Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)

Go down 
+8
mindysue
tsampikos
Draclvr
hatshepsut
Faust
AlienBZ
winfrey
Gelert
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:42 am

GreyFuss wrote:
I've noticed that you prefer a corded mouse, do you find them to be more accurate in your serious gaming than a cordless. Also it looks to be a small mouse or are the pictures deceiving?

I prefer wired mice for gaming , for a couple of reasons . One , is battery life . Most gaming mice that are wireless , you're lucky to get a day of battery life before recharging . An example , the Razer Mamba has an 8-12 (supposedly) hour battery life worth of gaming . In my experience , I was lucky to get 6 hours before charging . That's why I used the Mamba as a wired mouse . I had a Microsoft Sidewinder X8 gaming mouse , that had good battery life . I could go over a day without charging . I may part with my Mamba , along with my other Razer gear . Anyhow , another reason is lag . A wireless mouse , although technology has greatly improved , has a slower reaction time than a wired mouse . As for that mouse I linked to , the pictures are a tad misleading perhaps . I looked closer at the specs , & the mouse is 126 mm long , or , 4.96 inches .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:50 am

Well battery life makes sense. I didn't think of that as I plug my mouse in to do a recharge
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:07 am

What mouse do you have GreyFuss ? I'm using my Roccat Kone plus at the moment . When I used a standard wireless mouse , I replaced the battery maybe every other month . With a gaming grade mouse , since the tech behind them is different , battery life comes in to play . I made the switch to wired mice , when my I became tired of the rotten battery life on Razer Mamba .
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:30 am

I have been using the Logitech Performance Mouse MX for the last few months. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/performance-mouse-mx?crid=7 Mainly for a few things. I like the size (large) for my big hand. It works on any surface even glass which is what I need since other mice have trouble on my personalized mouse pad and also works on the desk paper anything. The tiny unifying receiver which I only need one to run any Logitech Device that helps for the very small mouse my Grandson uses at the same time playing games. It is rechargeable by both household current or with USB (which is what I use) It still can be used like a corded mouse when it is charging so no waiting. The charge lasts me about a week but then I don't play all that demanding games and I don't need fast response time. I actually love it. I got it for half the price on Amazon with free delivery so I am very happy.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 am

I've heard of that mouse . It has a ton of good reviews ! If my memory serves me correct , I almost picked one up before I got a Razer DeathAdder . Long as it works for you & you like it , then it's all good !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 am

How many fans does you mouse have ? Very Happy Kidding. That price seems to be very reasonable for a precise gaming mouse.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 6:43 am

GreyFuss wrote:
How many fans does you mouse have ? Very Happy Kidding. That price seems to be very reasonable for a precise gaming mouse.

Ha ha ! Very Happy The price for that mouse is definitely reasonable . There is a corresponding mouse pad to go with that mouse , $10 plus shipping at newegg I think . May get that also . Have to get the money first . Maybe if I decide to part with my Razer gear .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:43 am

I've just added these to my arsenal :

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/node/2194

http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/drakonia-gaming-mat

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826991032

Starting tomorrow , my local Officemax , will have a 23 " monitor on sale for just $120 . I may pick it up after my daughter's soccer game .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:36 am

I really like that mouse. Pretty color Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:39 am

Thanks , Hats ! At first , I had wondered if I made a mistake , the mouse felt very heavy . I found out the weights were already in the mouse . I removed the weights , it's all good ! I got it from Newegg , just $40 . The matching mouse pad was $10 , the Gigabyte pad was $15 .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:06 am

That's not a bad price for a mouse.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:45 pm

The software for the mouse is fairly easy to figure out , make adjustments . The only thing I'm not too fond of , is the dpi adjustments . The dpi is bound to a seperate profile , & adjustable in increments of 500 dpi at a time . It's more of a quibble than a problem really . Nothing to get my knickers in a twist over .

The matching mouse pad is nice annd smooth , with a matching logo graphic on the upper right corner . It has special stitching around the edgees , keep them from fraying . I rolled out the Gigabyte mouse pad to check it out . Nice , and big !!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:34 pm

I got a set of Razer Electra headphones last week . They will serve as a backup for my Razer Tiamat headphones .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:51 pm

I snagged a Logitech T400 Touch Mouse for 50% off - $20. It's geared for use with Windows 8 when you don't have a touch screen. I love some things about it, but the one thing that is driving me nuts is the scrolling... No matter how I change the settings, it either scrolls super fast or not at all.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:03 pm

Draclvr wrote:
I snagged a Logitech T400 Touch Mouse for 50% off - $20. It's geared for use with Windows 8 when you don't have a touch screen. I love some things about it, but the one thing that is driving me nuts is the scrolling... No matter how I change the settings, it either scrolls super fast or not at all.

Bad drivers maybe ?

I also receny picked up another set of headphones , the JVC Xtreme Xpolsives ha-m5x .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:08 pm

How many sets of ears do you have, dude!! lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist! I got the drivers and software directly from the Logitech website and they are the latest and greatest for Windows 8.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:59 am

Draclvr wrote:
How many sets of ears do you have, dude!! lol! Sorry, I couldn't resist! I got the drivers and software directly from the Logitech website and they are the latest and greatest for Windows 8.

That's ok ! It's all good . I have 3 sets total . If I thought I could , I'd get either the Sennheiser HD 280 , or the Sony MDR V6 . I will part with one of my other headsets first . Have you tried a re install of the drivers ? Maybe it's just a Windows 8 thing ? Just a guess .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:05 pm

OK, you set yourself up here!! Three sets of ears total, eh? lol! Just poking fun, Faust! I just use a set of Bose earbuds...

This mouse was made specifically for Windows 8 gestures. I'm not the only one with the issue, so I'm hoping they issue a firmware or driver update. Otherwise I love it for Windows 8.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Draclvr wrote:
OK, you set yourself up here!! Three sets of ears total, eh? lol! Just poking fun, Faust! I just use a set of Bose earbuds...

This mouse was made specifically for Windows 8 gestures. I'm not the only one with the issue, so I'm hoping they issue a firmware or driver update. Otherwise I love it for Windows 8.

Keep it up ! lol! Perhaps it is a driver issue then .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:39 pm

My newest "toy" : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106531
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Faust. Nice They look comfortable

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 6:24 pm

They are , hats . Sound quality is excellent ! My Razer headphones are put up in my closet . Would part with them for the right offer .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 7:19 pm

My latest addition :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106328
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Looks absolutely PERFECT for the spooky games, Faust. Scratches and Amber and Dark Fall would be 'a treat' ! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Amnesia, The Dark Descent would be even creepier...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)   NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

NON-game game-playing purchases :) - Tell us about the HARDWARE and NON-GAME SOFTWARE you've bought FOR playing games. :-)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next