Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!

Go down 
+4
Faust
hatshepsut
mindysue
GreyFuss
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! Empty
PostSubject: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting has released today for download from both Tri-Synergy and The Just Adventure Store
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Seems to me that a long time ago and on another forum that there was a thread on this game, but I can't remember if it was going to be a first or third person game. I recall that we were tryng to guess just what Dan Patch Smile was up to!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm

mindysue wrote:
Dan Patch Smile

lol!

Miss Mindy...sorry it is first person. You do know you can download and play 60 minutes for free if you would like to see what we all were talking to Dan about way back in 07 on the Viperante Forums.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks for letting us know GreyFuss. Is Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting for download only ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:46 am

Unless I am mistaken , I had read somewhere that the game was download only , for the time being .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:22 am

I thought so too Faust but I couldn't remember for sure.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:43 am

VERY NICE NEWS!!!

But man do I have a big queue of unplayed indie games purchased the past few months. Just can't find the time to get to them all. I got the Corrosion purchase site bookmarked though, because I can guarantee I'll be a buyer once I take a week or two of staycation to play games 24/7 heh.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:22 pm

In case anyone is interested there is a walkthrough for Corrosion at Just Adventure. Also an interview with Dan Peach, the developer, that is very interesting.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for the information mindysue.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 pm

It’s a very long time since my last visit… hi everyone, nice to meet you again! Smile

Did anyone play this beautiful adventure? I followed its development since the time I red a preview on an Italian website in 2007. When I discovered that Corrosion was finally released I purchased it immediately and played it all in one breath, without pausing, and I still spend my nights at Cold Winter Farm, longing for one of the most amazing adventures of its kind I've ever played.
I’d love to share opinions with someone who has experienced this game and I’d be very interested to read the answers that different players gave to the many suspended questions that it arouses.

@ hatshepsut, thinking of our former discussion, Corrosion is a very different game from Outcry, light years away… but in the end it is as much thought provoking.

I tried to promote it in Italy writing a walkthrough with a very high rating, but the need for reading a lot of documents in English is proving to be a great problem, and it’s a shame.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm having problems downloading Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting from JustAdventure. Has anyone else had problems downloading this game? I thought it downloaded okay, but then it was verifying and suddenly just stopped cold. I tried twice and it did seem to go a bit farther the second time, or maybe I just imagined it. Should I try again? Hoping for that "third time" magic?
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

Hi mindysue,
I purchased Corrosion from JA as well, but I didn't have any problem in downloading it.
I red somewhere that it may be a problem caused by anti-virus as Norton... maybe you could try to deactivate it while downloading...
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi struzzo,
Yes, it could be Norton, but that gives me a problem as I don't know how to deactivate it while downloading. Another computer skill I don't have, sorry to say. If it isn't too complicated, and you have the time, could you tell me how? If it is too much, no need to bother, I probably wouldn't be able to do it anyway. Thanks for listening to my tale of woe!
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Mindysue, how couldn't I listen to your tale of woe? :-)
I'm thoroughly solid for you because there are many computer skills that I don't have either!
Unfortunately this is as well a reason that prevents me to help you. In addiction I never had Norton on my PC.
I looked for the website where I red about the problem and I red all pages to see how the others had done, but nobody said how to disable Norton... it seemed that everyone knew how to do it already.
Anyway, it looks like disabling Norton was not of much help... many of them wrote for assistance to [url=storesupport@justadventure.com]storesupport@justadventure.com[/url]
You should also have this address on your Plimus receipt mail.
I red that the reply could take a couple of days more or less.

I 'm sorry for not being useful at all... I wish you to solve this ugly problem and to start playing very soon!

EDIT
P.S.: Maybe my bad English created a misunderstanding: I shouldn't write "while" downloading, but "before" downloading, sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Hi struzzo, I haven't played Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting yet but it is definetly on my to buy list soon. I am glad to hear that it another thought provoking game Smile

mindysue there seem to be several people who have trouble downloading the game. You might want to read the discussion on another forum found here

