Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?

Go down 
+4
mindysue
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
hatshepsut
8 posters

PC
What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_lcap64%What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 14 ]
Mac
What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_lcap5%What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Console
What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_lcap9%What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Handheld
What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_lcap18%What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Other
What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_lcap4%What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? Empty
PostSubject: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 pm

What do you like playing your casual games on best. Do you prefer downloads or do you like to have the disk ? If you like downloading your games who do you like downloading from best ? You can vote more than one and if your preference isn't listed you can post your preference.
Thanks

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I download from Big Fish 90% of the time. The other 10% I download from Spintop. But SpinTop is more expensive, so that's why I hardly buy from there anymore. Only if I know Big Fish won't be getting the game I want, for example Mortimer Beckett 3.
I buy CD's of adventure games, unless BigFish has it available for download. BigFish also offers you the choice of a CD or the download or both.
When you are a club member there, they have all your purchase history. So, if your computer crashes, or gets a virus, and you are forced to get a new one, all you have to do id go to their site and they give you all your game installs. You lose nothing!! It's nice!

All the fancy things like Wii, I deliberately haven't tried, because I would never get any work done!! Same goes for our son!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Mystery Lover wrote:
Quote :

All the fancy things like Wii, I deliberately haven't tried, because I would never get any work done!! Same goes for our son!

lol my son and I are such console and computer junkies that it really takes a lot of effort to get any work done around here.

It is good to know that about Big Fish because I think they are going to have Decay which I want. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 pm

I play mostly on the pc...but I also have a DSi that I bought for traveling. I can only read so much on an airplane or in an airport.

Last year I had to fly out to California for a conference...a long trip. I brought along my DSi and played. While waiting for a connecting flight at LA airport, a colleague from Texas found me and observed my intense concentration on the DS. He thought it was a device like a blackberry or the latest portable electronic for business and email. I had to confess to him that I was playing a game! Laughing (I think I was playing Mystery Case Files Millionheir.) He just smiled when I told him...."You know me Merlyn (yes that is his name)...I'm always playing games!" Laughing
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:04 am

I download most of my casual games from Big Fish Games on my WinXP, but recently I bought a NintendoDS Lite (handheld console) and finding some very good games there. Currently I'm playing Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney and enjoying it immensely!
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:18 am

I'm 100% PC and mostly use bigfishgames for downloads. Sometimes though I'll download straight from the developer.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I just bought 2 DS games today from Amazon and I'm going to play them on my PC by running them from a DS emulator.

I cast one vote - PC
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 pm

I use my desktop PC for gaming. I get my games from BigFish 99% of the time. I did try a DS for a while because I really liked the Professor Layton games, but the screen is just too small for me to enjoy the experience.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I like playing on my desktop too. I've played a few games on my laptop but the screen is just to small for most of the games to be enjoyable for me.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
haroldw
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:55 am

Hello all, I play everything on the PC. Just like Lakerz, I prefer to download
from the developer. I love letting the developer know how much I love their games.
As a person with poor eyesight, my 1st consideration is always to the size of the screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do You Play Your Casual Games On ?   What  do You Play Your Casual Games On ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1