Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terror Within Hawk Manor

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
StarLite Moon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Terror Within Hawk Manor Empty
PostSubject: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:43 am

Good day fellow gamers, Roanoke is doing quite well, but now it's time to move on to my next project Terror Within Hawk Manor. It is a first person horror adventure set in an old manor. Here is a description and the first pic title screen. Enjoy

Jemma Wilson a young up and coming real estate agent with a difficult boss, has been given the task of selling Hawk Manor, a run down old mansion with a history, and not a very pleasant history.

Jemma’s boss, Ellen Wolford, considers her to be an insurance risk because of Jemma’s eye transplant surgery. So to make up for lost time and the possibility of getting Jemma fired, Ellen shifts the sale of Hawk Manor onto Jemma, confident that the old manor will never be sold.

Jemma needs that one big sale and Hawk Manor is it. For Jemma it’s do or die, literally. While assessing the damage to the old mansion, strange occurrences take place in the house that has Jemma second guessing her career with VanGuard Realty.

You play the part of Jemma Wilson in a 1st person point and click adventure. Can you help Jemma unfold the

TERROR WITHIN HAWK MANOR

Hawk Manor
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Sounds really good. I like a gameplay that takes place in an old mansion with a history Terror Within Hawk Manor 7

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun May 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Sounds good ! I love a good horror story !!
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Good day all, I know I said I was going to take a break, but I can't. It's another roller coaster of learning. I'm trying to make the graphics in order of the story, but I may do some pics inside the manor to give everyone a feel for the game. This game looks like it's going to be a lot more work than Roanoke and this is good. I wanted to do a bit of writing. It's one big juggling act right now. I think I better get my priorities straight. Well I'm off, take care everyone. I'll post some more pics soon sunny
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Terror Within Hawk Manor - Update   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Good day fellow gamers. Thought I'd stop by and drop off another pic from Hawk Manor. Special thank you to hatshepsut for helping me get started on the inside of the manor. Enjoy

Inside Hawk Manor
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Nice pic !!!
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:27 pm

Thank you Faust, glad you like the pic. I had a hard time with it because I was going for a Silent Hill/Resident Evil type of house, which Hawk Manor isn't really about.

I managed to knock off the Office Hallway and Jemma's office. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do for mouse icons. I'm going to create graphics in the order of the story or else I'll just be all over the place.

Well I'm off, take care sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:36 pm

You are welcome StarLite. The picture looks good Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Glad you like the newer pic hatshepsut. Funny thing is the program I used to do the walls I've had for 5 years and I've only now learned how to do the chair railing and the panels on the bottom walls and floor.

I managed to get 4 more pictures done of the offices, but today I have to take a bit of a break. The muscles in my arms are aching so much I feel like I want to vomit. I may work on touching up the Lost Talisman of RaJa and maybe do a bit more writing. I really hate to stop especially when I'm on a roll.

I'm off to make the rounds, take care fellow players sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Four more pictures done Very Happy

Take care StarLite Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Yup, I wanted to do some more tonight. I'd like to post a pic of Ellen Wolford the nasty bosslady. My arms have settled down some because I rested them all day. I'll have to go through the story and see what needs to be done next after the offices. I think the whole inside of Hawk Manor is after Ellen's office. Thank the talented and generous artists for the their pictures tubes. It sure cuts down on a lot of work. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:42 pm

We like generous artists Smile I will be interested to see a picture of Ellen.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:40 am

Just for you Hatshepsut, I introduce to you Mz. Ellen B. Wolford, dragon boss lady. She's the kind of boss you love to hate. She's actually based on someone I used to work with and just as nasty

Ellen Wolford
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:13 am

Thank you StarLite. Ellen does look like the kind of boss you love to hate.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 pm

And believe me she lives up to the "B" in her name. You'll she when the game comes out. I'm going to try to put together a non-playable demo of the opening cutscene. I made her character so that every time you see or hear her you just want to reach into the monitor and giver her a good shaking. She quite a piece of work that's for sure. I managed to finally get her office finished last night, so now it's on to working on Hawk Manor again. I can't make up my mind what to do about Jemma. I thought about putting her in cutscenes or just leave her out like in Nancy Drew, and then you only see her at the very end when she does her closing speech. I'll have to think about that one. Will keep you posted sunny
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 pm

You know me, the more I look at something the more I can find wrong with it. I made another pic of the inside of Hawk Manor and I think this one is more suitable. The manor is supposed to be old and dilapidated and I think the other hallway looks a little too clean. So I made this one to look rougher. Now I've just got to learn how to do some lighting for it. Let me know if you think this one is better.

Another Hallway
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi StarLite. Yes I think I do like this hallway better Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:36 am

Me too, the new pic of the hallway gives a more grungy atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Thank you for the input, it helps quite a lot to see things from someone elses eyes. So now I know where I'm going with this manor. I've been doing so much learning at Dragon's Breath that I haven't been working on Hawk Manor. But I think putting it off to learn how to do better is much more worth it. I learned about reflections yesterday.

I made a cellphone and an mp3 player which turned out pretty good. I don't want to post too many pics till I get the game finished. This one is going to be a lot more work.

Oh no, I'm supposed to go walking today and I'm getting a bit of a buzz from my anxiety drug, darn I thought if I took it on an empty stomach I'd be ok. I guess I'll try taking it with breakfast next time and see what happens. Well I'm off for now. Glad everyone enjoyed the pic. Take care and happy gaming drunken
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Good day fellow players. Just wanted to drop a couple of new pics of Hawk Manor. The hallway has been revamped once again but this is the final draft no more changes. Enjoy

Terror Within Hawk Manor Revampedhawkhallway1

Terror Within Hawk Manor Revampeddiningrm2
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Cool Starlite. I like the cobwebs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 9:08 pm

I like the revamped hallway. It looks good. I really like dining room. The table and chairs look like they have been taken care of while the room is in disrepair. Makes the room feel eerie.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Just noticed this thread... nice job Star.. looks like this is really coming along--- can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 am

Glad everyone is enjoying the pics. There's still quite a ways to go yet. I hope it won't take another 5 years like Roanoke, so keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully the new engine will cut down on a lot of tedious work. I did the tutorial for Wintermute and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I'm working room by room so I don't get too confused. I don't even want to think ahead or I'll get so overwhelmed and start to panic. Well I'm off to make the rounds. Glad you see you back Win flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terror Within Hawk Manor   Terror Within Hawk Manor Empty

Back to top Go down

Terror Within Hawk Manor
Page 1 of 1