Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.

Go down 
+9
Faust
Taio
lakerz
SuperEdy
Lady Kestrel
AngDMC
GreyFuss
hatshepsut
Gelert
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Correct. Is there any point in me posting the other 7 stills SuperEdy, or can you tell us what the movies are now? affraid

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 F4170c11
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:07 pm

Round 4 : Level 1

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 Bdef4192

Next reveal not before 7 a.m. GMT tomorrow. That's no earlier than 9 hours from now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 am

Raiders of the Lost Ark!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 am

GreyFuss wrote:
Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Too funny. OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 A068
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:29 am

Ummmmm............

Is SuperEdy just God like or what?!?!?!?!?!

Does he possess a program that can re-arrange these scrambled pictures maybe? Or is he just all knowing? Hehehehehe....

I guess it's a good thing that I already purchased this game because I stand zero chance to win this contest with people guessing pictures that are so scrambled I think they resemble those 3D pictures more so than acutal movie still screens! affraid
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 am

AngDMC wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:
Raiders of the Lost Ark!

Too funny. OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 A068

Yes. Hilarious. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:55 pm

lakerz wrote:
Ummmmm............

Is SuperEdy just God like or what?!?!?!?!?!

Does he possess a program that can re-arrange these scrambled pictures maybe? Or is he just all knowing? Hehehehehe....

I guess it's a good thing that I already purchased this game because I stand zero chance to win this contest with people guessing pictures that are so scrambled I think they resemble those 3D pictures more so than acutal movie still screens! affraid

Had the same thoughts but I don't think he would use such a program if there is one because that would be kinda cheating.
So maybe he is a Rainman and can see beyond the teeny squares. Neutral
I ordered the game...so I'm out . Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 5:37 am

affraid

Superedy, you never stop amazing me! I can only see... well... squares...
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:03 am

Round 4 : Level 2

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 B4dc561c

Next reveal not before 9 p.m. GMT tonight. That's no earlier than 12 hours from now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Tao wrote

Quote :
I can only see... well... squares...

Taio at this point that's all I see too....just thousands of little squares. Nothing that I've been able to identify yet.... except that they are definitely little squares. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Round 4 : Level 3

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 3743081d

Next reveal not before 9 p.m. GMT tomorrow night. That's no earlier than 22 hours from now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 am

The Others? afro
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 am

Taio if it is the The Others then I am on completely the wrong track lol!

Good luck Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 am

Taio wrote:
The Others? afro

Well done Taio!

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 4deb01a1
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Scores - AngDMC - 1
SuperEdy - 2
Taio - 1
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I lied! Twisted Evil

Round 5 : Level 1

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 C13aabed

Next reveal not before 9 p.m. GMT tonight. That's no earlier than 5 hours from now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:22 pm

Very well done Taio cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Congratulation Taio Very Happy great guess

I managed to rebuild half face of Kate Winslet so I'll guess Sense and Sensibility
For the Round 3 picture I approximately reassembled 7 young faces, so I chose the most famous movie with 7 kids
I hope it's alright, nothing in the rules says we're not supposed to try to reconstruct the picture scratch
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:38 pm

Well done SuperEdy. How did you know which Kate Winslett movie it was?

Also, how did you reconstruct the picture exactly, if you don't mind me asking? Surely not by eye. I'd say that's impossible.

Did you print it out and cut up every single quadrant? Or do you have a software prgram (Java maybe?), to enable this for you?

SuperEdy 3
AngDMC 1
Taio 1

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 7544a4e7

Last edited by Gelert on Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks hatshepsut and Superedy Very Happy . Yes for Round 5 I reconstructed Nicole Kidman's face in MS Paint too, but it took me some time to recognize her...
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Kate Winslet has curly hair only in Titanic and that movie, I looked at some screenshots of those two movies
There are also jigsaw puzzle games that let you choose the picture and the size of the tile
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Fair enough Taio and SuperEdy and, as you say, there's nothing in the rules to say you can't use anything other than your eye. I have serious reservations as to whether it's in the spirit of the game though as not everyone is as savvy as yourselves with regards to what is available on their PC, etc..

However, I'll continue with this contest because you've done NOTHING wrong by the rules.

I won't post such contests in future for free games however as, no matter what you may think, it doesn't give a everyone a fair chance. I envisaged this to be a naked eye movie i.d. contest and, put simply, it's not what I wanted for everyone. If you take offense, none is meant I assure you.

Next still:

Round 6 : Level 1

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 63107d7b

Next reveal not before 9 a.m. GMT tomorrow. That's no earlier than 10 hours from now. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Taio
Wanderer's Apprentice
Taio

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:37 pm

I think you're right Gelert, it's not fair Embarassed, but every computer has MS Paint... right? (I'm really asking, I don't have any idea...). Reconstructing those pictures in Paint is not easy, it's like making a 2000 piece puzzle, that's why it didn't feel like cheating to me, but I agree this would be better for everyone if we try to guess the movie only with our eyes, I swear I won't try to reconstruct the pictures anymore!
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:38 pm

I agree with Gelert, the Excel trivia was fairer for everyone and you can always choose more difficult screenshots to avoid a draw
But the jigsaw puzzle was so much fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Yes Taio I think that most everyone has Paint. Except maybe the Mac users, Lady Kestrel can correct me on that if I'm wrong. That must have been very time consuming and eyecrossing Taio Smile

Good luck to all with the rest of the contest. Especially to me who thought the first one was Ben Franklin and was convinced that Nicole Kidman's eye was Pierce Brosnan. No scratch Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.   OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOOOOOOOooooooooo-kay! Another contest?! I hear you say.
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next