Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre

Go down 
+11
Taio
diatribal deity
SuperEdy
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
Mystery Lover
HandsFree
Gelert
GreyFuss
mindysue
hatshepsut
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Cartoon
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap11%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Conspiracy
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap7%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 4 ]
Fantasy
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap21%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 13 ]
Horror
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap15%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Sci Fi
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap15%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Mystery
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap20%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 12 ]
Detective/FBI
What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_lcap11%What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 61

AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre Empty
PostSubject: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 pm

What is your favorite genre or do you have more than one? You can vote as many as you like. If it's other post what the other is. As more games are developed and released I'll try to bring you more information on the genre's of your preferences.
Thanks

hatshepsut

Last edited by hatshepsut on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm

How about one for Mystery or Detective/FBI?
I'm thinking of Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny, which just happens to be on its way to me and should arrive in a few days. Or would it go in the Conspiracy genre, which I checked?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 pm

mindysue thank you. Yes I can add those categories to the poll. I think that Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny would fall into the Mystery or probably more likely the Detective/FBI genre.

mindysue did you get a confirmation that Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny has been sent ? Did you order from Interact! or somewhere else ? I'm asking because the latest news I had was that Interact! had pushed back their release date.

Thanks

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Hard for me to vote on this one as I like any Adventure game theme......................except....................any game that labels itself as humorous (most aren't even funny) or any game that is cartoony which could also meet all of the choices above as you could have cartoony Mystery games or cartoony Detective games etc. So I am hard pressed to know how to vote scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 pm

GreyFuss you can vote for all of them if you like all of them. What I'm looking for right now is people's preference in game themes. Later I'll put it together with graphic design types. It's just to give me a general idea when searching for games of what people are interested in. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm

hatshepsut, just so that my votes are registered, you may have already noticed that I've voted for every category as I like them all. If history, educational, surreal and puzzle-orientated, or puzzle-with-Adventure elements had been there as well, I'd probably have voted for those too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

I voted for every one except fantasy. But even that category has a few games I like.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:49 pm

I ordered Art of Murder: Card of Destiny from Amazon and today I got an email saying the game is being shipped and estimated arrival date is March 4, 2010. I choose the free shipping option so it takes a few days longer, but I'm in no hurry.
I have Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (DS Lite) coming in the same order!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

I LOVE Mystery, LOVE Horror, Love Detective, FBI Forensic types too!! Some Fantasy, depends on what kinds. Would I play them all? Absolutely! But if you put a gun to my head and made me choose... Mystery! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Thank you Gelert your preferences are noted including the categories you stated and have noted you like them all as long as they are adventure Smile

HandsFree I will note that there may be some fantasy that you are interested in. Thank you Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Thank you Mystery Lover I will note your preferences and number one mystery preference Smile

Thank you mindysue for the information on Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Definitely mystery! Followed by Detective stuff. I'll play others but these always manage to get to the top of the pile. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Thanks jkeerie your preferences are noted Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 am

Science fiction, fantasy and mystery are my favorites, but I have enjoyed playing games from every category.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:02 am

Thank you Lady Kestrel. I have noted your preferences Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:22 am

I'm happy to be counted, Ms. Sut. Very Happy

GreyFuss,
Have you ever played Steve Meretzky's The Space Bar? It's an excellent but tough puzzler as well as being very funny. It might just change your mind about cartoon games.
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Cartoon of course, but I also love Myst clones, are they fantasy?
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:51 pm

SuperEdy wrote:
Cartoon of course, but I also love Myst clones, are they fantasy?
Yes, I would call them fantasies unless, of course, you have a linking book stashed away somewhere, SE. If you do, may I borrow it?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Thank you SuperEdy. Your preferences have been noted

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
I'm happy to be counted, Ms. Sut. Very Happy

GreyFuss,
Have you ever played Steve Meretzky's The Space Bar? It's an excellent but tough puzzler as well as being very funny. It might just change your mind about cartoon games

Yes I did try Space Bar for about 15 minutes.....I just don't find games that profess to be humorous as funny, especially cartoony ones What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre 1 Life is too funny as it is, that is why I prefer to escape the comedy that is everyday life and get into a game that is somewhat serious. I get tired of laughing all the time, I need a change. Cool
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Thank you GreyFuss. No cartoony stuff no funny business. Your preference for serious adventure is duly noted.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
diatribal deity
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Sci-fi and fantasy for me. But I do appreciate the blending of genres like sci-fi/mystery in Mission Critical.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Thank you diatribal deity. I like a blending of genre too, like mystery/conspiracy or sci fi / conspiracy Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:12 am

My favorites are Horror (Scratches, The Lost Crown, Dark Fall, Morpheus, Darkness within...) and Mystery (Agatha Christie series, Gabriel Knight series...), but I enjoy playing fantasy games such as the Myst series or the Atlantis series too Smile
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Mine is all the above. I love all kinds of point and click adventure games. The only time I like RPG is on the PS2. Most of all I love the freeware games because I'm a little short on cash at the moment sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre   What is Your Favorite Adventure Genre Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next