Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Casual Game Players out There???

Go down 
+5
HandsFree
jkeerie
hatshepsut
Gelert
Mystery Lover
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:24 pm

No problem Gelert!! Big XOXOXOXO's!! We love you anyway!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 am

I just finished Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera. What a great game! It was a decent length and the puzzles were very clever! I think you recommended this game, ML. Good call! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Mystery Lover, thanks for the reply Smile

Judging a type of game from a single experience is silly, so I'd like to give it another go. Is there another game like Drawn, but with a slightly higher difficulty rating?
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Gunness...

You might like the game I just mentioned above...Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera. It did have a lot of hidden object sequences...but the objects weren't hard to find and the puzzles in many instances required clues that were gathered throughout the game that were kept in a journal. There were times throughout the game that I wasn't sure where to go next, and had to think about where I had seen things.

Other options would be Mystery Case Files Return to Ravenhurst and Mystery Case Files Dire Grove.

In each of these games, if you download from Big Fish you can try an hour demo to see if you like the game.

ML...do you agree with the above? Smile

JK
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:08 pm

I personally enjoyed Nick Chase: A Detective Story (played it last year about this time) and Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond (played last month) more than the Mystery Case Files series. The games are shorter though, not so many hidden object scenes, and more to do it seemed to me. Also, the games felt closer to third-person adventure games, maybe because I like Nick Chase! Liking the characters is always a big plus as far as I'm concerned.
This is maybe why I disliked Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera. I just could not like those people and didn't care if they were being murdered one by one, so when a slight glitch happened, rather than take the time to work things out, I had my excuse to quit the game.
Back to top Go down
Gunness
Wanderer's Apprentice
Gunness

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:13 am

Thanks for the input, I'll give a couple of the games a go Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.solutionarchive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Casual Game Players out There???   Any Casual Game Players out There??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any Casual Game Players out There???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2