music sheets to play, but I always made mistakes because the twins made me so nervous! Grrrrrrr. I skipped the rats-arcade with the save game of a friend, but this one couldn’t be skipped, and I was about to give up. I’m glad I didn’t, because the ending was worth it!

It’s a pity that you didn’t notice the marvellous music in Outcry, it was very sad and beautiful! Sure it was category#1. If you want to give it a second chance look and hear at that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRmPDd3iT9I

What to say about the Call of Chtulhu! It’s surprising! I didn’t play the game, but if it isn’t a joke I think it’s a smart choice!
Lovecraft is one of my favourite minds, but I dont like action games anyway.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:15 am

Although the game wasn't my cup of tea, it had some catchy tunes

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Time to revive this thread because there just is so much adventure game music to enjoy.

I think the Myst series has some of the best orchestrated music and could stand alone even without the games.

Here is one that really gets my heart pounding and at certain parts goose bumps especially if you have the volume cranked up.

How about you? Have some more favorites to post?
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Oops...I see that LadyK has already posted a link to the above music on page one.

Who can forget this stay in your head, drive you crazy theme...Sorry if I just impregnated your brain with it again.

Last edited by GreyFuss on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 pm

I like this one

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:39 pm

I liked that one too Hats

The Moment of Silence had plenty of good mood music including this one...

Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

GreyFuss,
I have an album of a women's chorus from Bulgaria that I love, so you can imagine how thrilled I was when I heard that music from Myst 4, which is very similar.

Even though I've never played Imaginarium, I have the music CD and love listening to those silly jazzy tunes.

Hats,
I like that piece from Murder on the Orient Express and the way simulates the sound of the train in motion.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Yes I thought The Moment of Silence had good music too. I always liked this one but it's way to short

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 pm

I really like that piece from Murder on the Orient Express. Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 24250 and the way the way they made the sound too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm not sure this one will link, but this piece called Keronian Bar from Space Quest 4 always gets me hopping:
Keronian Bar
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Lady K is this it ?

I love it. Makes me want to get my piano out of storage Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:

Even though I've never played Imaginarium, I have the music CD and love listening to those silly jazzy tunes.

What is Imaginarium?

I could go on and on about all the music in the entire Myst Series. Wouldn't it be nice if Rand Miller and the Cyan team would bring back just one more title with a Kickstarter campaign?

Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:01 am

That's it, Hats. My link does work, too.

Oops! I meant The Neverhood! Imaginarium is the name of the CD.

Edit: What a beautiful singing in the Uru piece, GF! Her voice reminds me of Enya's.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:51 am

Lady K the link wouldn't work for me so I wasn't sure if it was my tempermental computer or what.

That is lovely singing from from URU.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:37 am

You've picked on one of my pet subjects because, as anyone who knows me on FaceBook knows, I really love 'good' musical compositions. Music that 'I' like

I have many MANY favourites but two that may or may not have been mentioned are.

Belief and Betrayal, Confutatis Maledictis and The Last Express soundtrack by the fabulous film music composer, Elia Cmiral.

Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 am

I also love this, by Liquor. So much like The Cranberries

Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite music from adventure games   Your favourite music from adventure games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favourite music from adventure games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next