Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Empty
PostSubject: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Good day good folks. So glad to see this area here. Been awhile since I've done this, but I thought I would post some pics from my upcoming game Terror Within Hawk Manor. I'm working on coding at the moment and those of you who know me know I would rather stick a fork in my eye. Can't give you a definite release date, but I got set back about 3 years working at Dragon's Breath site.

Ok, then. The game is totally point and click, a LOT of clicking and pointing. I'm working with Adventure Game Studio and might I add a wonderful game engine, love the changes they made to it. Here's the promo for the game and some pics. Hopefully a much better game than Roanoke, thank you for the wonderful review Hats. Enjoy

Promo

Jemma Wilson a young up and coming real estate agent with the prestigious firm of VanGuard Realty, has been given the task of selling Hawk Manor, a run down old mansion with a history, and not a very pleasant history.

Jemma’s difficult boss, Ellen B. Wolford, considers her to be an insurance risk for the company because of Jemma’s cornea transplant surgery. So to make up for lost time and the possibility of getting Jemma fired, Mz. Wolford, shifts the sale of Hawk Manor onto Jemma, confident that the old manor can never be sold.

Jemma needs that one big sale and Hawk Manor is it. For Jemma it’s do or die, literally. While assessing the damage to the old mansion, and repairs needed to place the old house on the market, Jemma experiences some strange occurrences that take place in the old manor that has Jemma second guessing her career with VanGuard Realty.

You play the part of Jemma Wilson in a 1st person point and click adventure. Can you help Jemma unfold the Terror Within Hawk Manor and get it sold

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Boss_1

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Rita

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Hawk%20Livingroom

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Hawk%20Attic

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Hospital

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Hawk%20Bathroom

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Jemmas%20Apt

Last edited by StarLite Moon on Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 11:12 am

This looks great Starlite. Thanks for the update . . and good look with the coding !

. . . . hope the fork isn't too sharp. Very Happy

p.s. ; I quite enjoyed Roanoke Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 1:49 am

Break time. Thank you Gelert, glad you enjoyed Roanoke and the pics, I love writing stories. I'd like to get into digital comics sometime. I started writing a story called Beyond The Newsroom, which was supposed to be a game but I wasn't happy with it as a game. So much to do and not enough patience to learn. Oh well. Hope all goes well and you'll be playing Hawk Manor soon.

How's the photography coming along. I loved that picture of the Prague clock, thank you for that. Well I'm off, it's tv time. Take care sunny
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes. I find if you overdo it on something you love doing, it can become a chore, and stops being enjoyable. Which is the whole point really. Enjoyment.
So keep enjoying what you do StarLite. And take as much time as it takes. Smile

Thanks for the comment about my photograph. I really did like Prague. My photography website sales and craft fair stalls are going better than I'd expected.
I'm enjoying the diversion from my day-job.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Looks good so far ! May I inquire of the gaming engine you had mentioned , if I am not mistaken  ?
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Glad to hear that your website is doing well. Those are some lovely pics. Keep your camera handy for the Blue Moon July 31st. I wish I had a good camera. Hubby is always talking about getting a good digital camera

This one is a big game, bigger than Roanoke so it's going to take quite some time. Everything is 100% except for the coding.

Funny thing, when I was working on the game, I was reading over the story to see what I needed to do next, when the timer went off and scared the life out of me. Some people said after they played Roanoke they couldn't sleep that night, I can just imagine when they play Hawk Manor, they'll probably need a psychiatrist

@Faust, there was a man from, just kidding,  thank you for your comment. I'll post a link to the site, I tried to use AGS for Roanoke but I couldn't get the hang of it and back then help wasn't forthcoming. But things have changed now and sites seem to be more help friendly. The engine has been revamped and the changes are amazing. It has drop down menus to help you pick what you need as well as some great tutorials by Densming over at YouTube to help out. Here's a link for the site and the tutorials. It's well worth a look

Adventure Game Studio

AGS Tutorials
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks , will have to check out those links . When I first read about using a new engine , for some reason , the Wintermute engine that Johnathan Boakes has used on some of his games popped in my head .
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Oh WME is a wonderful engine, but a little complicated for me. I tried to use WME for HM but couldn't get my first scene to show up, also after awhile they ask you to donate every time you run the engine. If I had the money I would donate to a lot of things but moths have had at my pockets I'm afraid.

I'm finding AGS a very pleasant surprise. I keep telling my hubby that and he keeps telling me, "yeah, I know, you love that engine". If I can figure it out anyone can. The video tutorials are excellent and they teach you quite a lot. I think I'll stick with AGS for now. Are you making a game? Can you give a little tidbit about it sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 3:48 am

The pictures look really good StarLite. If Hawk Manor is half as good as Roanoke it will be great. I am so looking forward to playing it. And StarLite don't sell yourself short, I think it really takes a special person and a lot of talent to do what you do.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Hey Hats, good to see you, I was getting a little worried about you, how have you been

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I think you are really going to like Hawk Manor, it's a much bigger game than Roanoke and there should be less flaws. It's best played in the dark for that scary jolt to the heart. It's also a good story. I'm really anxious to get to my next game, The Lost Talisman of RaJa, but I have to do some more writing on that one because I read it over the other day and it seems a bit too short.

