Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. Empty
PostSubject: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:26 pm

My iPad came yesterday and it took me until today to learn how to turn it on. Actually, it was Tom who found the button that turns it on! It's a tiny bar, but instead of sliding it (like my Kindle) one presses it down, never would have thought of that myself.
A little Apple icon comes on ... and then what should I do?
I went for help at apple.com/ipad but didn't find anything about how to get started using the iPad, just stuff saying how great it is.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:34 pm

mindysue wrote:
My iPad came yesterday and it took me until today to learn how to turn it on. Actually, it was Tom who found the button that turns it on! It's a tiny bar, but instead of sliding it (like my Kindle) one presses it down, never would have thought of that myself.
A little Apple icon comes on ... and then what should I do?
I went for help at apple.com/ipad but didn't find anything about how to get started using the iPad, just stuff saying how great it is.

Somehow , that doesn't surprise me . Apple is good for that sort of thing. Google your subject , I am sure there are plenty of sites to visit that should tell you what you need to know .
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:32 am

After the Apple comes up and leaves(patience) The screen comes up where you can personalize it, with the time at the top and a bar at the bottom that says slide to unlock. Slide it and your icons will appear.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 am

Hi AngDMC,
That sounds like something I can do, but it will have to wait until morning, I'm much too tired right now, it's almost midnight. The key word is: (patience). It's the one thing I never thought to try! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Good morning, AngDMC,
I tried it and I get as far as needing to make a wi-fi connection and that stumps me. There are several choices but I don't know which to choose. I don't know anything about wi-fi.

My Kindle has a wireless connection that I use to buy the books and I thought the Apple would have the same thing for buying games. I only want the games that they have over at BigFish, where I see the ads for iPad and iPhone games. I thought there would be some kind of a link to connect me to the apps store for more games.

My iPad has the new Retina Display. Amazon called it the NEWEST VERSION, whatever that means. Maybe it works differently from older versions?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Mindy..There is an ap store where you can buy books games etc. A lot of freebies too. The Ipad is easy to use. It took a little getting used to because I never used anything Apple before . Now I have an I pod,Iphone and got the Ipad so I can sync everything together. It is a wonderful tool. Look at the manual that came with it. Very simple instructions. Also..if you cant get out or back to something..press the little button on the side..bottom or top...on the front next to the screen..(not the buttons around the outside(volume, off on etc.)however you are holding it. It takes you back to your page where your icons are. I belong to book bub and they email with free books and others that are reasonably priced. That is something to add when you get the hang.You can also download tips and tricks for the Ipad. Do not give up..it is worth the frustration.Hang in there...think of it as a Mindy Mission. Smile
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:24 pm

I'm not ready to give up yet. Unfortunately, my iPad didn't come with a manual. However, Tom and I are eating out for lunch and then going to a Best Buy where there is supposed to be someone from Apple to help anyone with problems. So that's my Mindy Mission for today. Thanks, AngDMC, for your support and hand-holding or I would be totally lost and beyond frustration.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm

Here's my Mindy Mission update:
My helper at BB set up my iPad with my Apple ID, password, and the icon page. The store has Wi-Fi, but I didn't see how it connected to the iPad.

Now I'm trying to get my iPad connected to Wi-Fi. According to the AT&T phone bill we have high speed internet with Wi-Fi included. But how does it work with the iPad?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Mindy..there is an icon on your page that says settings. Press that. A menu will come up on the left with your wifi. Your information should be there. You would do the same if you went some where else like Barnes and noble or a nother place you would want to hook upto their wifi.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:18 pm

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth, I just turned chicken and was too scared to try the settings icon. I kept stalling until now.
When I finally went to settings, the menu on the left says my Wi-Fi is not connected. On the right side there is a choice of networks, but I don't know what to choose?

On my phone bill under AT&T Internet Services, it has:
Services for 7472132 ... and under that heading there is something for AT&T HSI ELITE

Does any of that have anything to do with the Wi-Fi connection? See why I'm afraid, I'm so totally confused.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 9:54 pm

You pay for the high speed internet to come in, but that does not necessarily mean you have instant wifi at your place. AT&T provided you with a broadbank router which brings the internet connection into your home. You likely have a cable connecting it to your PC. It may or may not also be able to send out wifi. You would have to check with AT&T on that and how to set it up if so. Otherwise, you will have to buy a stand alone wifi router that will also connect to the AT&T device. There are many to choose from, a bit of googling can come up with some good choices depending on your specific needs. Some carry dual bands which is important for families that have gamers amongst them. Others need wifi routers that have extended range because of a large house and/or a flat with multiple levels. Signals degrade as they go through walls and floors/ceilings.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi, lakerz,
I enjoyed reading your post even if it is 2 years late! My last post asking for help was on Aug. 2, 2013, not 2015. It is kind of interesting to look back on those days though. However, it is also ancient history as far as the iPad goes, I gave up on it long ago. Surprisingly the iPad is still connected to something because I still get emails from Apple.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:49 am

Shocked

LOL, totally did not see I was replying to a multi-year old post. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:01 am

No need to be sorry, lakerz, it was nice of you to want to help even if the timing was a little ... well, somewhat off, and everybody needs to LOL every once in awhile. So thanks a lot for the help and the fun and the Shocked emoticon. cheers
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:43 am

lol! What a Face

Hope your weekend is going well, same for all the Adventure Pointers out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.   Need HELP with iPad, pretty please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need HELP with iPad, pretty please.
Page 1 of 1