Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Incident At ROANOKE Released Today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Incident At ROANOKE Released Today Empty
PostSubject: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 pm

StarLite at Mystery Manor has finished and released the game she has been working on for several years. Incident At ROANOKE can be downloaded Here

If you need a RAR file unzip program to open the game you can find one at cnet download. Very easy to use.
Here

Congragulations StarLite and thank you very much for making the game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:01 am

Hi hatshepsut, thank you for this post, I just seen it. It was quite the long haul that's for sure. Let's hope the next one won't be as long sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyTue May 11, 2010 6:19 pm

I am keeping my fingers crossed that work on the game will go smoothly and not take long to finish Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Hi hatshepsut, well I just got through revamping Hawk Manor for about the 5th time. I was so engrossed in the story that I almost forgot to put dinner on.

Hawk Manor looks like it's going to be a lot more work than Roanoke was. There's a lot more to do in Hawk Manor and a lot of places to go. I started working on some graphics last night but I may scrap those and start over. I just hope I didn't bite off more than I could chew with this game.

Before I can start working with the engine I have to have all my graphics done. I think I may start working on my list tonight of what I need for this game. Well I've got to check my ribs, take care for now, thank you once again for the wonderful review farao
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Hay StarLite. Congratulations on completing your game. As soon as I have a second to spare I'll take a look at it. It sounds well-cool! flower
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:56 pm

Gelert it is a very nice little game, it won't take you long to play it and I think you would like it's sense of humor Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyWed May 12, 2010 12:02 am

Hi Gelert, I hope you get a good laugh out of it. I'm so pleased at the amount of people who found the game really funny. This is good, I like to make people laugh. I can't believe that we've over 300 downloads. For a first game that's not too bad.

The next game unfortunately won't be funny at all, it's more a horror story about a creepy old house. I was looking at the story for Hawk Manor today and it's going to take a lot of work to complete. I may start working on graphics tomorrow, so if you have any ideas you'd like to pass on I'd more than welcome it. Take care for now and hope you enjoy the game.

Glad you had fun with it hatshepsut. I've already started cliffnotes for a sequel called The Roanoke Connection. I'll try to make that one even funnier if I can and longer sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:20 am

Hi StarLite Moon,

I haven't played your game yet, but BIG CONGRATS on finishing it! It's an impressive achievement, one that will live on forever (in adventure game lore). I've always been a follower of the AGS and Adventure Maker forums and have a deep respect for those people who jump into the deep end and create an original work. Kudos to you...
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi lakerz, thank you so much for your kind words. It was quite the long arduous haul but the great results and the enjoyment that everyone got from the game was well worth it. I'm glad that I was able to make a lot of people laugh. We all could use a good laugh these days.

I'm working on my next game at the moment called Terror Within Hawk Manor, which is more of a serious game, not much funny stuff there. Thank you once again for your support and I hope you enjoy Incident At Roanoke

Here are a couple of screenshots of Terror Within Hawk Manor. Enjoy

Hawk Day

Hawk Nite
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:37 pm

I started playing today . So far, so good !! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:26 pm

StarLite those screenshots from Terror Within Hawk Manor are fantastic, thank you. I really like horror games and this one sounds good. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptySat May 15, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Faust, I'm glad you are enjoying Roanoke so far. I hope all goes well with it and I hope you get a good laugh.

Hi hatshepsut, glad you enjoy the pics. I rewrote Hawk Manor about 5 times, but I've decided that I'm going with the last rewrite. So far there's over 25 characters to speak to. It's a 1st person game with a pretty good story. Later on I'll post some info on what it's about.

What I want to achieve with Hawk Manor is a scary game that gives people a bit of a fright. One of the characters in the game Ellen Wolford is based on someone I used to work for and just as nasty. I've created her to be the type of character that you just want to reach into the screen and give a good thrashing to. I want people to feel, "Oh, I hate her" feeling. And I think they pretty much will. But in the end she gets her come up ins. Will keep you posted sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:05 am

Thanks StarLite sounds great Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:56 am

Thankyou StarLite Moon for a lovely freeware game. I've just completed Incident At Roanoke and enjoyed it immensley. Very Happy

The music and the animation were just fab!

And the story was cool too! Smile

As for your next game, Terror Within Hawk Manor, all I can say is .................... "Sounds like a plan!" Wink Know what I mean? lol!

That KISSING scene!!! Phewee!! Had me in hot sweats!!!!! Incident At ROANOKE Released Today 518783
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Hi Gelert, I'm glad you liked the game and got a good laugh. Tell me can you look at a COG the same way again. lol!

If things had worked out right after the kiss, Phil was supposed to change 3 shades of green, but it didn't work out. I've started the cliffnotes for a sequel called The Roanoke Connection. A few people have expressed an interest in Minion, so the sequel is going to have her in it. I'm thinking of going with a back forth character interaction. For instance for one part of the game it's Phil and Mary and the next part you play as Erwin_AW and Minion.

I'm working on trying to create a demo for Hawk Manor. I've got the title screen finished. I've got a description of the game ready to go, I just want to get a couple of more pics to display. Well I'm off. I'll be back later on sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incident At ROANOKE Released Today   Incident At ROANOKE Released Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Incident At ROANOKE Released Today
Page 1 of 1