Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Favorite Game Character

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Your Favorite Game Character Empty
PostSubject: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 am

I don't have a favorite character from every adventure game that I've played. But I have collected a few. Some have come and gone. Some stay fondly in my memory like Rodrigo, George, Oscar, Gabriel and Grace. But the one who remains my most favorite from the first time I saw him and heard him speak is Gus MacPherson.

So do you have a favorite character that stays with you long after you have put the game away?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:40 pm

When I saw the title of this thread I thought I'll post Gus McPherson, so I'm afraid I have nothing to add. Smile
I also liked Grace in Gabriel Knight 1 but she has taken egocentrism to a complete new level in the next games (must have been an example for Kate Walker). Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:06 pm

This may seem strange but my favorite character in a game is "Me" I am partial to the first person perspective where I am actually in the game. Whether it be playing myself like in the Myst series or in a game that puts me in a role where I believe I am the character like Sherlock Holmes Nemesis & Awakened. I like me!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:30 pm

For me it's George in Broken Sword 1 & 2, Lewton in Discworld Noir and April in The Longest Journey, but I was also very partial to Klaymen (Neverhood). Christopher Lloyd was pretty funny in Toonstruck too.

Okay! I've decided. My favourites are these three . . . . Bud, Candy and Bolok in Stupid Invaders. Hilarious! lol!

Such a shame the sequel never materialised. The website still exists. It has some nice extras. Stupid Invaders website
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:37 pm

GreyFuss given your partialness to first person I don't find it strange that your favorite character is you.

HandsFree it's ok if your favorite character is Gus. It's interesting how many gamers like the same character and how many dislike the same character.

Gelert you've mentioned Diskworld Noir Several times, I'm getting curious about it. I think I'll put it in my current to play pile.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:35 pm

The only problem, hatshepsut, is I'm not sure you can get it work on XP and above. No
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:09 pm

I'd have to go with George in Broken Sword ... I like him.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Gelert, I think you are right. As luck would have it I was able to obtain a Win 98SE a couple of months ago. Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Game Character   Your Favorite Game Character Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Game Character
Page 1 of 1