Also did you download the demo at JA ? and try putting the key code in there ? You could try asking in our Glitches forum Faust and Drac are very good with these tech problems. You might try asking Dan Peach he seems very helpful also.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi hatshepsut, nice to meet you again Smile
I'll be eager to know your thoughts on this beautiful game after you will complete it in the due time of your list! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi struzzo and hatshepsut,
I accidentally deleted this post while I was still typing it, not sure what happened, but maybe I hit a wrong key? My mouse gives me trouble when I click a wrong place, now my keyboard seems to be getting into the act also. Therefore you were a big help to me, struzzo, when you let me know others were having problems with the download, not just me. What a relief that was! As for deactivating Norton "while" downloading, I knew you meant "before" even when I also used "while" in my reply, because I was thinking "before" in my head. I do know that anti-virus and other protections can sometimes interfere with downloads.
As for that link to that other forum, hatshepsut, I had a great time reading about all those problems, but the solutions were confusing, as some had even more problems after they tried. I'm not allowed on that forum, after putting my foot in my mouth in my last post, before I got the email from the admin saying she had to lower the boom because it wouldn't be fair to others who "followed the rules" of the forum. I happened to get carried away and was a bit too open and honest in my opinion so I wasn't careful enough to state things a little less bluntly. Mea Culpa! Your link gave me a chance to sneak into the forum and it was a fun, nostalgic time for me. Just goes to show that even an ill wind can blow some good, as an old saying has it.
To get back to the download problem, I did use the link in the email that was provided, but just now when I reread the email, I saw that it might take two *business days* before I received an answer. Since yesterday was Saturday and today is Sunday, I'll have to wait, and hope, for an answer before Wednesday. I can wait and I'm happy to support the game in the meantime. I don't want a refund no matter how things turn out. I know from the posts on that other forum that they are trying, and trying hard, to solve all the problems and they have my sympathy and encouragement.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 11:44 pm

mindysue glad you had a great time reading the provided link. The instructions were a bit confusing to me also. I hope that who you contacted about the game gets back to you soon and the problem is resolved quickly so you can be playing the game.

struzzo I also look forward to discussing Corrosion with you after I have played it Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:51 am

You are a very nice person indeed mindysue! It's so good to meet people like you.
Indie developers should have all the support we can give them and sympathy for eventual problems due to some lack of organization.
I myself had a bit of perplexity when, after purchasing the game, I got a mail stating that within 48 hours I'd receive a download link and after 3 days didn't have any news... so, before writing to complain I used the link to see my invoice and found there a code. Then I downloaded the free trial version and tried the code to unlock it. I had to use a bit of imagination to put all things together, but we are gamers... aren't we? Wink
I'll keep my fingers crossed so that all your difficulties will be solved the sooner possible!

@ Thanks hatshepsut, I do hope you'll enjoy the game as much as I did! Smile
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:29 am

Are all the games at the Just Adventure Store for download only now? Maybe I am looking on the wrong page. Neutral
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:41 am

Ang I think that all the games at the Just Adventure Store are download only now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:12 pm

I've been checking out the problems with downloading Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting at the JustAdventure forum and now I am more confused than ever. It seems that as late as yesterday some downloads still aren't working. As near as I can make out most of the problems are with several different anti-virus programs that stop the download. Unfortunately, even disabling the program, didn't always help. I'm not about to go into any exe.file or whatever. Although at least one poster tried and finally gave up and asked for a refund. I'm giving up!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Mindysue

Yes it is Norton but disabling it during your download will do nothing. The problem arises with download sites that use the file WSReputation with the game EXE file. Norton will always Quarantine this file because some of the make up of it resembles suspicious files so they always lean towards the side of caution and quarantines it. All you have to do is open your Nortons Quarantine area, select the Corrosion file and Restore it. I have had to do this with several games that I have downloaded from different sites. Norton refuses to exclude this even though that game developers and download sites have contacted them because of the nature of the file. The file is safe and I have had no problem restoring it from Nortons Quarantine area. I must say though Miss Mindy, I am surprised at your interest in this game as it doesn't fit what you normally like in the least bit.

Miss Ang

JA no longer has an agreement with Dave at Interact. The new owners changed their store and it is now run by the Tri-Synergy publisher. It is download only but it looks like JA can add games that are not from Tr-Synergy as they have for download Carol Reeds Latest Ambers Blood.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:22 am

Hi GreyFuss,
No need to be surprised because I want to play Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting even though it is definitely not my type of usual game preference. The reason is simply that I was there when Dan Peach first came up with the idea on his forum and we were guessing what it was, remember? How could I not want to play it now that it is a reality?
About Norton Quarantine, after help from my husband (who is a dear and helps with these problems even though he really doesn't want to, but well ...) I found out how to get the Quarantine file and checked it out, but there is nothing in it about the game. Could the problem have been fixed by Plimus or JustAdventure and no longer shows up in the file?
I haven't had any reply to my email using the link in the download email, so far.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:27 am

Did you uninstall the game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!   Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released! Empty

Back to top Go down

Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting...Released!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next