Well I'm nursing a cup of tea at the moment, haven't had brekkie yet, so I'm off. Take care for now and have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi StarLite sorry to worry you. I am fine I have a family member who is seriously ill and has taken up quite a bit of my time the last few months.
Best of luck with finishing the game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi Hats, so sorry to hear this. I hope your loved one gets better soon. I was hoping you just had computer problems. All the best

I take the weekends off from the game, I don't want to burn myself out. So it's back to the grindstone tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, I'm hoping to release it this year, maybe Halloween. That would be great, a scary game for a scary day. Take care sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 6:32 pm

Thanks StarLite, I wish it was computer problems instead too.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too. Halloween sounds good for a scary game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:46 pm

All the best Hats, I hope all goes well

It's always a step forward and 150 back with coding. I seem to do my best work at night. I had a glitch in code that I couldn't figure out, so last night at about 11:30 I decided to take a look at a couple of tuts and the code that was giving me the problem and I figured it out. I was looking at the ripped up note puzzle code today and I think I can add this to some of the ripped notes in the game. So far, I'm learning quite a lot about this engine and I'm very happy with it. I'm hoping for a Halloween release, that would be so cool. Will keep you posted sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:37 am

Glad to hear you got that problem figured out.

Torn up paper puzzles huh ? I'm so happy to hear it, I love torn up paper puzzles Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 6:48 pm

I had to leave it out of the last game which really made me mad, but this time I'm determined to learn how to do them. There is a module for torn note and jigsaw puzzle script, I've been looking it over and got a fair idea. If I can't figure it out by the time the game is finished then I'll go over to AGS and ask for help. I asked a so-called friend for help but so-called friend couldn't be bothered since they don't need my help anymore. If you want to know about it I'll write you a private message between us.

I think you're really going to like this game. Funny thing, a person over at Gameboomers said that when she played Roanoke she had a hard time getting to sleep, she kept feeling as though there was someone in the room with her. if she plays this game she will probably sleep with the lights on. I'm actually very pleased with this game, it's a fabulous story too. Everything gets explained as you go along. You get to feel so sorry for the main character and the Hawk family

I was going to do some work on it today, but my sciatica is acting up and I don't really want to sit too long because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I hate doctor's appointments. Oh well. I'm off to find a tennis or baseball, take care for now sunny
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptySun Aug 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi Hats, well good news, I think I have the torn note puzzles down pat. I have this dummy game where I do my learning so I don't mess up my original game. The problem I was having was the pieces of the puzzles were overlapping, so I managed to figure that out. I couldn't use the jigsaw puzzle module because they said that some of the code is obsolete and for the life of me I couldn't get it, but I found a work around that works better for me. So you'll be doing ripped up notes, putting broken plates and pictures together. I also put a promo for the Chestnut War in a book, so you'll get a taste of that.

I remember quite a while ago playing an online game that was all ripped up notes. It was pretty good actually, not sure what it was called now, but if I come across it again I'll let you know.

Well I'm off, I'd like to relax today but we all know that's not going to happen. I hope you have a wonderful day sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:47 am

The puzzles sound fantastic. I would love to know where that puzzle game is if you find it again

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Good morning Hats, it is 10:46am here. I have some fabulous news for you, I managed the ripped up note puzzle so you have about 5 or 6 of them to put together. I've got to tell you though I'm sick of them, not so much coding them but playing them. I think I hate testing more than coding now. So I've come up with another idea of testing. You can give yourself all the items from the start and place your main character in any room, so I may do that for the rooms I have trouble with. The game is coming along very well, if I could just stop changing the code and messing things up. I spent the whole day yesterday working on it. I've got nothing else to do since I'm laid up with this foot. If it doesn't get better there's going to be a lot of games, movies and comics made by me. LOL. Well I'm off to take this heating pad off my foot. Take care for now and have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Looks good Starlite, looking forward to playing your game
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Thank you Belle Hawk, hopefully you'll be playing it soon. You did an excellent job on her voice, thank you for taking the time to do it. I keep finding simple ways of doing certain things in the coding, now I have to go through the whole game and revamp the exit cursors and you're looking at 178 rooms. If it's ready I may release it just before Halloween being that I'll be very busy Halloween night. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:20 pm

Sounds good StarLite. Halloween isn't that far off.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi Hats, I'm keeping an eye on the dates. At the moment I'm testing the game, but if not at Halloween then not too long after. I thought I'm not going to release it right on Halloween day because everyone including your's truly will be busy. I was thinking of making a Halloween video, but we'll see how pressed I am for time. I'm really loving this engine, can't wait to make the next game. sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:01 pm

I remember the Halloween video you made a couple of years ago. I laughed my self silly.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:41 pm

Glad you enjoy it Hats, I love to make people laugh and I really enjoy doing those videos. I would love to do a video playing HM but I'm not that good, yet. I ran into a snag last night with the loading, I figured out a work around, but it only gives you one save/load which really that's all you need. Well I'm off to answer the other message before breakfast, hope you have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor   A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor Empty

Back to top Go down

A Sneak Peak At Terror Within Hawk Manor
Page 1 of 1