Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Your Favorite Game Scene

Go down 
+3
Gelert
Mystery Lover
hatshepsut
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What's Your Favorite Game Scene Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:40 am

There are many different places your adventure game can be, exotic locations, a haunted house, an old castle. Maybe you prefer a space, a solitary journey into the unknown. Or do you like all adventures and the location doesn't matter. I like the solitary journey into the unknown and if it takes place in an eerie old castle, that makes it all the better.

So what location do you like best in a game ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm with you hatshepsut!! I LOVE eerie, scary, shadowy, drafty, dark castles... Or seeing the splender of the royalty in their glory days.
Haunted houses are always great places to roam. I remember the first Delaware St John game I played and how creepy it looked and sounded. Then DarkFall... Scary locations are the best locations! Why do we love to be scared? scratch
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:59 pm

I have very much an adventurous and escapist mentality. So, I like anything that's not like the present, everyday world, be it weird, fantasy, whacky or just the unknown. Not particularly sci-fi though. Just different.

That's how I like my T.V., books and movies too. 'Places' I can get absorbed by. It's, also, probably why I don't like 'reality T.V.', but do like good interactive fiction. Historical settings are cool as well (e.g.; Versailles 1685, the Egypt games). Settings like Atlantis or Arcadia in The Longest Journey, or the whacky, or cartoony, settings in Toonstruck and Broken Sword are great. I like the surreal as well, so Obsidian, Bad Mojo, The Dark Eye, etc.. Not into supernatural stuff, unless it's really well done - Blackstone Chronicles was one. Whacky worlds like Toonstruck's, Discworld's, Stupid Invaders and The Feeble Files are great.

That said, I'll enjoy games like Black Dahlia and Tex Murphys (probably because they're not in 'today's' setting), but games like the CSI games leave me a bit cold.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with Gelert, I can't resist an alternate universe like Toonstruck, Obsidian or Tass Times in Tone Town Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Imaginary worlds are my favorites. I love it when I end up in a place from someone's imagination that i get to explore and discover on my own.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 pm

I do like the "scary" atmosphere of a haunted house or castle...but that's while I'm on the other side of a computer screen. Not sure I'd like to actually be there for real. I think if I were going to ba absorbed in a game...like in the movie "Tron"...I'd prefer the adventure of the places in The Longest Journey or Syberia, where you weren't quite so isolated and could interact with characters.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 pm

I thought of Siberia too, but I hate the cold, and I sure get enough of that here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
catbytes
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:50 pm

I would have to say...A Vampyre Stoy....definetly!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:58 pm

catbytes wrote:
I would have to say...A Vampyre Stoy....definetly!

Hi catbytes! ................. and WELCOME to the Adventure Point forums!

What's Your Favorite Game Scene 4
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:38 pm

OOOhh ya, or Dracula Origin!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite Game Scene   What's Your Favorite Game Scene Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite Game Scene
Page 1 of 1