Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)

Go down 
+8
mindysue
tsampikos
Draclvr
hatshepsut
Faust
AlienBZ
winfrey
Gelert
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 am

I own a pair of Grado Labs headphones which are supposed to be good value for the money. My problem is my ears are so sensitive, having a headphone pressing against them for more than 30 minutes at a time creates a lot of pain.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:32 am

I've heard of Grado . They have a very good reputation . I got my Sennheisers on ebay for just $50 . Couldn't pass it up .
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Logitech recently delivered to me one of THESE.

I bought the original G700 almost three years ago and it was the best (and most functional) I'd ever owned. It is so much easier using the buttons than searching for keyboard keys (for those types of games) and having the capability of storing profiles for different games.  It worked perfectly up until about three months ago when tracking on my pad began to degrade. It still worked on just the desktop surface for a while and then that failed as well forcing me to resort to other tactics like the colored surface of a notebook cover but only until the cover got scratched by the feet. I didn't find anything on line to be helpful other than a reminder of the product warranty. Luckily Amazon keeps a record of my purchases going back to like forever so all I had to do was make one phone call and an email. Battery life is an issue for some but I always kept a set of four AA re-chargeables and would just swap out for a fresh one every evening. The battery that came with the new one is much better than the original especially in terms of milli-amps and so with just a thirty minute charge time (vs. 22 hours with an AC charger) I just plug it into the PC instead. Another plus is that the new gaming software is so much easier to use compared to SetPoint. Simply said I don't think I could ever get used to a different mouse.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Nice ! Every review I've ever read , your new "toy" is highly praised , especially Logitech customer service .
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:06 am

Yes, I was very impressed with the service, to say the least. I asked the lady if I would need to return the defective unit and was told it wasn't necessary. Had I known all along I never would have spent so much time trying to "fix" it.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 am

A bit off topic, but on the subject of customer service from Logitech, I MUST give a shout-out to them. I've had a K800 illuminated keyboard for almost 3 years. For some reason, the "I" key came loose and I found a tiny little piece of plastic was broken. All I wanted was another key cap. When I contacted Logitech customer service, they simply asked for some proof of purchase - got it from Newegg, so that wasn't a problem. This was about midnight on a Saturday. On Tuesday, I had a brand new keyboard delivered to me! Are ya kidding me???!!!

This is the kind of customer service that will keep me coming back to Logitech. I still think about it and am amazed!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:04 am

That's impressive draclvr! I'll keep Logitech in mind for any future hardware purchase.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:14 pm

I've narrowed my next mouse purchase to either the Logitech G500s , or the Mionix Naos 8200 . Far as my new headphones go , now way will I buy another set of "gaming" headphones again ! Best sounding headphones I've ever had !
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:07 am

The G500s does include a nice dust cover. (if you keep the packaging)  Smile
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 2:35 am

Got a new toy : www.amazon.com/Anker-Precision-Programmable-Buttons-Cartridges/dp/B00AAQRNQ8
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 3:32 am

Looks good Faust. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Thanks , Hats ! . The almost universally good reviews is what helped with the decision . That , and the very friendly price . Feels very good in the hand .  I recently upgraded my video card , mostly for Witcher 3 . Perhaps next , is a good set of headphones , and then a cpu upgrade .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 am

My goodness, that mouse has a great review score, plus a nice price. I got a decent CM Storm mouse with my last PC purchase, seems to do the job. Likely not as good as yours though.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 1:48 pm

lakerz wrote:
My goodness, that mouse has a great review score, plus a nice price.  I got a decent CM Storm mouse with my last PC purchase, seems to do the job.  Likely not as good as yours though.

As long you're happy with it , that'a all that matters Smile   .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 2:29 am

The latest to my arsenal : m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16829132006

Got 3 sound cards now . May be parting with one of them . I also picked up some headphomes , a set of Sony MDR-V6 .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 pm

www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRV6-Studio-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00001WRSJ

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R55JP2W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1448717465&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=sentey+lumenata+pro&dpPl=1&dpID=41uk5VESE7L&ref=plSrch
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 12:50 am

Nice headphones, very highly rated on amazon I see. I still make do with the Grado Labs set of headphones I have, although for the most part I don't use them. For whatever reason, my ears are very sensitive to pressure, so any on ear set I put on becomes painful after just 30-40 minutes or so. At some point I guess I may buy a set of 'around the ear' type that don't actually press on the ear.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 pm

My new headphones & their "brother" , the MDR 7506 , have been a recording studio staple for decades . I picked up my pair (mdr v6) on ebay , just $50 . I replaced the ear pads , with Beyerdynamic dt250 velour pads . Very comfy , & they sound great ! Do you have the SR60 or SR 80 ? Those seem to be the most common I read about . Heard good things about Grado . My now backups (Sennheiser HD 280 Pro) sound good , but they clamp my head something rather awful . After I get settled in to my new place , I might go back on the headphone hunt again . First things first though .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 1:44 am

Faust I have the SR80. The sound is great and all, just can't use them for more than 40-50 minutes at a time before my ears get too sore.
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:17 pm

lakerz wrote:
Faust I have the SR80. The sound is great and all, just can't use them for more than 40-50 minutes at a time before my ears get too sore.
I've got the same problem.
The only pair of headphones I've ever found that were comfortable were the "Realistic Nova Pro" from Radio Shack, now considered vintage. They had extremely deep ear cups so they didn't flatten my ears. I don't have large ears, but one of them sticks out and both are sensitive to being pushed back.

Apparently headphone manufacturers don't think people with this problem exist, because even "over the ear" headphones described as "large" have shallow ear cups and flatten my ears. The pain increases the longer the ears are flattened, first in the ears, then spreads to be a headache too. So I can't stand wearing headphones for long -- except for the Realistic Nova Pro headphones -- apparently the ONLY headphones ever created that have deep enough ear cups.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 10:02 pm

I did an ear pad replacement for my MDR V6's . Replaced the originals with a set of Beyerdynamic DT250 velour pads . This is rather common practice for the V6's . Made them much more comfortable , & get better bass response . My backups (Sennheiser HD 280) , sound good in their own right , but do have some pressure on my head . From what I understand , most Sennheiser headphones do that to a degree , so probably a no-no for both of you . I was/am considering a pair of HD 558's after the first of the year .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:00 pm

www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0126HISOO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5